• Score Reels

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey guys, we need your help with feedback on what you think should be used on the HUD for Whoa Nellie...DMD or Score Reels. We have a very short amount of time to make our case for the communities preference so please vote asap. Thanks.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I picked score reels because, duh, it's an EM and needs that flavor! Plus I hate how FarSight has been using the version of DMD that doesn't have dots but instead blends it all together.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Score reels because, well, isn’t that what the actual machine uses? I thought Farsight was trying to make these tables as accurate as possible.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I'm not even sure why a DMD would be necessary if it would only be showing the score anyway. Reels.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
WN is an SS table with an MPU for scoring but it does have EM reels for score displaying. This is true of the Stern version and 3 of the 4 WhizBang tables (one of them is pure EM).

So score reels, because they're authentic.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am actually pretty curious to see an explanation from one of the three people that voted for the DMD...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
so mentioned this in the blahcade thread
the whoa nellie / can crusher machines actually have a small LCD in the lover left apron of the machine (near where the rules card is) - FS is emulating that as the main score display (also why its doesn't look like a DMD)
it is useful during multiplayer games because it displays all the players scores as the backglass only has one score reel that only displays that players score when its their ball

suggestion - display the score wheel by default, with option to display lcd below it in single player, and default on doing multiplayer games.

Members online

Members online