Restore save data not working properly

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
The restore save data isn’t working properly, it’s only reloading progress where I was at a number of months ago. SO this means if I complete many wizard goals, backup the data remotely, then restore save data... it loads from an earlier save state losing the most resent save.

Has. Anyone else had this problem? And what is the solution?

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Correct, it's happening on iOS... Essentially it's like the remote backup and restore is frozen in time from a number of months ago. Where does the remote backup save? And how do you do a local backup on iOS?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Sorry, can't help you with that, but I'm moving this thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Correct, it's happening on iOS... Essentially it's like the remote backup and restore is frozen in time from a number of months ago. Where does the remote backup save? And how do you do a local backup on iOS?

I emailed Farsight support and they said the remote backup is saved locally, which makes no sense.

cjchand

May 14, 2018

I emailed Farsight support and they said the remote backup is saved locally, which makes no sense.

It's stored on a server under someone's desk, so it's local to them ;)

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I've been getting a server error or certificate expired (or something to that effect) for a few days now when TPA is started after being shut down. Something's up with Farsight's data backup server. Maybe somebody needs to restart the thing...:rolleyes:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I lost my challenges progress on ios, with latest update and restore.
Saved the data remote with the previous tpa version, updated from appstore and restored purchases and data on the new version.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I just received a letter from FarSight saying that there is nothing they can do about:

"We are very sorry for all of the trouble. We currently do not have any way to manually retrieve your save data."

So, there you have it.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
This still hasn't been fixed for me, has anyone else had luck with Farsight fixing the problem?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hey everyone,

Is anyone still having an issue with restoring there save data? If so:

How are you backing up your save data?

How are you restoring your save data?

What happens after restoring your save data?

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Hey everyone,

Is anyone still having an issue with restoring there save data? If so:

How are you backing up your save data?

How are you restoring your save data?

What happens after restoring your save data?

It still doesn’t work for me.

On my old ipad I choose “back up save data” to remote.

Then, on the new ipad, I select “restore save data” from remote.

It doesn’t work.

Trying to save the data to local is useless as well because the game gives absolutely no information as to how its done, or where the save files are going.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It still doesn’t work for me.

On my old ipad I choose “back up save data” to remote.

Then, on the new ipad, I select “restore save data” from remote.

It doesn’t work.

Trying to save the data to local is useless as well because the game gives absolutely no information as to how its done, or where the save files are going.

And you are signed in with the same Farsight account correct?

Which type of devices are you using?

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Yes, the same account.

My old ipad is the first one with the retina display (4th generation?). It’s running ios 10.

My new one is the 2018 standard model, running ios 12.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.