Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
so help me here i bought all of farsights tables am i now going to have to buy again through zen in order to play tournaments and is game play going to change. I feel like i got played by farsight
Yes you will. Different companies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey guys, I posted some feedback on my thoughts of the Zen flipper strength here. The Zen forums don't seem very active so I was curious to see if people here understand what I'm saying and I also wanted to make sure I wasn't just spewing nonsense. :p https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...-strong-in-smaller-swings&p=102329#post102329

Basically, the issue I noticed is that the flippers seem to jump to full strength in small swings, making post-transfers and other maneuvers requiring small flipper movements borderline impossible.

I get exactly what you mean, and it looks like Zen responded to you as something they are working on.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Like Zen. You're going to have to be quite gentle on the stick unless you want to tilt. That might be adjustable though.
That's what I'm hoping for because I know the Zen tables don't have much room for error.
Not a big nudger but sometimes it's always nice to have that give to a table.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Neat. Glad it's coming to Switch too.

What I'm looking forward to the most is a second opportunity to get some of the top WMS requests we never got in TPA.

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks Xanija.

For those that are wondering if Zen/Williams will support cabinet mode, doesn't Zen's FAQ saying that all Williams tables will have all FX3 features included mean cabinet mode will be included?

Cabinet mode is working for me ( DMD + Backglass with no image found message) did a opt out /opt in beta to check is settings were still there in the non beta so could be it carried over then, cant remember is it was working @ first install ( no unlock key was asked for )

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
so help me here i bought all of farsights tables am i now going to have to buy again through zen in order to play tournaments and is game play going to change. I feel like i got played by farsight

Nobody was playing you. It wasn't like Zen and FarSight were conspiring together to get you to double dip. You have a huge wonderful collection of tables. Now you can choose whether you want to buy them again, as they slowly get released, in a quantity nobody knows. There might be tables that Zen doesn't choose to do that FarSight did. This does not affect anything you can do in TPA. These are simply how the future of all WMS pinball in digital form will be available for purchase. So no conspiracy, and you no need to rush and buy what Zen puts out, just whenever you are ready.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hopefully not I wouldn't like to see anybody at FS lose jobs over this.

Me neither. That joke might have had a little too much zing on it. What I'm actually hoping for is that this will cause FarSight to step up their game so we can have a nice "who's doing it better" competition. Kinda like before EA bought the exclusive NFL rights and competing games were driving innovation.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ooh! Guess I have a project when I get home! Thanks!

You’re very welcome [MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION]! Sounds like I should probably make a tutorial thread for this with a screen shot of the setting that needs changed since it seems to be a fairly common issue.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yup. WMS figured that the best way to make money is to get people to buy their tables twice. Simply put, I'll only consider the best of the best that I like.

Did you try the demo? This is a night and day difference from TPA. I honestly could never go back after playing this, so I’ll gladly rebuy everything.

It’s basically like going from VCR tapes straight to Bluray. :cool:

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Me neither. That joke might have had a little too much zing on it. What I'm actually hoping for is that this will cause FarSight to step up their game so we can have a nice "who's doing it better" competition. Kinda like before EA bought the exclusive NFL rights and competing games were driving innovation.
Sometimes competition is good.
I have a feeling Zen will let this beta stew for awhile and soak up a lot information.

EA seems to bring out just about the same game every year and there's always that one year where I get a little excited and get it and play it for a couple of months and then put it aside.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yup. WMS figured that the best way to make money is to get people to buy their tables twice. Simply put, I'll only consider the best of the best that I like.

That's one way to look at it. Another is that due to licensing, the tables that would potentially make the most money going forward were never going to happen. Zen has the capability to afford those without need of crowd funding. If anything look at this as upgrading from the DVD version to the Blu-Ray or even the 4K version. Same content, improved presentation. I've double and triple dipped on so many movies, from Laserdisc to DVD to Blu-Ray, and each time the herd thins with what I'll get. But there are certain titles I will re-buy every single time because I want it as good looking as it can be. Same can be said for what Zen is offering. They bought the library, now they choose what remaster.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
That is weird. Currently looking at their website it's all Gottlieb and Alvin and G and of course their release of DWMoT.
That reminds me. I don't see any of Stern's games on Pinball Arcade's website anymore.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
You’re very welcome [MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION]! Sounds like I should probably make a tutorial thread for this with a screen shot of the setting that needs changed since it seems to be a fairly common issue.

Buy me a laptop, 8m rocking a hd4000

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I really hope FarSight isn't losing Stern/Sega/DE to Zen too.

Mainly because I don't want that stuff clogging up Zen's new WMS output.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts