Results 1 to 24 of 24

  Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Restore save data not working properly

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Restore save data not working properly

    The restore save data isn’t working properly, it’s only reloading progress where I was at a number of months ago. SO this means if I complete many wizard goals, backup the data remotely, then restore save data... it loads from an earlier save state losing the most resent save.

    Has. Anyone else had this problem? And what is the solution?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    50
    My Devices
    IPad (2018) (ios 12.3.1)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem for me as well. No idea what the solution is, but I'd like it to be fixed.

  3. #3
    Moderator Xanija's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,316
    My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC, Switch
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this on iOS?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, it's happening on iOS... Essentially it's like the remote backup and restore is frozen in time from a number of months ago. Where does the remote backup save? And how do you do a local backup on iOS?

  5. #5
    Moderator Xanija's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,316
    My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC, Switch
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, can't help you with that, but I'm moving this thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, it's happening on iOS... Essentially it's like the remote backup and restore is frozen in time from a number of months ago. Where does the remote backup save? And how do you do a local backup on iOS?

    I emailed Farsight support and they said the remote backup is saved locally, which makes no sense.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    43
    My Devices
    PS4, PS Vita, PC, Xbox One, iPad, iPhone, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjb View Post
    Correct, it's happening on iOS... Essentially it's like the remote backup and restore is frozen in time from a number of months ago. Where does the remote backup save? And how do you do a local backup on iOS?

    I emailed Farsight support and they said the remote backup is saved locally, which makes no sense.
    It's stored on a server under someone's desk, so it's local to them

  8. #8
    Senior Member MadScience2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    732
    My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (iOS 12.2), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting a server error or certificate expired (or something to that effect) for a few days now when TPA is started after being shut down. Something's up with Farsight's data backup server. Maybe somebody needs to restart the thing...

  9.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #9
    FarSight Employee FarSight_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Big Bear Lake, CA
    Posts
    222
    My Devices
    Pixel, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has its own room, and its own desk...

  10. #10
    Senior Member MadScience2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    732
    My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (iOS 12.2), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarSight_Matt View Post
    It has its own room, and its own desk...
    Well, if it's under the desk, give it a kick, will ya?

  11.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #11
    FarSight Employee FarSight_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Big Bear Lake, CA
    Posts
    222
    My Devices
    Pixel, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it's got its own desk, but it's not under it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member 9u1d0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    310
    My Devices
    iPad Air, PS4, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost my challenges progress on ios, with latest update and restore.
    Saved the data remote with the previous tpa version, updated from appstore and restored purchases and data on the new version.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    50
    My Devices
    IPad (2018) (ios 12.3.1)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received a letter from FarSight saying that there is nothing they can do about:

    "We are very sorry for all of the trouble. We currently do not have any way to manually retrieve your save data."

    So, there you have it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarSight_Matt View Post
    Nah, it's got its own desk, but it's not under it.
    So how do we do a backup and restore moving forward, especially when we migrate to a new device?

  15.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #15
    FarSight Employee FarSight_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Big Bear Lake, CA
    Posts
    222
    My Devices
    Pixel, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjb View Post
    So how do we do a backup and restore moving forward, especially when we migrate to a new device?
    I have no idea, I just do art.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This still hasn't been fixed for me, has anyone else had luck with Farsight fixing the problem?

  17.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #17
    FarSight Employee
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Big Bear
    Posts
    2,629
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

    Is anyone still having an issue with restoring there save data? If so:

    How are you backing up your save data?

    How are you restoring your save data?

    What happens after restoring your save data?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    50
    My Devices
    IPad (2018) (ios 12.3.1)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyFloppy View Post
    Hey everyone,

    Is anyone still having an issue with restoring there save data? If so:

    How are you backing up your save data?

    How are you restoring your save data?

    What happens after restoring your save data?
    It still doesn’t work for me.

    On my old ipad I choose “back up save data” to remote.

    Then, on the new ipad, I select “restore save data” from remote.

    It doesn’t work.

    Trying to save the data to local is useless as well because the game gives absolutely no information as to how its done, or where the save files are going.

  19.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #19
    FarSight Employee
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Big Bear
    Posts
    2,629
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    It still doesn’t work for me.

    On my old ipad I choose “back up save data” to remote.

    Then, on the new ipad, I select “restore save data” from remote.

    It doesn’t work.

    Trying to save the data to local is useless as well because the game gives absolutely no information as to how its done, or where the save files are going.
    And you are signed in with the same Farsight account correct?

    Which type of devices are you using?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    50
    My Devices
    IPad (2018) (ios 12.3.1)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the same account.

    My old ipad is the first one with the retina display (4th generation?). It’s running ios 10.

    My new one is the 2018 standard model, running ios 12.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyFloppy View Post
    And you are signed in with the same Farsight account correct?

    Which type of devices are you using?
    I’m also continuing to have problems. It doesn’t work. I try updating remotely and then restoring remotely, and it reverts to an older save point from sometime last year, not my most recent. I’m logged in with my Farsight account.

    I notice it takes a minute or so to back up, and only about a second to ‘restore’ even though it doesn’t restore (in case that provides insight).

  22.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #22
    FarSight Employee
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Big Bear
    Posts
    2,629
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjb View Post
    I’m also continuing to have problems. It doesn’t work. I try updating remotely and then restoring remotely, and it reverts to an older save point from sometime last year, not my most recent. I’m logged in with my Farsight account.

    I notice it takes a minute or so to back up, and only about a second to ‘restore’ even though it doesn’t restore (in case that provides insight).
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Yes, the same account.

    My old ipad is the first one with the retina display (4th generation?). It’s running ios 10.

    My new one is the 2018 standard model, running ios 12.
    Can you both send me a message with your FarSight User ID. I'm asking the team to look closer into the remote data that's being saved. We've tried it on our devices here and haven't had any issues with restoring data remotely on multiple devices.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133
    My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyFloppy View Post
    Can you both send me a message with your FarSight User ID. I'm asking the team to look closer into the remote data that's being saved. We've tried it on our devices here and haven't had any issues with restoring data remotely on multiple devices.
    Thanks FlippyFloppy, I’ve sent you a PM with details.

  24.   This is the last FarSight post in this thread.   #24
    FarSight Employee
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Big Bear
    Posts
    2,629
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjb View Post
    Thanks FlippyFloppy, I’ve sent you a PM with details.
    I'll let you both know what we come up with when we do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •