Patch 1.28 NA and 1.29 EU

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
Tom, there is a bug in jackbot where you can't play with more than 2 players. I tried to select 3 players, but in game it only shows up as 2 players. Not sure if this is happing oi other tables. Hope it gets fixed!
Disregard my last post. It does work now. Just had to restart the player select a few times. It must have been a minor glitch. All is well for now.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I guess it should be mentioned that Scared Stiff's sound is still sped up. Seems to affect all sounds on the table.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I can confirm the audio for Gorgar is horrible again. Scratching and crackling sounds all the time.

Damn you Auto Update... :(

Listen How it sounded before: Via spoonman

How it sounds now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTdERkcK4I

Tom, seems like this patch broke the audio fix from many builds ago. Funhouse has cracking and popping as well.

This is depressing, because this bug was a major pain for most PS4 users.

The audio bugs were fixed in version 1.14(15). We've time traveled to 2016!

Hopefully they have saved their notes on how they fixed this the first time and can apply it here.
It's very noticeable with headphones, which is how I've always played this.

It also seemed to have taken years to fix.. So its sad to see (hear) it pop up yet again after being fixed.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can confirm that cross purchasing is working in NA as of 08/21/18. I had purchased Bundle Packs 1 & 2 on SPA and was able to download Stern Table Packs 1 & 2 on TPA for free.

• When you launch The Piinball Arcade from the PS4 home screen, the Williams/Bally legal information splash screen is still displayed before the game launches.

• Room Brightness slider does not work on AC/DC.

• Bulb Brightness slider does not work on AC/DC, Mustang or Star Trek.

• Room Brightness on AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek needs to be as dark as Ghostbusters when set to 0%.

• Playfield reflection needs to be removed from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Taxi, Tee'd Off, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Theatre of Magic, Whirlwind and WHO dunnit.

• Ghostbusters' music on the table select screen is louder than the rest of the table's music.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Speaking of the table select screen, Star Trek: The Next generation and Star Trek Vengence Premium are both titled as "Star Trek," which is kind of weird. Also, Big Hurt should be changed to Frank Thomas' Big Hurt to fit in with the rest of the Fs.

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
That's what Sony is telling me. I did have to tell them after that email that they needed to add crossbuy for ACDC as well, so I'm hoping that ACDC comes out with everything on the 21st.

Just Checked, and none of the tables are free/cross bought so far. (NL store, Europe)
Got the following tables on the Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang. Bought all the ltd editions as well for these tables on SPA.
Bought the tables individually as I already owned the other ones on TPA.

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
Just Checked, and none of the tables are free/cross bought so far. (NL store, Europe)
Got the following tables on the Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang. Bought all the ltd editions as well for these tables on SPA.
Bought the tables individually as I already owned the other ones on TPA.

Yeah i keep checking too, nothing seems to have changed yet. Have had 1.29 update but nothing seems different. Tom says in one of his posts that europes coming soon, was that the 1.29 update? if not we must still be waiting. Also wondering about ghostbusters table too. That one hasnt been mentioned.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the quick turnaround on 1.29 guys - all tables owned and got to play Mustang!

Tsakalos

May 25, 2018
shogun00, I mean that after the previous patch, some one mentioned that they lost the glow-balls.
And others suggested restoring licenses as a solution.

Last edited:

Zabu

Feb 5, 2013
The only issue with Glowballs I ever had was that they'd only show up if you were pushing right to go through the list, they'd get skipped if you pushed left, but but was fixed a while back.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I just checked, and I can confirm I lost the glow balls, the eyeball, FarSight bowling balls, Dr. Who, and the Stern balls. If you selected a glow ball for a table prior to the latest update, you still have it, but once you select another (custom) ball, the glow ball goes away and isn't in the menu. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed by the next table update.

Mar 9, 2012
I just checked, and I can confirm I lost the glow balls, the eyeball, FarSight bowling balls, Dr. Who, and the Stern balls. If you selected a glow ball for a table prior to the latest update, you still have it, but once you select another (custom) ball, the glow ball goes away and isn't in the menu. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed by the next table update.

I don't have this issue at all but I only own the glow balls.. I loaded a few tables that i knew i had glow balls set and switched to another custom (non glow ball) and played a game and went back and the glow balls were still showing for me

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm not sure how many custom balls there are supposed to be, and I never did the kickstarter that got you the eyeball, so I don't have that, but I bought all the ball packs. I counted 83 of them (that includes the standard chrome ball) in my collection with Addams Family loaded. Does that sound like the right amount?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that this was a very small download (instead of the multi-gig downloads we are used to), after which you see the PS4 spending a lot of time "Copying..." then installing the update as usual?

Is this a new method [MENTION=1214]Tom[/MENTION]Devaney to keep downloads small and just copying unchanged content from the previous installation?

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Only Star Trek & Mustang are in the store.

AC/DC & Ghostbusters nowhere to be found...

FB459ya.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.