Deadpool pinball from Stern

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
This looks so good, makes me wish pinball arcade was at the point of day one releases. Until then I scour this site for news haha

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This looks so good, makes me wish pinball arcade was at the point of day one releases. Until then I scour this site for news haha

Callouts should be pretty funny on this one. Hope when I bump into one that family mode is turned off.
Would be great to add this to TPA at some point.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Ew, Memepool.

Hopefully the gameplay will make up for the theme. It is a nice looking table and the theme seems well-integrated; I like how they incorporated the swords. Nice animations, they have a MvC feel to them. And Mister Sinister is cool. At least it has the comic aesthetic rather than the movie aesthetic, due to not having been a Marvel Studios film. That's a huge plus for me. Stern's live action film tables are almost all eyesores.

Looking forward to trying it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Glad they went comic aesthetic as well. A cut and paste job from movie shots would have been criminal.
Love the art on cabinet, backglass, and bottom half of playfield. The top half of playfield is a mess to me. So busy and full of crap my eyes can't focus on any one thing. Maybe I will like that area better when I see it in person.
Don't love that cheap looking bobblehead thing either.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
iu

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Unless I see one randomly somewhere chances are the first time I get to play one will be in York in October.

I appreciate the general direction Stern are taking with regard to their artwork. I'm glad the "Photoshop" era is in the rear-view mirror.

I also assume the DP pin will have some callouts ripping your play. And it would be great if there were a true R-rated option ;)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Looks pretty good. The LCD animations ode to 90’s style Marvel vs. Street Fighter is really cool. I’m still working on an Iron Maiden though.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Did you buy a Maiden?

I sold my Centaur privately with no fees and for cash and I want to sell my Getaway to get the rest of the funds to buy a Maiden Pro. Flipper Fidelity is right here in Reading and is a Stern dealer. I talked to the owner, Mike Pupo, regarding a trade but he offered way too low. I understand why and I don’t fault him but I know I can get more through eBay or Craigslist. My problem is the house my wife and I bought three years ago requires that my pinball room be a bedroom on the second floor. It’s a real pain to get pins up and down from there unless you can take them apart. Old Bally’s like Centaur can be dismantled easily. WPC games like Getaway cannot. I’ve strapped it to a hand truck but will probably wait for some help to take it down the steps. Believe me, WPC games from the 90’s are heavy. Maybe not JJP widebody heavy but still heavy and awkward.

When I sell it I’ll probably get an Iron Maiden. The dealer told me he’d deliver and cart it up the steps. I love the theme and want something deeper.

Though...Beatles is coming winter 2018/2019. :rolleyes:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Played a handful of games on Iron Maiden, and I can se why you want one. That is one fun player. I could barely hear it and still thought it was great. Love that shot up through the bumpers. I know that shot has been done before, but it just feels great to hit it on IM.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So Deadpool will be in TPA in a few months then?, as didnt they say they would be bring tables out day and date when the actual physical table is release?, or was this more BS from Farsight?

strells

Oct 7, 2014
So Deadpool will be in TPA in a few months then?, as didnt they say they would be bring tables out day and date when the actual physical table is release?, or was this more BS from Farsight?

I think that's the ultimate goal, but they're definitely not there yet.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

If they were going to do that, they would have done it with Star Wars, Guardians, Iron Maiden, etc. already. I'm thinking they haven't figured out the whole LCD situation on these new pins.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here’s a really good look at Deadpool Pro from Stern.
Art looks so much better on this vid than in the pics released earlier by Stern. Still not thrilled about the bobble head, but the art looks great and the shots are very interesting and it looks to shoot smoothly. Light show is pretty weak, but there is still time for Stern to make that better. Looks like you can keep multiball going with very little effort by banging at the bobble head area. Audio seems very G rated, which surprises me a bit.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
According to Pinside, Stern is saying there will be no adult mode and it will be PG and family friendy. :(

Members online

Members online