So What Is The Holy Grail Now?

Jay

May 19, 2012
Looking at the younger companies like JJP, and that other one from my home state (is it Spooky?)...I am not sure why they would want to go digital, but that would be awesome if Farsight could get 'em.

That's what I was thinking as well. Jersey Jack has some great tables that are both hard to find and wicked expensive to own. A digital version would be great.

Even so, Gottlieb has an enormous catalog of great EM machines that TPA could recreate. I'd be thrilled with that alone.

For me, the real holy grail (and probably just as unattainable) would be an updating of the Mac version of TPA.

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
At this point, it seems the holy grail would be *any* update (bug fixes, new table, etc) from Farsight regarding TPA.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Nah, TPA is dead. Farsight wouldn't even fix the bugs or make any improvements while they were pumping out table after table, so there's no way they are going to support it now that they don't even have the license to sell the best tables.

I appreciate what they did for digital pinball, but things are in much better hands now with Zen.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Nah, TPA is dead. Farsight wouldn't even fix the bugs or make any improvements while they were pumping out table after table, so there's no way they are going to support it now that they don't even have the license to sell the best tables.

I appreciate what they did for digital pinball, but things are in much better hands now with Zen.

They promised to continue supporting TPA just to make us buy missing tables in hurry. No support/bugfix since then.

"However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection."
"So if you’ve ever been interested in owning these great tables, please purchase them now, before they disappear!"

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
They have been sinking all their effort into a Toyshock digital pinball toy. 12 Gottlieb tables. Even some questionable choices given the full range they had to choose from.

I'm in that Facebook forum, and the optimism these folks have about the possibilities for future tables from Stern being offered in a similar package is charming.

Highly unrealistic. But still, charming.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
They have been sinking all their effort into a Toyshock digital pinball toy. 12 Gottlieb tables. Even some questionable choices given the full range they had to choose from.

I'm in that Facebook forum, and the optimism these folks have about the possibilities for future tables from Stern being offered in a similar package is charming.

Highly unrealistic. But still, charming.

Wasn't licensed Stern in a pincab dismissed as a possibility by Stern themselves in relation to the Arcooda cabinets, or am I mis-remembering?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
since they lied about supporting these tables and never released anything new after them so were 100% full of crap... can't we class action get our money back? I mean I'm keeping my steam full set, not gonna part with that... but i feel like all the tables i re-bought a 3rd time (some 5th 360,android,ouya,pc,ps4) on ps4 in a rushed hurry was a waste of money and they all look jagged and bad and I was under the impression they would be somewhat fixed up.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Why beating a dead horse, Pete.
Someone here in the forum made the point that "you buy the tables for what they are, not what they might become". Otherwise you set yourself up for a big disappointment. And he was right! (At least at one point Farsight fixed "Black Knight" for the PS3.)

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
yeah im not at all serious. i just really want to charge in there with pitchforks and torches incoherently screaming about jaggies and demand they release some more stern 70s era tables.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
since they lied about supporting these tables and never released anything new after them so were 100% full of crap... can't we class action get our money back? I mean I'm keeping my steam full set, not gonna part with that... but i feel like all the tables i re-bought a 3rd time (some 5th 360,android,ouya,pc,ps4) on ps4 in a rushed hurry was a waste of money and they all look jagged and bad and I was under the impression they would be somewhat fixed up.

If I were the judge I'd dismiss your lawsuit on the grounds that you bought an Ouya.

Then I'd be promoted to the Supreme Court.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
I think the holy grail would be just getting the Williams license back in general

100%. Because Zen doesn't seem at all interested in tables that haven't been released already.

Completely wasting the Bally/Williams license, IMO.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
100%. Because Zen doesn't seem at all interested in tables that haven't been released already.

Out of curiosity, have you played any of them? Even if only Fish Tales, which is free?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017

well, owning all tables in both FX3 & TPA, I couldn't disagree more. I haven't touched TPA anymore after the release of the Williams tables in FX3. Booting TPA gives me a feeling of getting set back in time 10 years... I agree I'd also like to see some new new tables. Both unreleased real tables or ZEN Fantasy tables.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Out of curiosity, have you played any of them? Even if only Fish Tales, which is free?

I have, and it's fine. I don't have anything against FX3, per say. Just not radically different enough for me personally to invest in, when all of my other virtual tables I've spent money on are with The Pinball Arcade.

Now, if Zen starts adding new-to-digital stuff like SPECIAL FORCE... ROLLERGAMES... BLACKWATER 100... VECTOR... FIRE!... STRIKES & SPARES... EMBRYON... STRANGE SCIENCE... etc. (not to mention the more popular licensed stuff like Dirty Harry, etc) then, I'll 100% jump on board immediately.

I know Zen is probably like "Well, those tables are the most popular and are proven money-makers, and WE can do them better!" and that's fine, but they need to realize there are people like me out there who are perfectly fine still playing TPA because I really don't intend to re-purchase the tables I already own. Just can't afford to start all over. I'd even be happy if Zen split packs up into 1 new table/2 old, if that's what it took to get something new.

And one last thing... what about the Zen promise of doing new real tables with properties they already have the license for (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) That doesn't seem to have materialized either.

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I have, and it's fine. I don't have anything against FX3, per say. Just not radically different enough for me personally to invest in, when all of my other virtual tables I've spent money on are with The Pinball Arcade.

How many of the non-Williams FX3 tables have you got?

And one last thing... what about the Zen promise of doing new real tables with properties they already have the license for (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) That doesn't seem to have materialized either.

Its exceedingly likely that there will be something based on the latest Star Wars film - could be a single table, or it could be a pack of 2 or 3 tables. Seems that they are currently 1 table short of being able to do 2 versions of the Arcade1Up Star Wars cabinets.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.