So What Is The Holy Grail Now?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And one last thing... what about the Zen promise of doing new real tables with properties they already have the license for (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) That doesn't seem to have materialized either.

I don’t believe Zen has ever been in the habit of making promises. When you say “real tables”, are you talking about recreating the Stern machines? Or are you talking about them doing more Zen originals with those licenses? Because obviously they don’t have the Stern license (yet). They haven’t done a Marvel table in at least 2 years, but I’d be real surprised if we’ve seen the last of Star Wars, specifically a Rise of Skywalker table.

I completely understand the not wanting to double dip point of view. As someone who rode Laserdisc to its dying breath instead of switching to DVD long after I should have, I truly get it. I also know once I switched, it was real hard to watch and be satisfied with LD quality anymore.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I wonder what his opinion is about Digital Pinball now his factory is shut and no one can play his machines on location...
He's never been against digital pinball itself. Just the pincab side of it.

Many barcades (especially the ones with an upfront fee for free play ones) have been investing in pincabs over new real machines lately. At least, the ones I've been visiting. The last thing Gary wants are day-to-date digital Stern tables competing with the real machines. I can see the concern to a certain extent. It doesn't take much for businesses to switch over to alternatives/substitutes, especially if it's cost effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.