Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In HS2, does anybody know how to switch between shift up and shift down, especially for the video mode? I'm on Switch, and pressing A will launch the ball and shift up easily, but I see no way to shift down for video mode.

Also, in touch screen mode, where are the nudge zones? In the controls settings, you can enable nudge through touch, but in the little picture of the switch, it doesn't show where the nudge zones are. I guess they are above the flipper zones, but my touch nudging has been hit or miss.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strells View Post
    In HS2, does anybody know how to switch between shift up and shift down, especially for the video mode?
    Auto Launch = Shift Up
    Manual Launch = Shift Down

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    There’s all sort of variance happening when I was playing MM. As the ball ejects from the castle, it’d sometimes hit the sling, others do a perfect dead pass, and even others slide right off the flipper and drain. Even within those, there were variations as opposed to always behaving the exact same predictable way.
    Yes I've only played MM in tournament mode so far and although the physics can be a little wacky at times, overall i'm enjoying the variance and affect of ball spin. It makes the table much harder. Every new game I play the first visit to Merlin always gives me the "drawbridge".
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just found Midnight Madness mode on Junk Yard by accident (by playing the table when (in this case PC clock) it reaches midnight) - is this the sort of thing hidden in some tables ROM, I'd expect many of the original tables in arcades wouldn't have ever been played at midnight.

My Devices
    PC, Switch, Xbox 360, Ouya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, maybe some arcades were open until very late at night? Or maybe if a pinball machine is in a bar.

Pro Pinball: Timeshock also has a Midnight Madness mode.
    Steam Username: infernogott

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Operators could set the internal clock wrong if they wanted to give customers a chance to see midnight madness mode during business hours.

Congo, W?D, Dirty Harry, JM and NBA Fastbreak are the other real tables that have it.

My Devices
    Console, PC, Mobile
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suffocater View Post
    I always hated Fishtales, only knowing it from TPA. What good physics can do....that table is good.
    I am happy to hear this. I cannot imagine having someone not like Fish Tales.

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I hated most about TPA's FT was the slingshots playing volleyball until it went out the outlane, constantly.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I've just found Midnight Madness mode on Junk Yard by accident (by playing the table when (in this case PC clock) it reaches midnight) - is this the sort of thing hidden in some tables ROM, I'd expect many of the original tables in arcades wouldn't have ever been played at midnight.
    Does this work in TPA too?

Edit: nevermind manually changed my pc clock and it worked.
    Last edited by Dok5555555; 10-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.

My Devices
    Switch, ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fishtales is kicking my ass. So must be something off with the game haha!

Awesome! Cant wait for more Williams. Attack from Marrrsssss!!!!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamman39 View Post
    Has anyone else seen a ball bounce off a table and over the flippers? I think it happened to me last night (happened very quickly)
    It's really cool that the physics model allows for that if that was what actually happened

On a side note: that happened to me a ton the last time I played real pinball
    I might have had it happen once (on HS2), but like you say it happens so quickly that it's hard to tell.
    If Zen's physics are allowing that to happen, they need to add the loud CLACK the ball makes when it hits the glass and scares the crap out of you. That used to happen to me when I was much younger and played lots of pinball. It got me in trouble with the owners occasionally too, as they figured that I was hammering on the glass. Got 86'd a couple of times for the CLACK too.
    Last edited by dmil666; 10-13-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Operators could set the internal clock wrong if they wanted to give customers a chance to see midnight madness mode during business hours.

Congo, W?D, Dirty Harry, JM and NBA Fastbreak are the other real tables that have it.
    Not that we'll see this one in FX3 but Ghostbusters also has a midnight madness mode. Pretty awesome implementation of it too!

My Devices
    PC, PS3 (Kaput becasue of YLOD)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a blast with medieval madness. Scored about 166m tonight. Sitting at #11(Sgttenor) It was a long drawn out game I thought. Extra balls on Royal Madness saved my arse. So glad when you play tournament mode there are no extra balls. Was hoping to beat up on the castle and get the achievement but I couldn't get good shots at the castle even in MB. I think I cleared 4 castles couldn't get any further than that. Curious if others are having the same experience.

It's much much harder to hit the castle IMO. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the flippers but you seem to really have to try hard to hit the gates. I'm not complaining. I love it! give the table that extra challenge.

Can't wait to see what Volume 2 will bring us.

My Devices
    Fullsize Virtual Cab (PC), xBox 360, Android Nexus 7 2012
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballfan69 View Post
    Having a blast with medieval madness. Scored about 166m tonight. Sitting at #11(Sgttenor)
    Great score

Quote Originally Posted by Pinballfan69 View Post
    It's much much harder to hit the castle IMO. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the flippers but you seem to really have to try hard to hit the gates. I'm not complaining. I love it! give the table that extra challenge.
    I find this is the case on a real MM that I play - probably even tougher on a real one than in the FX3 MM

In fact on most real pins I play in France it is always super difficult to get a ball up the table particularly to the top. I have always wondered if that's because of how the tables are typically sloped in France, because of old weak flippers, or if that is just how a real table plays. Because I have nothing to compare it against it is hard to say, but I am enjoying harder tables in Zen (I would even vote for making the flippers weaker or at least add an option like Zaccaria to allow that adjustment (of course it would not qualify for leaderboards but I am not bothered about that as I never get anywhere near the top anyhow - lol).

My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought and played the pack today. I am not disappointed...

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok5555555 View Post
    Does this work in TPA too?

Edit: nevermind manually changed my pc clock and it worked.
    Some of Stern's tables also have Midnight Madness, such as Ghostbusters.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmil666 View Post
    If Zen's physics are allowing that to happen, they need to add the loud CLACK the ball makes when it hits the glass and scares the crap out of you. That used to happen to me when I was much younger and played lots of pinball. It got me in trouble with the owners occasionally too, as they figured that I was hammering on the glass. Got 86'd a couple of times for it too.
    Amen to this idea. Loved that CLACK when I was a kid. Arcade managers, not so much. They knew what it was, but equated it with abusive play and I got yelled at.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Amen to this idea. Loved that CLACK when I was a kid. Arcade managers, not so much. They knew what it was, but equated it with abusive play and I got yelled at.
    Oh, that makes as much sense as yelling at the wind. Jeezus.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that in FT, MM, and Getaway after some ball saves in a game the auto plunger does not manage to kick the ball hard enough to get it around the outer loop. The easyest way to see that effect is in the challenge modes which have unlimted ball saves. I'm on PS4. Has anybody else noticed that? Is it intentional or is it a bug?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Birdsfoot View Post
    I noticed that in FT, MM, and Getaway after some ball saves in a game the auto plunger does not manage to kick the ball hard enough to get it around the outer loop. The easyest way to see that effect is in the challenge modes which have unlimted ball saves. I'm on PS4. Has anybody else noticed that? Is it intentional or is it a bug?
    On the PC I've played challenges where the ball launch after saves is extremely wimpy - almost launches just hard enough to go straight down the drain, but not quite (I'm thinking of HS2 in particular). I've encountered this on the tables you mentioned and several of the regular Zen tables. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it sure as hell is annoying.
    Last edited by dmil666; 10-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to go back to TPA. Holy moly it feels like it's underwater to me now.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    I just tried to go back to TPA. Holy moly it feels like it's underwater to me now.
    I don’t remember the last time I played it, and now that we have this, it’s going to stay that way!

My Devices
    Playstation 4, Xbox One X, Steam, Switch and Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People here seem to think I'm being "mean" when I say that I want to see Sterns tables from here on out made by Zen Studios. I am in no way looking forward to whoa Nellie and big buck hunter on consoles because I know exactly how they will play.

My Devices
    Xbox One (for now)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_Ry4n View Post
    People here seem to think I'm being "mean" when I say that I want to see Sterns tables from here on out made by Zen Studios. I am in no way looking forward to whoa Nellie and big buck hunter on consoles because I know exactly how they will play.
    Doesn't seem mean to me. After playing these Williams tables on FX3, I have on a few occasions had a brain lapse and for a split second, thought I might pull up Ripley's next! And like 1 second later my brain realizes that I am gonna have to open up a different game to play it.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    Same experience I had yesterday when I went to fire up some TPA. I couldn't believe how slow it felt. I originally thought TPA would be good for tiding me over while waiting for my favorites in FX3, but man, now I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    I don’t remember the last time I played it, and now that we have this, it’s going to stay that way!
    You mean now that you have this and have gotten into VPX.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast