Star Wars Pinball Solo Pack (3 tables)

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
It's definitely easier to save a ball from an outlane drain now, but it's currently behaving like most of the other Zen tables do, so I can believe this may have been how the designer wanted the table to behave all along. If they were just giving into pressure to make it easier, however, that gives me concerns for the Williams tables to receive a swift downgrade in difficulty after release.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Anyone know if the update for iOS will be a store update or an internal patch that just requires
us to update the table in app?

I think the issue (from other table layouts) was the "low-ceiling" clearance above the left outlane, once the slings shot it over there it was a very low chance of a ball save with a nudge.

I had 500 left outline drains (went a little overboard playing trying to reclaim the top leaderboard score on mobile)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I don't think they ever made Bob's Burgers easier, that table is still pretty outlane-drainy (especially on the left outlane, same as Calrissian was on launch). I remember Dr. Strange having hungrier-than-average outlanes too, although that may have been adjusted since the last time I spent significant time on it.

In general I don't think it's a problem for Zen to tweak if, as suggested, the draininess was not intended by the table designer and was a result of some last-minute tuning prior to initial release. But you're right, it's a bit of a concern that they may be pressured to adjust the real life tables, which in general are WAY drainier than Zen tables, and we don't want to lose this, it's part of what makes real pinball so frustrating and fun and adrenaline-inducing.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Good call on pirates, that's a really rich theme to dig into. Racing, I guess I was lumping V12 into that and more just thinking 'cars'. Disasters, I agree, but that's pretty much a Pat Lawlor trope, no? Do we have a magic themed table? I really think if there's one license Zen should go after hard, it's Harry Potter. You could so easily have a whole table just based on Quiditch alone. Fantastic Beasts has a new movie coming this November, so it's still timely too. Plus, that will get Zen having a conversation with Warner Bros which would open up a whole slew of properties (though they wouldn't be allowed to do DC since they do Marvel).

Enough Harry Potter to slightly whet the appetite, but no more than that!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-may-20th-2019/

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.