So What Is The Holy Grail Now?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Since the license lose of Williams/Bally there is no chance of getting Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure which many considered to be the holy grail (after Addams Family surprisingly got a TPA release).

So what could people consider to be the holy grail table that FarSight could bring to TPA now.....

The Lord of the Rings
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Tron
Spider-Man

???

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Since the license lose of Williams/Bally there is no chance of getting Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure which many considered to be the holy grail (after Addams Family surprisingly got a TPA release).

So what could people consider to be the holy grail table that FarSight could bring to TPA now.....

The Lord of the Rings
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Tron
Spider-Man

???

LotR: Hard.
TSPP: Disney. No chance.
Tron: Disney. No chance unless Stern gets a Vault for this.
Spider-Man: Comics have a better chance than Toby McGuire. Zen has a digital table, though, so that's conflicting.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
There was no chance of getting WMS Indy even before the license loss, because of Disney. So if we're still going to pretend that Indy was actually attainable, then technically all of the Disney DE/Sega/Sterns are still on the table.

So if we're counting Disney stuff, it's TSPP.
Not counting Disney stuff, then probably LotR.
My personal grail: FarSight getting a Capcom license.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My two biggest wants that I believe we will never see would be Family Guy and Lord Of The Rings.
I dig both themes. Family Guy is super funny with a surprisingly fun mini playfield. I usually hate mini playfields.
LotR is another great theme. A super deep pin with really fun shots. I wish the art was better, but I can overlook it on a pin with such wonderful theme integration.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
For licensed tables I would like to see Jurassic Park(probably no chance) and Tales from the Crypt. Unlicensed tables I am hoping Abra Ca Dabra(EM) along with a ton of other EM's(World Fair, Cross Town, Bank Shot and Royal Flush etc.), bunch of Stern Electronics' tables I would love to see in TPA in Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb and Star Gazer(It's like Farsight forgot about this line after Flight 2000), Data East Time Machine and Laser War, Game Plan tables Andromeda and Cyclopes, finally, for Gottlieb I would like to see Joker Poker, Spirit, Robo-War, Alien Star, and Sinbad.

One current Stern table I would like to see show up when Farsight figures out how to do it is Batman 66.

Last edited:

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I'd love to see more of the rock themed Sterns. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Kiss, Elvis. I'd also be happy with Tommy or G&R if it's easier to port the older Data East tables.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
The way I see it, they should grab one of the top pinball table ratings, start at the top and pick the first table they can get the license for.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Dialed In might not happen until the tech gets more advanced for games like this.

But that's on my short list as well. It's that good.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I don't know, Zen's Aliens table is pretty damn good and at least has the full voice of the cast. But yes, please do JJP so I can play Dialed In to my heart's content.

Well, things have been rather dull around TPA since the 30th of June :( I mean the tables we have are still fun but we got crickets now...

Looking at the younger companies like JJP, and that other one from my home state (is it Spooky?)...I am not sure why they would want to go digital, but that would be awesome if Farsight could get 'em.

And unless I missed (highly possible) something, we still don't really know what Scientific had in mind by pulling the licensing from FarSight.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, things have been rather dull around TPA since the 30th of June :( I mean the tables we have are still fun but we got crickets now...

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie! are currently in the hands of Beta testers. Dunno what the projected release timeline is and I'm not even going to put out a guess, but there will be kinda exciting things coming soon!

dmil666

May 19, 2018

Looking at the younger companies like JJP, and that other one from my home state (is it Spooky?)...I am not sure why they would want to go digital, but that would be awesome if Farsight could get 'em.

And unless I missed (highly possible) something, we still don't really know what Scientific had in mind by pulling the licensing from FarSight.

Yep, it's been mighty dull on the TPA front as of late. I'm hoping for a bunch of new table announcements before too long.
As for Scientific, I think that you have to follow the money there to figure out what's going on. I'm not sharp enough to be able to do that, unfortunately.

Members online

Members online