Score a Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot Workaround?

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
So I've finally managed to get the 'Activate Super Surprise' wizard goal, and am down to the final 'Score a Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot' goal. I read through all the threads, and a couple people mentioned they got randomly awarded the goal during multiball, without satisfying the requirement. Then I found the follow gem by Captain B. Zarre (link):

Piece of advice:
Stack Super Loops with any multiball. Once the loop is registered, a Jackpot shot to the left loop also collects any lit Jackpot at the right loops. This is how I managed to collect the Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot this morning in the tournament.

Sadly nobody discussed this tip further, but I believe it may be how the goal glitched for a few people. My problem is that I don't understand exactly what he's talking about here. If anyone could clarify what he means by stacking super loops and left loop collecting jackpots from the right loops, I'd really appreciate it. I tried messaging the user, but they ran out of message space.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm not sure how to activate Super Loops (is it in the instructions?), but ordinarily to collect a Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot, you would need to collect three jackpots (jackpot, double jackpot, triple jackpot) from all of the shots on the table (left loop, slot machine, center ramp thingy, and right loop) and then hit the slot machine a fourth time to collect the Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot. The hardest shots to make during multiball are the far left and far right loops, but it sounds like Super Loops make it so hitting one loop will collect one of each of these difficult shots, so you only need to hit the ball around one of the loops three times instead of both loops three times (3 shots instead of six)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Super Loops comes from going all the way around the Roll-n-Win circle twice.

Gorgar is right about how to get the SDME jackpot: you need to collect all four 1x-2x-3x jackpots (you must avoid hitting the slot machine after its 3x) to light it, then the slot machine to collect it. The SDME jackpot also awards an extra ball every time.

Super Loops makes a left loop shot also count as a right loop shot (and maybe vice versa too.) This is important because the right loop is by far the hardest of the four shots in TPA. Originally, it was literally impossible (thanks to poor physics tuning) to shoot the right loop from a caught ball on the left flipper. That was later adjusted, but it's still a much tighter timing window than it should be.

The easiest way to hit the right orbit is as a backhand from a catch on the right flipper, which works well in TPA, but an impossible angle on a real machine.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks guys, this clarifies what he meant. Basically activate Super Loops by going around dice wheel twice. That makes either orbit shot count as the opposite shot during multiball. I wish I knew about it while I was going for the Super Surprise Goal. Also on PS4 at least, I can hit the right loop almost every single time by aiming for the red target. It would happen 3 out of 4 times I'd try to hit it while going for Super Surprise.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. It was hard to tell because the stupid game only pops up Jackpot counters while you're playing, and hides them the moment you cradle the balls. But at one point I saw my left orbit read 2x, while right orbit was 3x. If they were being collected at the same time, the numbers should be the same. BTW, is there any way to tell how many shots you have left on each lane, other than looking at the smiley faces on the LED display. They could've easily implemented it on the table itself, because there are 3 lights in front of each ramp, but as far as I can tell those things are not indicating anything meaningful.

I was close twice, but the first time I wasn't sure if I had triple jackpot done on one lane, and drained while shooting for it (I did have 3). On my 2nd almost success, I drained 2nd ball just as the first one was hitting the triple jackpot on slots. I was hoping it would count, but it didn't. I hate these dumb goals.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, if you look at this video from the 2:20 to 5:00 mark,

https://youtu.be/aE2W-pBUucs

You may notice a pattern with the three lights

0 jackpots completed - the big white light flashes
1 Jackpot completed - the two smaller colored lights flash
2 jackpots completed - all three lights flash
3 jackpots completed - all lights are solidly lit

However, whenever a Jackpot is scored, everything flashes, so you need to hold the balls to see what shots you still have to make

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks, that should be helpful, will give it another go tonight. My current method was pausing the game whenever the LED display would pop up the values

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Finally got it, what a royal pain in the butt. I couldn't stand that dumb roulette wheel that would spin forever every single time you launched a ball. It felt like you could pretty much launch the ball, go make yourself a sandwitch, come back, and half the time the ball would still be spinning.

In any case, I got this through a random glitch, but it can't be that rare, because it happened to me 2 days ago as well. The key is to start the multiball from the dice wheel, instead of manually locking the balls. That makes it possible for one of the balls being fed to you in the beginning to get stuck on a rare occasion. That prevents new balls from getting launched, but the balls are technically still on the playfield. This allowed me to complete all the shots using a single ball. And when I screwed up on the very end on the easiest Slot Machine shots, I was able to call attendant to get a second shot at it with the remaining balls. Here's my vid:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
OMG, the right outlane, two jackpot shots from the goal! :sweat:

For the glitch, it never happened to me on PS3, but it's a while I didn't retry this goal, so maybe it has been "implemented" with one of the last game update.

I couldn't stand that dumb roulette wheel that would spin forever every single time you launched a ball. It felt like you could pretty much launch the ball, go make yourself a sandwitch, come back, and half the time the ball would still be spinning.

So true.

Even if you launch the ball very gently, it will spin forever, as it seems the roulette spin is in fact a poor-written script.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
OMG, the right outlane, two jackpot shots from the goal! :sweat:

For the glitch, it never happened to me on PS3, but it's a while I didn't retry this goal, so maybe it has been "implemented" with one of the last game update.

Good luck. You may be able to cause the glitch by nudging the table as the ball is being fed. I had another game where the ball would not launch because it was resting against the left side of the launch area.

Members online

Members online