Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Just give us the option to turn off the dynamic camera. It takes me out of the immersion. Cabinet owners will be even more annoyed with this.

Agree. Some kind of camera lock is needed.

Unrelated: Dear god locking balls is easy in Zen FT.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Yeppa! Zen fixed the missing fish-tales-table on PS4. It´s now available. That´s what I call great Service. Thanks Zen!

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I always hated Fishtales, only knowing it from TPA. What good physics can do....that table is good. :)

Not just good, it´s amazing. (but much harder to play than in TPA, if you´re using the tournament mode in ZEN). Oh, ich sehe Du bist auch Deutscher...stelle den Turniermodus ein, macht echt Laune!
Well, I prefer this mode, cause it´s closer to real pinball. Challenging, but not frustrating.
The remastered Version is great, watching the dancing fisherman, when you get the multiball makes me smile ;)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's what I love; played MM in arcade mode with the visual enhancements, got my butt gloriously handed to me. Wanted to see what happened during certain modes visually, so switched to Zen mode and progressed easily to see them. It's so nice to be able to choose between a casual, no stress game of pinball or to switch over to something that is going to make you earn your stripes and can give you a sense of accomplishment even over silly things like getting a replay.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Great. Now I'm going to have a tirade with Zen on this, as I've had with Farsight. Game ROMs are sped up during play.

Hearing the same on my end. But it doesn't seem quite as bad as what I'm hearing from your video. It's mainly just sped up slightly on my end. Yours seems sped up but then will slow down every once in awhile creating a warble effect to the music.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Nice touch adding flyer as table mastery rewards for at least the Fish Tales table - haven't got far enough with the others yet to see if they have them as well.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice touch adding flyer as table mastery rewards for at least the Fish Tales table - haven't got far enough with the others yet to see if they have them as well.

I got it for MM, so I’d say it’s probably there for all tables.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Great. Now I'm going to have a tirade with Zen on this, as I've had with Farsight. Game ROMs are sped up during play.

Yes, this is a problem that needs addressing ASAP.

So far I'm enjoying Volume 1 but I still think FT has a level of polish the others are lacking.

For example, Junk Yard has a clear hole in the plunger lane... meaning that you can see right through to the carpet!

Is it me or is Classic Single Player (Arcade) a bit on the easy side now?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I am very very pleasantly surprised with the final result. Have been playing MM & FT all evening, having lotsa fun. I'll be buying all Williams tables again I guess :) :)
Sure hope though that ZEN will also continue to focus on ZEN "Fantasy" tables :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is it me or is Classic Single Player (Arcade) a bit on the easy side now?

I don't think so. It feels about the same to me as it did in the final beta we all played. And again, 3 levels of difficulty where each feels distinct just means pick your poison!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I am very very pleasantly surprised with the final result. Have been playing MM & FT all evening, having lotsa fun. I'll be buying all Williams tables again I guess :) :)
Sure hope though that ZEN will also continue to focus on ZEN "Fantasy" tables :)

There will be 2 new Zen original tables coming soon after the new year.

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
Arcademode is the normal game? Think so. Love fish tales, playing on the Switch is freaking awesome! One thing... i can only buy the pack williams vol1. But i thought we could buy the tables one by one? Want to have medieval madness but not junkyard and high speed.

I love the whole Zen package. With their own tables, but now with Williams it feels so good.

Thanks Zen!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, arcade mode is the normal setting.

One thing I noticed that feels different is the ball launcher seems to have a bit more variance now, so that’s a good thing.

Bravo, Zen. So cool to have this launch simultaneously across all platforms.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
But i thought we could buy the tables one by one?

Nope, that was a common misunderstanding people had from the announcement video.

All versions of Pinball FX3 only offer the table pack.

Individual table purchases are only for Zen Pinball 2 on Mac.

Members online

Members online