Patch 1.28 NA and 1.29 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey everyone. Haven't been on here in a while as I've been spending the majority of my time getting Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter ready. This patch has actually been ready for a couple weeks, but I wanted to get cross buy working between Stern Pinball Arcade and TPA, so they had to push back the date. And it seems like while some of it got pushed back, others didn't. So that's why Mustang came out so early. But the good news is that America should have cross buy support between TPA and Stern. I am currently working with Europe to make sure that Europe gets it soon as well. Here are what should be cross buy with eachother.

• If you own Mustang in Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4), you will be eligible to purchase Mustang in The Pinball Arcade (PS4) for free
  • If you own Star Trek in Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4), you will be eligible to purchase Star Trek in The Pinball Arcade (PS4) for free
  • If you own ACDC in Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4), you will be eligible to purchase ACDC in The Pinball Arcade (PS4) for free
  • If you own Table Pack 1 in Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4), you will be eligible to purchase Stern Pack 1 in The Pinball Arcade (PS4) for free
  • If you own Stern Pack 2 in Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4), you will be eligible to purchase Stern Pack 2 in The Pinball Arcade (PS4) for free

I just deployed publishing the patches at the time of writing this, but given this took me some time to write, they are actually out now. I'm finalizing some things in regards to the Season 2 patch, but that will be out in a couple of hours. Sorry for the delay. With all the meta data updates that pushed back the release dates, I completely forgot to deploy the patches!

As for the patches, they're pretty slim. Mainly, the big thing was getting in the new tables.

Patch 1.28
Features Added:
- Mustang, Star Trek, and AC/DC can now be bought individually

Bugs Fixed:
- Fixed localization issues for French, Italian, German, and Spanish
- Fixed main menu button graphics
- French (Canada) now displays French instead of English

I haven't been keeping up on any bugs on the forum lately, so if there are any let me know. I seen something in regards to the lighting being blown out in the new Stern's. If that's still true, be sure to tell me.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After installing the update, cross buy still doesn't seem to be working in North America, at least for Stern Pinball Arcade table packs 1 and 2. It still wants me to buy them for $20 in Pinball Arcade.

Also, I don't have access to the Eyeball, but that wasn't in the patch notes, so maybe it was left out intentionally?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Is a patch required for Stern Pinball Arcade as well for the cross buy feature to work? I own all tables on SPA (purchased Bundle Pack 1 and Bundle Pack 2) but I'm still being asked to purchase AC/DC, Mustang, Star Trek, Stern Pack 1 and Stern Pack 2 on TPA. I have the digital versions of both SPA and TPA installed.

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
After installing the update, cross buy still doesn't seem to be working in North America, at least for Stern Pinball Arcade table packs 1 and 2. It still wants me to buy them for $20 in Pinball Arcade.

Also, I don't have access to the Eyeball, but that wasn't in the patch notes, so maybe it was left out intentionally?

The eyeball should be there. It should be right after the Klingon ball. Are you connected to the internet? As it is a server unlock.

PiN WiZ said:
Is a patch required for Stern Pinball Arcade as well for the cross buy feature to work? I own all tables on SPA (purchased Bundle Pack 1 and Bundle Pack 2) but I'm still being asked to purchase AC/DC, Mustang, Star Trek, Stern Pack 1 and Stern Pack 2 on TPA. I have the digital versions of both SPA and TPA installed.

So basically all I had to do was tell Sony what entitlements to give based on entitlements owned. The logic of this should be done through the store where it looks at what you own then it gives you certain things based off of that. No patches are required for this for either TPA or SPA.

Also, I just noticed this in an email. I thought the cross buy would come out with the table packs, but it looks like they should come out August 21st. So hold off on buying stuff for a few more days.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The eyeball should be there. It should be right after the Klingon ball. Are you connected to the internet? As it is a server unlock.

So basically all I had to do was tell Sony what entitlements to give based on entitlements owned. The logic of this should be done through the store where it looks at what you own then it gives you certain things based off of that. No patches are required for this for either TPA or SPA.

Also, I just noticed this in an email. I thought the cross buy would come out with the table packs, but it looks like they should come out August 21st. So hold off on buying stuff for a few more days.

So cross buy between SPA and TPA should being working after August 21st...correct?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
So cross buy between SPA and TPA should being working after August 21st...correct?

That's what Sony is telling me. I did have to tell them after that email that they needed to add crossbuy for ACDC as well, so I'm hoping that ACDC comes out with everything on the 21st.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks Tom...will check it next week then.

ETA on when Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie will arrive on PS4?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks Tom...will check it next week then.

ETA on when Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie will arrive on PS4?

When I'm not working on BH or WN, I'm porting them to the PS4. So I'd hope that I could get these out on PS4 the same time as PC. In regards to PC, we are entering the beta stage this week, so we should be putting out a build for our beta testers soon.

Mar 9, 2012
When I'm not working on BH or WN, I'm porting them to the PS4. So I'd hope that I could get these out on PS4 the same time as PC. In regards to PC, we are entering the beta stage this week, so we should be putting out a build for our beta testers soon.

Awesome news Tom.. need something to new to play :)

Any News when the website will finally show PS4 stats for tournaments?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

So, I tried it again, selecting a table immediately, and it was there. However, if I leave the game I selected and pick another one, or if I take too long choosing the first table, it is gone.

I don't think this is something on my end. Can anyone else with the eyeball confirm?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
A few bugs I've noticed...

The lighting sliders have no effect on AC/DC.

Also, music no longer seems to play during when the table is being shown off before you start your game. I'm not sure if this was intentional.

Another thing I noticed was with the sound on Gorgar. It seems to have reverted back to being scratchy sounding again.
This was a problem which was present day one, and then about 3 years later, it was fixed. Perhaps it's not as bad as it was back then. I really don't remember since it was so long ago.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTdERkcK4I

And finally, it seems like the high pitched audio in Scared Stiff is still there as well.

Last edited:

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Doctor Who Masters of Time is listed on the menu as Dr Who Masters of Time. You should never shorten it to Dr, the BBC hates that, we got in trouble with them for doing that on one of our licenses at work.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I can confirm the audio for Gorgar is horrible again. Scratching and crackling sounds all the time.

Damn you Auto Update... :(

Listen How it sounded before: Via spoonman

How it sounds now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTdERkcK4I

Tom, seems like this patch broke the audio fix from many builds ago. Funhouse has cracking and popping as well.

This is depressing, because this bug was a major pain for most PS4 users.

The audio bugs were fixed in version 1.14(15). We've time traveled to 2016!

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I can also confirm the popping and cracking sounds are back in F-14 Tomcat. Definitely not a game to play with headphones on.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Hmm.....I'm not hearing any sound difference myself, and Gorgar, F-14 Tomcat and Funhouse are tables I play a lot....and I almost always play with headphones, though they are bluetooth directly from the TV itself and not the PS4. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled, if that matters.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed that the patch didn't fix the brightness issues on the newest Stern tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can confirm the popping sound as well when you hit the pop bumpers and spinner on Gorgar.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Interesting! While Gorgar's sound got worse, High Speed's sound has improved. The sound cutoffs are now gone. However, some sound effects are still sped up, such as the EOB score tally.

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
Tom, there is a bug in jackbot where you can't play with more than 2 players. I tried to select 3 players, but in game it only shows up as 2 players. Not sure if this is happing oi other tables. Hope it gets fixed!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.