TPA v8.0.0 now *requires* iOS 10 or later

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Users on older iOS versions below iOS 10 (I am personally on iOS 9.3.5) can no longer run the newest version (8.0.0) of TPA.
Just a heads-up for those in this situation. Also note that if you're affected, the newest version will NOT show in your updates on the device.

You can still of course run the older versions of TPA so if you delete TPA from your device, then reinstall it, it will give you the option to install the newest compatible version of TPA that will run on your device's iOS version (likely v7.11.3).

Because of this new iOS 10 requirement, I may be done with TPA as far as updating it and purchasing new tables...:mad:

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
To be very fair, the 5s is a pretty old device. To be able to run iOS 10 wouldn't even require you to get a new new iDevice, just a newER one, so you should be able to do it without breaking the bank.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
To be very fair, the 5s is a pretty old device.
I actually use my iPad mini 4 to run TPA...it's also on iOS 9.3.5 (the iPhone 5s is just to small to play on).

Being on an older iOS is by choice in my case. The updates were never enough to motivate me to update just for the sake of updating; my son's mini 4 is however updated to the latest iOS so it's not like I haven't even tried it.

iOS 12 (compatible with the 5s, despite it's age) may however change my mind.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Not much enthusiasm for this, that’s a shame.
I put this in the wrong place. I was referring to the new tables.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Is IOS 10 when they forced all apps to go 64bit? Not sure but I kept my ipad pro 12.9" on an older IOS because if I upgraded, I have hundreds of $$$ of apps that can not longer be used. If that's the case, moving forward Farsight has now lost a customer.

I don't put this one on Farsight but rather on apple. They can say it's due to security issues but at the end of the day, not making the newer IOS' backwards compatible with 32 bit is not right. My ipad air isn't THAT old. Can you imagine our reaction if Microsoft after 4 years would say "sorry you upgraded? Too bad, you just lost the ability to run half your apps because the devs wouldn't update them, don't exist anymore, etc. Come again!" We'd all freak out, but because ios is built on top of a hardware cycle that's ingrained us to think "replace after 3-4 years, it's like most don't think it's a big deal. I suspect it's actually because people

Thankfully I don't have to upgrade but man, one day one of my daughters boyfriend was trying to do a good deed and downloaded the newest update and was about to run it. With no way of turning back to previous iOS, I would have had no choice but to eliminate him ;)

Overall, love my ipad, love my iPhone and think the WORLD of my apple watch but when it comes to tablets, probably looking at a windows solution in the future.

Hmmm. a google search seems to indicate the forced 64bit was when ios11 was released so I may still be ok for a while. Goodness I really hope my future pinball apps like Pinball fx3 and zacarria updates don't require ios11 though :(

Members online

Members online