Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    Ooh, does that mean Zen can fix original coding bugs and uncap score maximums that FS wasn't allowed to?
    Zen has complete freedom apparently to do whatever, they just won't (and it might be aren't allowed) change the rules. But you know how FarSight was using audio cues to trigger goal rewards? Zen is clearly reading code, especially since if you are using score upgrade mods they are immediately reflected in the actual score, on top of how you have all the scores visually appearing around the table with zero delay. When they make Creature, I guess we'll see if there's that 10 billion rollover score problem that TPA suffers with. There's where guys like Tarek who break ROMs with their scores will come in handy.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know most of you are probably playing classic mode but on Fish Tales in Zen mode its really hard not to drain your ball right down the center. And its impossible to save if its going straight down, the nudge isn't strong enough to get it to the flippers. I think with in the past with Zen originals this wasn't an issue because the flippers were closer together, seems like there's a big gap in fish tales.

I also noticed after playing the TPA Fish Tales that I almost never hit that captured ball in the center, but with Zen I'm hitting that all the time. Which is more like the real table if anyone knows?

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok5555555 View Post
    I know most of you are probably playing classic mode but on Fish Tales in Zen mode its really hard not to drain your ball right down the center. And its impossible to save if its going straight down, the nudge isn't strong enough to get it to the flippers. I think with in the past with Zen originals this wasn't an issue because the flippers were closer together, seems like there's a big gap in fish tales.

I also noticed after playing the TPA Fish Tales that I almost never hit that captured ball in the center, but with Zen I'm hitting that all the time. Which is more like the real table if anyone knows?
    Center shot is not a gimme on a real table - has t be a solid shot with enough force to get the captive ball up to the target

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok5555555 View Post
    And its impossible to save if its going straight down, the nudge isn't strong enough to get it to the flippers.
    If a ball is rolling on a flat surface of the table and does not make contact with another object, nudging will not move the ball. That is a simple physics fact of the real world, and something TPA broke the laws of physics with.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    If a ball is rolling on a flat surface of the table and does not make contact with another object, nudging will not move the ball. That is a simple physics fact of the real world, and something TPA broke the laws of physics with.
    I get that but I was playing in zen mode and usually you can keep a ball alive a lot easier. It's not really the nudging, zen's nudging has always been like that. It's more the fact the gap between the flippers is bigger than their usual tables and there's nothing to compensate for that, so it makes it harder get a good flow going like you can in other zen tables.

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that's completely accurate. The table should move under the ball but return back. In effect, nudging perfectly in real life, you can slightly, if timed right, get a ball that's going to miss to actually hit the flipper (at least I think?)

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of flipper gaps, anyone remember the TPA flipper gap fiasco in MM? I don't think they ever really got it right, and truthfully it does feel just a wee bit more narrow in FX3 (there are balls that I felt would've drained for sure in TPA, but were save-able in FX3). We'd have to compare screenshots to really know for sure, and of course the angles make a difference too.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have seen a few folks gorilla a game sideways and the ball stays where it is for the most part as the game is moved over and the ball now is half a foot over from the center where it was before. Not what an arcade owner wants to see! I am pretty sure it was an instant tilt!

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha!

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Speaking of flipper gaps, anyone remember the TPA flipper gap fiasco in MM?
    I do! I do! I do!

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was just playing Fish Tales a few times today, it almost feels like the posts in front of the captive ball don't allow any chance for your ball to hit it. Anyone else having the same trouble?

And right after I post this, was finally able to hit the shot but just seemed very random cause I was constantly firing shots right at it the last couple times. heh

Nevermind, now I'm hitting the shot, from what I read it is a tough shot so Zen is doing very well with the current beta build IMO.
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 09-20-2018 at 06:18 PM.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a chance to play some more FT and overall the classic physics in this version do feel a lot better. Now if they can fix the orbit issues and tone down the forward nudge a bit, I think we'll be golden.

Really hoping to see some darker lighting on the other tables before release. FT looks great, but the others are too bright in comparison.

My Devices
    Fullsize Virtual Cab (PC), xBox 360, Android Nexus 7 2012
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hoping to see some darker lighting on the other tables before release. FT looks great, but the others are too bright in comparison.
    Same for me. I have the alpha slider set to the darkest already and FT looks good (although I would still want to go a tad darker) but the other 3 need to be darker if possible.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a chance to play some more FT and overall the classic physics in this version do feel a lot better. Now if they can fix the orbit issues and tone down the forward nudge a bit, I think we'll be golden.

Agree on the lighting. FT quality should be the standard for all Williams tables.

Anybody else feeling the ball accelerates toward the flippers a bit too fast on the 'Arcade' setting? Feels like the table angle is ramped up a more than it's actually showing.

How's everyone finding the difficulty on the Classic Single Player now? I was struggling to get 150M last night and I was really trying!

My Devices
    Cabinet
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    How's everyone finding the difficulty on the Classic Single Player now? I was struggling to get 150M last night and I was really trying!
    I am enjoying this williams fx3 tables!
    Think the difficulty is better now, also struggling to get high scores , somethimes i get in a zone and get good points so i think its good how it is.
    I recorded some gameplay of a 200m game , best score so far for me, here's the video:
    (my audio mixer needs replaced, sorry for the audio spikes)

Last edited by Pantah010; 09-21-2018 at 06:22 AM.
    Channels: Twitch / YouTube

My Devices
    iPad 4, iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that really stands out are the flippers sounds. Really good!

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    It's kicking my butt. I need to go back to TPA to feel better about myself.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    One thing that really stands out are the flippers sounds. Really good!
    The mechanical sounds are great. I have them cranked. I love the sound of the pop bumpers in Medieval Madness.

My Devices
    Note 9, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it's tough. Real pinball is tough. A good run should feel exhilarating and not like "wizard mode again?"

Remember Scared Stiff in TPA? Hour plus long games, and they wouldn't take our feedback seriously and go back to adjust the table. I think that's when I lost my enthusiasm for that project entirely.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinph View Post
    Glad to hear it's tough. Real pinball is tough. A good run should feel exhilarating and not like "wizard mode again?"

Remember Scared Stiff in TPA? Hour plus long games, and they wouldn't take our feedback seriously and go back to adjust the table. I think that's when I lost my enthusiasm for that project entirely.
    Agreed completely. I tried as hard as I could to convince Farsight to at least add a tournament difficulty mode, but I gave up after awhile when I realized it was never gonna happen. I only played Scared Stiff once or twice in TPA for that reason, which sucked because I was really looking forward to it.

Thankfully Zen sees the value in it right off the bat, so I couldn’t be happier.
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 09-21-2018 at 09:39 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantah010 View Post
    I am enjoying this williams fx3 tables!
    Think the difficulty is better now, also struggling to get high scores , somethimes i get in a zone and get good points so i think its good how it is.
    I recorded some gameplay of a 200m game , best score so far for me, here's the video:
    (my audio mixer needs replaced, sorry for the audio spikes)

Nice score!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    It's kicking my butt. I need to go back to TPA to feel better about myself.

Ha ha, that's hilarious

tbh I'm not sure I'll be going back to TPA much once Zen has a few Williams tables released. I only loaded it up recently to see what Farsight had done with Whoa Nellie, and that was a big mistake!

Maybe I'll load it up to play a few of the other tables now and again though.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinph View Post
    Indeed I do, I think most of us were falling asleep at the wheel on that...

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Zen go back and continue to tune the tables post release. All the effort and feedback at the moment has been around Fish Tails, I'd like to hope the other tables will get the same polish too.

At the moment the rubbers in the game are too springy - feels like I'm playing with a rubber ball at times.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast