Bug Updates that removed Williams & Bally (7.11.0 & 7.11.1) have ruined goals & scores

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Updates that removed Williams & Bally (7.11.0 & 7.11.1) have ruined goals & scores

In another thread, I've written about how the new updates screwed up the goals and high scores for me – with my progress of the past few months being wiped out.

I wasn't sure if it was a one-time glitch or a bug, but now I'm convinced something is going on in the game that has broken things.

After updating to the version that removed the Williams & Bally tables (7.11.0), all of my goals and high scored achieved since May were wiped out. Even my "favorites" list had reverted to what it was months ago. (I have an ipad 4, running ios 10.3.3.)

I stopped playing the game (out of frustration and the hope that maybe things might be corrected remotely), but checked in a couple of times a day to see if things might have sorted themselves out.

A few days later, everything was back!

....until I closed the game. Because when I started it again a few minutes later, everything was gone once more.

The mirage-like return of my goals and high scores happened twice more, and the third time I made screen grabs of the "favorites" & "wizard complete" lists in order to send to FarSight as proof of what I was trying to explain.

After this, there were no reappearances of my completed goals/high scores for a few days, then suddendly they just popped up!

This time, I tried to lock things in by going into the data management section of the game, and backing up the data. I wasn't able to figure out how to save it locally, so I chose the "save to remote" feature.

I then installed the Pinball Arcade Plus version of the game from the app store, and selected the "restore from remote" option.

What I got back wasn't everything. Two tables (Black Rose & Firepower II) showed their completed status, but four others (Fireball, Funhouse, Earthshaker, and Xenon) were still uncompleted.

So, I now had two versions of TPA on my iPad, the regular version (which had lost all the progress once again), and the Plus version.

This weekend, I played the Plus version of the game, and after great effort, was able to achieve all of the wizard goals for Fireball, Funhouse, Earthshaker, and Xenon once more.

I backed up the Plus game to remote, then installed TPA on my phone. On the phone, I restored it from remote. The same four games that the earlier backup failed to save, failed to save to remote once again...

But, since they were still on the Plus version of the game on my ipad, I wasn't too concerned...

...until this morning when I started the game and those four tables had reverted to their uncompleted status once again, with all of my progress made over the weekend wiped out once more...:mad: :mad: :mad:

What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On. Here?!!

I spent MANY hours this weekend getting back the progress TPA had arbitrarily wiped out. Then, waking up, turning on the game, and seeing everything gone once more REALLY pisses me off.

So, obviously, this is not a one-time glitch, but a pretty substantial bug. It affects both versions of the game (standard and Plus), which is why I'm starting a new thread on it here.

Has anyone else had their progress reverted/totally lost?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
With Arcooda, other projects, and the rush to remove Bally/Williams, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised some things got messed up. But yeah, it’s disappointing to say the least. Missing achievements, missing/locked tables, stuttery play, and other surprises. Just gotta keep the faith that fixes will come. Not much else we can do.

Last edited:

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Just bought Star Trek and Ac/Dc and now with new update the ball is jerkey unplayable. Was working fine before only cannon fire button didn’t work. Now I can’t play at all. $20.00 for two tables and they are unplayable.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
If you update TPA (iOS) via iTunes, the older version(s) of TPA may still likely be in your Trash (if you haven't emptied it). To revert to an older version in your trash, move it out of the trash to a folder. The name(s) will be something like Pinball Arcade Plus 7.10.6.ipa (.ipa is the file extension for iPod/iPhone/iPad app). Delete the current version that's in iTunes, then drag the older version back into iTunes. Delete the version that is on your device (you will lose tables and scores that are stored on the device so backup your save data before deleting). Note that you'll lose this data regardless when reverting to an older version of TPA.

After the app has been deleted from the device, sync TPA back to the device using iTunes, restore your save data and re-download your tables as needed.

*Note that this works only under iTunes on the Mac/PC. If you update TPA from the device itself, this is not possible...unless you have previous versions of TPA still in your trash/archived somewhere on your Mac/PC.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.