So What Is The Holy Grail Now?

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie! are currently in the hands of Beta testers. Dunno what the projected release timeline is and I'm not even going to put out a guess, but there will be kinda exciting things coming soon!

Eldar how is it? Can't wait to get my hands on NEW tables. They said on the stream 2 to 3 weeks out

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Personally, I wouldn't mind older tables from the '70's and '80's. But I know the unfortunate reality is that they tend not to sell well.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
One Holy Grail might be to buy someone's Nintendo Network ID if they managed to purchase the full Pinball Arcade for the Switch from the eShop in the few hours before it was pulled (provided it remains full instead of being cancelled and the purchase price being refunded by Nintendo).

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
All I really want at this point is for cross-buy to work so my SPA Sterns work in TPA, and maybe WWF Royal Rumble and Apollo 13; exploring Data East/Sega history might not be a bad thing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
All I really want at this point is for cross-buy to work so my SPA Sterns work in TPA, and maybe WWF Royal Rumble and Apollo 13; exploring Data East/Sega history might not be a bad thing.

If it’s not working contact Farsight support.

RuySan

Nov 30, 2017
Couldn't they get The Sopranos and Game of Thrones in one pack? The HBO pack or something?

I don't know how popular the sopranos table is, but i enjoy it a lot.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Never saw the show but ive played the Game of Thrones table at least 30 times. I bet the instructions would be soooo long for GOT. Not one of my favorite tables at all but having it on TPA would get me to actually learn the entire rules. First time I played it was in a match against Bowen Kerins and he absolutley went nuts on the thing while telling me how to play it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Never saw the show but ive played the Game of Thrones table at least 30 times. I bet the instructions would be soooo long for GOT. Not one of my favorite tables at all but having it on TPA would get me to actually learn the entire rules. First time I played it was in a match against Bowen Kerins and he absolutley went nuts on the thing while telling me how to play it.

Cool of him to share his knowledge while crushing you. Gotta love that guy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Couldn't they get The Sopranos and Game of Thrones in one pack? The HBO pack or something?

I don't know how popular the sopranos table is, but i enjoy it a lot.

HBO is a subsidiary of Warner Bros, and from everything I've heard they are too pricey for FarSight to license from. I wouldn't put the chances at zero, but it's very slim.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I read Stern started to include digital versions rights in the licenses sometime around metallica/star trek (2013). GoT came out in 2015 but maybe it was excluded.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm sure it varies from table to table. Just because one company agrees to such a thing, doesn't mean another has to. And it's not like Stern is going to disclose details like that to us, so we'll never know exactly which tables they can grant FS the rights to and which ones they can't.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Well, things have been rather dull around TPA since the 30th of June :( I mean the tables we have are still fun but we got crickets now...

Looking at the younger companies like JJP, and that other one from my home state (is it Spooky?)...I am not sure why they would want to go digital, but that would be awesome if Farsight could get 'em.

And unless I missed (highly possible) something, we still don't really know what Scientific had in mind by pulling the licensing from FarSight.
I've noticed two things.

A Star trek table has made it to the pinball arcade app on iOS. I think it was a stern app exclusive.

Also in the iOS stern app, the AC/DC table exists, but without the sound and scoring display. The table itself still functions. Strange goings on.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.