Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
SPECULATION TIME

The only other major feature I can think of that they would tease this hard is that maybe each Williams remake will come with a seperate Zen Pinball counterpart with 3D animated characters and stuff.

Also, and I super doubt it's this, but Zen have given away a lot for free in the past so maybe they'll say the first table pack is free something along those lines

Guess I pretty much nailed that guess

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Fantastic news, this should please the FX2/3/Zen players who want a more video game feel to it.

I must be a dunce because I don't get their pricing: 3 pack is $9.99, buying individual it's $2.99 each, so... $8.98? It's cheaper to buy them individually or did they mean $3.99 each? I relistened, she def says $2.99 each

Note: I'm feverish so if I'm a dunce, at least I have an excuse :)
The video seemed to indicate you could purchase tables individually too.

I just watched the video again and noticed something I missed the first time.

I'm pretty sure the woman is saying that the individual $2.99 table purchases are specifically for the ZP2 Mac version.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the price is the same as there normal table packs , for us down under it`s under $15 au ,for what you get , if anyone wants to complain , you need your head read !!!:cool:

Wapcaplet

Jul 18, 2012
It was pointed out on the Dead_Flip stream today that the fisherman image on the Fish Tales playfield has a cigar in the real table, but is missing from the Zen version. Here's the real table:

image-6.jpg

And Zen's version:

2fyypTp.jpg

Looks like more censorship?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It was pointed out on the Dead_Flip stream today that the fisherman image on the Fish Tales playfield has a cigar in the real table, but is missing from the Zen version. Here's the real table:

Absolutey. Sadly, Blizzard did this exact same thing with Tychus' cigar in Starcraft & Heroes of the Storm

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It was pointed out on the Dead_Flip stream today that the fisherman image on the Fish Tales playfield has a cigar in the real table, but is missing from the Zen version.

~snip~

Cigars fall under "Use of Tobacco". Would likely bump up to a T rating.

Junk Yard is missing them too, from Crazy Bob.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They were in TPA without a T rating.

I really hope these ridiculously unnecessary changes won't be in the final release versions. This is taking the 'family mode' nonsense to a new level.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
They were in TPA without a T rating.

I really hope these ridiculously unnecessary changes won't be in the final release versions. This is taking the 'family mode' nonsense to a new level.

Which kind of bears this question, though: How in the world did those who determine age ratings miss all of this during TPA's reign?

I see tobacco mentioned in SPA's official rating description, but not listed beside the rating itself.

I'm even more confused now.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
BTW, finally tested the new build and the ball still shoots 6 inches off the flipper with a forward nudge :/

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Which kind of bears this question, though: How in the world did those who determine age ratings miss all of this during TPA's reign?

I see tobacco mentioned in SPA's official rating description, but not listed beside the rating itself.

I'm even more confused now.

I'm kinda hoping they just removed everything they thought the ESRB might nitpick from the demo version, while submitting an unadulterated version for rating to see what they have to remove (hopefully nothing) to remain E10+.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm kinda hoping they just removed everything they thought the ESRB might nitpick from the demo version, while submitting an unadulterated version for rating to see what they have to remove (hopefully nothing) to remain E10+.

Hoping this is the case as well.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No cigar? Whelp that’s it, table is unplayable now.

If you listen to the podcast, you’ll hear that there is more to consider than just the ESRB, but also other companies Zen works with *cough Disney cough*. It’s not a finished topic, what and where to censor, but let’s save our ire and look at the big picture. Would you rather have a cigar and see a dragon bite a knight, or possibly get Indiana Jones?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I personally don't care about family mode one way or the other, so I just bit my tongue while people overreacted to it over the last week, but am I really gonna have to read posts complaining about a missing cigar?

wolfson

May 24, 2013

If you listen to the podcast, you’ll hear that there is more to consider than just the ESRB, but also other companies Zen works with *cough Disney cough*. It’s not a finished topic, what and where to censor, but let’s save our ire and look at the big picture. Would you rather have a cigar and see a dragon bite a knight, or possibly get Indiana Jones?
Chris I listened to it 3 times in case I missed something, it`s the big picture we got to look at , and I`m happy !!!:cool:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[MENTION=7437]pinball_chaos[/MENTION] was so generous with his time for our interview. Very candid commentary as well.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
that`s how we want it Jared , this one and the one with Greg from Spacies , tops for me . if we keep getting this type of interview , open and honest , we`ll be top of the world , thanks again boys !!!:cool:

dmil666

May 19, 2018

I want to see a dragon bite Indy while he's smoking a cigar. Is that so much to ask?

Seriously, I don't really pay a lot of attention to the 'family friendly' stuff I guess. I don't even notice it until you guys point it out.
It sounds like the guidelines need to be adjusted for a more modern era, but it might be hard to convince Disney of that.
I'll take Indy over a cigar, but I'm fond of nasty dragons too.

Last edited:

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I hardly look at the dmd while playing, but when a big "censored" bar pops up it grabs my attention. My hope is that they get it rated by the esrb and that it fits the e10 rating.

Regarding the elvira modesty patch, cab users have to grab their own back glass for the moment anyways, we'll have the backgkass we want.

I wouldn't have noticed the cigar was missing unless it was brought up. I don't mind if they uncle fester the playfield occasionally for licensing issues but I would love to know they tried EVERYTHING they could to get the tables as close to their real life versions as possible.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Just pointing out that Fish Tales will be a free table, so it's technically 3 tables for $10. Still a very good deal.

Members online

Members online