Request Any chance on an optional wipe of the in-game top five high scores?

Billy

Jun 7, 2018
Hi all,

I initially posted this on the Switch sub-forum, but that sub-forum seems to be dead and I've had zero responses (and still am the most recent poster in there), so I figured I'd open the request up to all versions of the game.

Here's my request, exactly as I posted it a month ago for the Switch version:

I've gotten The Pinball Arcade on my Switch, and while I had the game before (on X360 with every table that came with it back then, and later on PS4 with all of season one before I moved on to other games), the Switch version quickly became my preferred version thanks to being able to take it anywhere and just play a table or two in between stuff, and thanks to vertical mode being able to use the whole screen just for the table with no lost space on the sides.

Now, the one gripe that I have with the game, are the pre-set in-game high scores. I get why they're there, but they're really annoying to have. They're pretty high for all tables and while I can get into the top five with some continued effort on most tables, I haven't been able to reach number one on any table yet. Biggest issue that I have with this is that I don't care one bit for those pre-set numbers, but that I would love to have a top five for everyone who ever played the game on my Switch. I've often got people over to play games (both video and table), and it would be cool to be able to have a go at each other's high scores from the last time we played. Unfortunately, as it is now, nobody ever gets into the top five except for myself on occasion because I play the game more often, and others aren't really getting in the mood to play some pinball yet specifically because these pre-set top fives take the fun out of it for them.

So, my question would be: can the game please get an update where it's possible to wipe the in-game top scores for machines? The Switch doesn't have any achievements/trophies for getting into the top five so that's not an issue here, and real pinball machines also have ways to reset the high scores.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I don't know if you can do it on the Switch, but on PS4 the clunky workaround, would be deleting game save data (you could back it up first to USB if you planned on restoring it later). That would bring all the scores to their original values (for all tables).

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I don't know if you can do it on the Switch, but on PS4 the clunky workaround, would be deleting game save data (you could back it up first to USB if you planned on restoring it later). That would bring all the scores to their original values (for all tables).

The original values are what he wants gone.

Billy

Jun 7, 2018

The original values are what he wants gone.

Indeed, I would like to see an option to remove the original values. That way I can get a top five for myself and my friends, instead of random values of people unkown to me, with maybe one or two scores of myself in there.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
You could manually fiddle with the Highscores file on PC, but on the Switch? It's not likely to happen. Best work around I can think of is to use the built in screen grab tool to take a picture of your high scores then compete off those. It's not an ideal solution, but I don't see Farsight adding a wipe the local scores to zero feature.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I've never thought of the top five scores included with any table as being super high. I would think that with a little practice, anyone could get a high score. Even on the original tables, there are default high scores. I don't see this happening at all.

Mar 9, 2012
I've never thought of the top five scores included with any table as being super high. I would think that with a little practice, anyone could get a high score. Even on the original tables, there are default high scores. I don't see this happening at all.

I agree.. the more often you play you'll blow away all default local high scores easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.