Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I love the 1 ball challenge. Ironically, I play it for a quick game, but because it’s only one ball, I keep hitting the replay button.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Tournament mode is indeed tough but alas there is no leaderboard for tournament mode. When you finish a game, it scores whatever your high score is across both arcade and tournament. Also it seems every tournament even when it says classic is using zen based physics. Tried one with Fish Tales and I could trap the ball on the left flipper right after the first plunge. It doesn't happen like that playing arcade or Tournament settings.

Herbert Birdsfoot

Nov 2, 2017
I played Fish Tales on PS4 and i am so excited. Zen's physics engine rules. First i played the regular one player mode and found it pretty realistic. But then i tried the classic mode with arcade setting and i was blown away. It was even more like a real table. Gameplay is even a bit faster than in regular mode and the ball bounces even more. And the nudging is spot on. In TPA nudging felt more like cheating. Haven't had the time to try out tournament mode. I'm afraid that it would blow my mind, after i read all the praises about that mode here in the forum.
One thing though: When the ball rolls down the right loop it gets a momentum towards the middle as it leaves the loop. I do not know if this is intended because i haven't got the chance to play Fish Tales in real life.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Tournament mode is indeed tough but alas there is no leaderboard for tournament mode. When you finish a game, it scores whatever your high score is across both arcade and tournament. Also it seems every tournament even when it says classic is using zen based physics. Tried one with Fish Tales and I could trap the ball on the left flipper right after the first plunge. It doesn't happen like that playing arcade or Tournament settings.

I do believe on Xbox one, there are 3 leaderboards for each of these Williams tables. Regular single player, classic arcade, and classic tournament. Yep.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I don't think so. It feels about the same to me as it did in the final beta we all played. And again, 3 levels of difficulty where each feels distinct just means pick your poison!

Maybe I was just on a roll without even trying :p

Having said that my initial feel was that ball speed on FT had been dialed back a bit but not so on the other tables. Could be placebo...

One thing I noticed that feels different is the ball launcher seems to have a bit more variance now, so that’s a good thing.

Bravo, Zen. So cool to have this launch simultaneously across all platforms.

I hadn't noticed that Jeff. BTW I take it you got sorted with the Steam version?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I do believe on Xbox one, there are 3 leaderboards for each of these Williams tables. Regular single player, classic arcade, and classic tournament. Yep.

I'm not home right now, but I'm positive that Switch also has seperate leaderboards for all 3 settings.

Oct 15, 2013
PS4 has three separate leaderboards as well. The local high score board is there too although the scores to beat are the same for single player and classic single player. That's kind of weird considering the single player is using the easiest physics combined with being able to use those crazy Zen powers.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, arcade mode is the normal setting.

One thing I noticed that feels different is the ball launcher seems to have a bit more variance now, so that’s a good thing.

Bravo, Zen. So cool to have this launch simultaneously across all platforms.

There’s all sort of variance happening when I was playing MM. As the ball ejects from the castle, it’d sometimes hit the sling, others do a perfect dead pass, and even others slide right off the flipper and drain. Even within those, there were variations as opposed to always behaving the exact same predictable way.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Has anyone else seen a ball bounce off a table and over the flippers? I think it happened to me last night (happened very quickly)
It's really cool that the physics model allows for that if that was what actually happened

On a side note: that happened to me a ton the last time I played real pinball

strells

Oct 7, 2014
In HS2, does anybody know how to switch between shift up and shift down, especially for the video mode? I'm on Switch, and pressing A will launch the ball and shift up easily, but I see no way to shift down for video mode.

Also, in touch screen mode, where are the nudge zones? In the controls settings, you can enable nudge through touch, but in the little picture of the switch, it doesn't show where the nudge zones are. I guess they are above the flipper zones, but my touch nudging has been hit or miss.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
There’s all sort of variance happening when I was playing MM. As the ball ejects from the castle, it’d sometimes hit the sling, others do a perfect dead pass, and even others slide right off the flipper and drain. Even within those, there were variations as opposed to always behaving the exact same predictable way.

Yes I've only played MM in tournament mode so far and although the physics can be a little wacky at times, overall i'm enjoying the variance and affect of ball spin. It makes the table much harder. Every new game I play the first visit to Merlin always gives me the "drawbridge".

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I've just found Midnight Madness mode on Junk Yard by accident (by playing the table when (in this case PC clock) it reaches midnight) - is this the sort of thing hidden in some tables ROM, I'd expect many of the original tables in arcades wouldn't have ever been played at midnight.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I dunno, maybe some arcades were open until very late at night? Or maybe if a pinball machine is in a bar.

Pro Pinball: Timeshock also has a Midnight Madness mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.