Question on cross-buy between newer Stern tables (ps4)

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
Does it work both ways between Stern Pinball Arcade and The Pinball Arcade (meaning I can purchase in either and play on the other)?

I had Mustang in Stern Pinball Arcade (through a giveaway here when it came out!) and noticed today I could buy it for free in TPA. Awesome.

So I am ready to purchase AC/DC. What is most important is that I can play it in TPA where I own basically all of the tables.

Since, I know the Stern—> TPA crossbuyworks, Should I buy it in Stern and the transfer over and hope it works like Mustang. Or can I buy it in TPA and transfer the other way in case I like Stern lighting better.

Thanks!

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

No it doesn't.

At the moment, even SPA tables purchased on PS4 are not unlocking in TPA. You need to be careful as Farsight/PSN still allows you to buy tables and custom balls that you already own. It's messy.

The other thing of note, is that the limited edition tables in SPA are not available in TPA (list below) - I don't how many people have updgraded as Farsight makes you buy tables you don't want in order to be able to purchase the limited edition tables.

AC/DC Back in Black Limited Edition
AC/DC Let There Be Rock Limited Edition
Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition
Mustang Limited Edition “50 Years”
Ghostbusters Limited Edition

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I have both LE packs in SPA, as you know the table select is completely different there: you pick a table Premium Edition first, then you can pick a Limited Edition from there. That's not available in TPA where they'd have to add them as separate tables.

Since I bought the SPA tables as packs when they came out, and held off purchasing them in TPA until cross-buy was working, I have no issues playing the Premium Editions in TPA. I'm pretty sure I just went in to the PlayStation Store app, searched STERN and was able to 'download' the packs right away, then starting TPA and they were just there. I'm in the North American PlayStation Store.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
The other thing of note, is that the limited edition tables in SPA are not available in TPA (list below) - I don't how many people have updgraded as Farsight makes you buy tables you don't want in order to be able to purchase the limited edition tables.

Mustang Limited Edition “50 Years”
Ghostbusters Limited Edition

Are these LE variations even still available for SPA on PS4? The LE upgrades aren't listed on PSN and the individual upgrades won't let you purchase in-game.

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
Are these LE variations even still available for SPA on PS4? The LE upgrades aren't listed on PSN and the individual upgrades won't let you purchase in-game.

Yes, they are.

So as I mentioned, the LE upgrades are sold in packs and listed on PSN. The problem is you can't purchase upgrade packs for individual tables. What do I mean by that?

So I purchased the AC/DC Premium table for SPA and wanted to also purchase the "AC/DC Back in Black Limited Edition" and "AC/DC Let There Be Rock Limited Edition tables". The only way for me to do this is by first purchasing the "Star Trek Vengeance Premium table."
Once I have purchased this table, only then can I buy the "Limited Edition add-on pack 1" which unlocks the following tables:

Unfortunately, this means that Farsight forces you into buying and spending money on tables you don't want in order to get the tables you do want. They really need to sort this out. The whole experience blows.

I hope this makes sense. None of the Limited edition tables are available in TPA.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Looks like availability of the SPA LEs depends on region? See them on the Australian PSN, but they're not available on the US PSN.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.