Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really hope FarSight isn't losing Stern/Sega/DE to Zen too.

Mainly because I don't want that stuff clogging up Zen's new WMS output.

Plus competition is good. We don’t want Zen to become the Madden of pinball. History has shown us again and again how a game studio can become stale and complacent when they have no one to keep them on their toes. Not saying that would happen here, but you never know.

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
That's one way to look at it. Another is that due to licensing, the tables that would potentially make the most money going forward were never going to happen. Zen has the capability to afford those without need of crowd funding. If anything look at this as upgrading from the DVD version to the Blu-Ray or even the 4K version. Same content, improved presentation. I've double and triple dipped on so many movies, from Laserdisc to DVD to Blu-Ray, and each time the herd thins with what I'll get. But there are certain titles I will re-buy every single time because I want it as good looking as it can be. Same can be said for what Zen is offering. They bought the library, now they choose what remaster.
That's a good analogy.
I lost count how many times I've re-bought Star Wars, Blade Runner, 2001 etc. etc.
I just hope my wallet forgives me for the pounding it gets!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Even though FS no longer has the WMS IP, they do still have Stern with access to relatively recent tables. Tables that are actually still active in the wild. Th... they do still have Stern right?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, they still have Stern. They are about to release two Stern tables this week. They are actively working on a revamped version of Stern Pinball Arcade including a VR version.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Yes, they still have Stern. They are about to release two Stern tables this week. They are actively working on a revamped version of Stern Pinball Arcade including a VR version.

Believe it, when I see it. Should have been there 2 years ago. I am ok with delays, but 2 years are a bit harsh.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
A bit of wild speculation:

While the machines shown in the trailer can be taken with a grain of salt, since many are shown at the Budapest Pinball Museum and the rest have presumably been at Zen Studios for a while (hey syt, ever been to Zen in Hungary to confirm this? :p ), I find the scene with the stacking game manuals interesting. They purposefully made the decision to include those.

Perhaps it was their way of giving us a look at what games are next in the pipeline without officially announcing them. Attack from Mars, Black Rose, White Water, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Or maybe they just grabbed a random stack and thought it'd look cool.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A bit of wild speculation:

While the machines shown in the trailer can be taken with a grain of salt, since many are shown at the Budapest Pinball Museum and the rest have presumably been at Zen Studios for a while (hey syt, ever been to Zen in Hungary to confirm this? :p ), I find the scene with the stacking game manuals interesting. They purposefully made the decision to include those.

Perhaps it was their way of giving us a look at what games are next in the pipeline without officially announcing them. Attack from Mars, Black Rose, White Water, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Or maybe they just grabbed a random stack and thought it'd look cool.

The manual stack was I think a huge easter egg. The machines in the office are quite good hints too. The one that drove me mad though was having Zsolt leaning up against an NBA Fastbreak at the Budapest Museum. If only that was in the office!!

And no, I have never been to any part of Europe, but our sometime podcaster Sven (aka Xanija) lives in Germany and is very interested in going. So we'll get a report from there one way or another.

btw...we told the guys from Zen that people would comb through that video for any hint they could, and then we did it ourselves. Thing is, we don't know the kind of mind games Zen likes to play, unlike FarSight.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The one that drove me mad though was having Zsolt leaning up against an NBA Fastbreak at the Budapest Museum. If only that was in the office!!

Neat, I completely glossed over the fact he was leaning on a Fastbreak. Zen tournaments with Fastbreak would be amazing.

My favorite museum bit was when they showed the EM wall. A man can dream that it was meant to be a hint, even if only for the distant future.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My favorite museum bit was when they showed the EM wall. A man can dream that it was meant to be a hint, even if only for the distant future.

Well one things for sure, the ball would actually behave and move at speeds appropriate for an EM.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
The manual stack was I think a huge easter egg. The machines in the office are quite good hints too. The one that drove me mad though was having Zsolt leaning up against an NBA Fastbreak at the Budapest Museum. If only that was in the office!!

I would think that May/June 2019 would be great release window for Fastbreak, right around NBA Playoffs/Finals time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts