Star Wars Pinball Solo Pack (3 tables)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Looks like Solo: A Star Wars Story is coming?

DkkH1pcW4AAwWz5.jpg:large

Mods: Change the title once they officially reveal the game?

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
More cartoon tables would be awesome... since Zen has been working with Universal lately they could also make Minions, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, or other Dreamworks franchises.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I was hoping they do Universal monster tables for Halloween. It doesn't seem like the hardest license to get since it was one of the first licenses Farsight got. But with a Star Wars table coming soon, I feel like there is less of a chance of a Halloween table.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
If I could have my pick for a cartoon based table it would have to be Avatar: The Last Airbender.

New pic up that seems to confirm a 2nd table, probably a Millennium Falcon table. So that makes three tables now rotating around Han Solo. I don't necessarily mind them mining Star Wars endlessly for tables, but I wish they'd stop dropping two tables on the same movie every time one comes out. How about tables for the prequel films, like them or not they at least have a different style. Or go deeper and do a Knights of the Old Republic table, a Doctor Aphra table (It would be like Indiana Jones without having to bother with the extra license), heck, even a Star Tours table would be a lot of fun.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Make that table too dark to see anything but silouettes and you’ve got a perfect match for the movie.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Via Twitter:

Zen Studios
@zen_studios

6 Min.
Landing in our galaxy soon, Star Wars Pinball: Solo Pack smuggles three new tables - inspired by the film and beyond - to Zen Studios pinball platforms on consoles, mobile and PC. Coming September 12

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the official press release that came into our BlahCade email this morning...

San Francisco, CA – August 20, 2018 – You might wanna buckle up, baby. Zen Studios has announced a pack of three new Pinball FX3 tables inspired by Solo: A Star Wars Story™. Landing in our galaxy on September 12, just days before the film’s home entertainment release, Star Wars™ Pinball: Solo Pack includes new digital tables inspired by the film itself and beyond. The pack will be available for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Windows 10, while the Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball apps will host each table individually on the App Store, Google Play, and Mac.

Star Wars™ Pinball: Solo – It’s the digital pinball table that—for the first time ever in a video game—makes the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs (if you round down). Exciting 3D character and vehicle models roar to life as you relive all your favorite movie scenes from Solo: A Star Wars Story, from the grand Conveyex shipment heist, the speeder chase and piloting the Millennium Falcon, to meeting familiar faces like Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca.

Star Wars™ Pinball: Calrissian Chronicles – Hello, what have we here? Live Lando's life, from smooth-talking smuggler to Rebel hero who helped destroy the second Death Star. Missions in this table not only base themselves on iconic Lando movie moments, but also on his memorable appearances in Star Wars Rebels™ and Marvel's Star Wars™ Lando (2015) comic book. More than 15 of Lando's enemies enter the fray, as well, not to be outdone by team-ups with the likes of Lobot and Han Solo. Unless, of course, sabacc cards are involved—then it’s time to compete directly with Han… “fair and square.”

Star Wars™ Pinball: Battle of Mimban – For the glory of the Empire! Deploy an Imperial army and lead it to victory against the fierce inhabitants of the planet Mimban. There will be no deserters in this rendition of the battle brought to life in Solo: A Star Wars Story where Han Solo met Beckett. And if there are? Feed them to “the beast” in the pit! Then, unleash devastating AT-DT attacks, take on enemy troops on an action-packed mini playfield, dirty things up further with a Mudball Multi-ball and more.

“Solo: A Star Wars Story was a fantastic new entry to the Star Wars™ saga, and we’re happy to offer a variety of new tables for fans to enjoy in celebration of the film’s home release,” says Mel Kirk, VP of Publishing at Zen Studios. “Between Solo, Battle of Mimban and—my personal favorite—Calrissian Chronicles, you’re getting three very distinct pinball experiences in this pack. If you’ve never played Pinball FX3, which will include close to 20 critically acclaimed Star Wars-themed tables with the release of the Solo Pack, this is a great place to start. To paraphrase Lando, everything…you’ve heard about Star Wars Pinball…is true.”

For more information on Star Wars Pinball: Solo Pack, as well as the rest of Zen’s library of digital titles, please visit ZenStudios.com or StarWarsPinball.com.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't mind Zen mining each movie for multiple tables. Just look what it says about the Lando table, that it's based on multiple sources of material. And then that Battle of Mimban essentially gives them license to do whatever they want for a sequence that lasted maybe 10 minutes in the movie. At the end of the day I look at it like this; Zen has produced nearly 20 unique Star Wars tables over the course of 6(?) years while in the real world there's been less than a hand full in 35 years and they are all covering the exact same 3 movies.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I don't mind Zen mining each movie for multiple tables. Just look what it says about the Lando table, that it's based on multiple sources of material. And then that Battle of Mimban essentially gives them license to do whatever they want for a sequence that lasted maybe 10 minutes in the movie. At the end of the day I look at it like this; Zen has produced nearly 20 unique Star Wars tables over the course of 6(?) years while in the real world there's been less than a hand full in 35 years and they are all covering the exact same 3 movies.

It's a better spread of theme than I was expecting, I was worried it would be more like the Last Jedi pack which was stretching with the Ach-to Island table. I like the idea of a Battle of Mimban table more than I would a Kessel table for example, as well as doing a more general Lando table rather than a Millenium Falcon table. Glad to see they can mine the comics for material, there's some good stuff there, though I've never read the Lando miniseries. Sounds interesting, especially with the recent drought. I'm looking forward to this and Big Buck Hunter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like the idea of the Lando table. A character I don't know a ton about. So maybe it will feel a little fresher to me.
I'm sure they will all look and play well like all Zen pins. The question is - How much will I really play them? Probably a handful of times, then forget about them. For some reason this has been my habit with Zen pinball the last year or two. Not really sure why. It's not that I hate playing them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I like the idea of the Lando table. A character I don't know a ton about. So maybe it will feel a little fresher to me.
I'm sure they will all look and play well like all Zen pins. The question is - How much will I really play them? Probably a handful of times, then forget about them. For some reason this has been my habit with Zen pinball the last year or two. Not really sure why. It's not that I hate playing them.

Have you joined in on any of my weekly Zen tournaments? Playing one every week has really gotten me to revisit others with more frequency, which in turn gives me more of a connection to them. I think that's the biggest issue Zen faces, not having that nostalgia factor. There's a surprising number of TPA tables I've played only a handful of times before realizing other than the name, I had no real connection from the past with them. And I stopped playing them just as I would certain Zen tables. Playing weekly has really affected my mind set though, as competition creates the connection I had with real tables, so give it a try. I post new tourneys almost every Monday afternoon, just search 'shutyertrap' and you'll find it. Lots of players from the forum join in too.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I was hoping they do Universal monster tables for Halloween. It doesn't seem like the hardest license to get since it was one of the first licenses Farsight got. But with a Star Wars table coming soon, I feel like there is less of a chance of a Halloween table.

Gorgar, this is a seriously great idea. Keep it with the noir feel of the oldies too. Keep it real.

Well, these tables look to be up the the great standards of Zen Studios. But, I have to say, I am so burned out on Star Wars that I didn't even see this film. The Universal classics and Jurassic were good stuff, but the best FX 3 releases truly are SOZ and Adventureland... their own designs. I sound like a broken record on this. I know they feel the need to put alot of effort into their licenses, but frankly, any more Star Wars tables are probably going to diminish the awesomeness of all the tables you guys have made with the Star Wars theme already. I loved LAst Jedi and the Island tables, but it's gonna take a pretty good sale for me to get any more SW. Put out some more original ones. We got the great Castlestorm and Wild West years ago, and after a long wait, we got the amazing Zues and Adventureland. And in the interim of all this time, a zillion licenses. Zzzzzz

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Gorgar, this is a seriously great idea. Keep it with the noir feel of the oldies too. Keep it real.

I know they feel the need to put alot of effort into their licenses, but frankly, any more Star Wars tables are probably going to diminish the awesomeness of all the tables you guys have made with the Star Wars theme already. I loved LAst Jedi and the Island tables, but it's gonna take a pretty good sale for me to get any more SW. Put out some more original ones. We got the great Castlestorm and Wild West years ago, and after a long wait, we got the amazing Zues and Adventureland. And in the interim of all this time, a zillion licenses. Zzzzzz

I don't know anything about Zen's licensing agreement for Star Wars, but there is this to consider; they might have to show an active use of the license or risk losing it. Think about Fox and Sony with their respective Marvel licenses for X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman. The reason for the reboots or movies you may have been scratching your head over why they even bothered, the answer is that they had to put out a movie every few years or the license would revert back to Marvel Studios. Often the case with licensing is that you can't purchase it and then sit on it. Some would do that for the express purpose of not letting their competitors have a chance to do anything with it. So often a clause gets put in that demands you are actively developing the license.

Again, no idea if that is the case with Zen, but it's something to consider. And I agree that SOZ is one of the best tables they've put out. If Zen wants to be like all other pinball designers, I'd say it's time they came out with a poker themed table! They've already covered sci-fi, westerns, medieval, supernatural, historical, and creatures. What other pinball tropes are left?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
This and/or the Star Wars tables really sell good. I think there are a lot of players who discover the game after release of a movie just because they look at app stores to see, what kind of cool games there are about the movie they just saw. I don't know any numbers but I can imagine there is a big group within the customer base, who just buy based on a particular franchise or even one movie. Some might then discover older titles and get interested in them.

Members online

Members online