Farsight must counterattack!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
To the west a bit of San Bernadino is a city called Fontana, that we used to refer to as Fontucky. Once the freeway got built through there, it sprang to suburban life, but the name still sticks.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I forgot workwear , t-shirt or singlet , boardies ( board shorts ) and the most important , a pair of thongs !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Be really tough for Jay to continue his political career from another country!
Chris , if he gives up US citizenship and becomes an Aussie he`ll be sweet haha !!! I let you all know how Coolangatta and Tweed Heads are connected , they are sometimes called Twin Towns , they are connected on the border of Queensland and New South Wales . when I talk about Tweed Heads I count Coolangatta in it as well :cool:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Well... by fight back, I meant first of all polish the game, Stern blockbuster tables or multi SS tables release for later, a lot later...

The best form of defence is attack.

Nerf the nudging to make the tables harder and reset leaderboards. Easy and quick to implement, the news of the update will spread quickly among pinballers and will show that FS is still in the melee (island).

But as it has been said, maybe FS wants to move on another project, and TPA will slowly die.

Last edited:

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
I certainly hope PA/stern doesnt die, im still with them, im far from sold on the Zen version. Im sitting on the fence with that one, it seems positive so far though. I'd just like farsight to sort out the crossbuy for PS4 so i can put ac/dc, mustang, ghostb and s trek in PA and get rid of the stern version. All in one place n all that.

trouble is farsight have gone very quiet, they should be out shouting about what their doing/planning. I'd love to see them do some newer sterns, there's loads of great ones.

talk to me Farsight!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I certainly hope PA/stern doesnt die, im still with them, im far from sold on the Zen version. Im sitting on the fence with that one, it seems positive so far though. I'd just like farsight to sort out the crossbuy for PS4 so i can put ac/dc, mustang, ghostb and s trek in PA and get rid of the stern version. All in one place n all that.

trouble is farsight have gone very quiet, they should be out shouting about what their doing/planning. I'd love to see them do some newer sterns, there's loads of great ones.

talk to me Farsight!

I realize that you being on a PS4, you haven't gotten to try the Zen version out for yourself, but I'm curious as to why you are "far from sold" on this.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really enjoyed playing Stern Aerosmith when it first came out. Was just reading about the most recent update that made some changes for elevator multiball and final tour. Made a good game even better imo. Please please please let this game come to The Pinball Arcade.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really enjoyed playing Stern Aerosmith when it first came out. Was just reading about the most recent update that made some changes for elevator multiball and final tour. Made a good game even better imo. Please please please let this game come to The Pinball Arcade.

I actually just watched Aerosmith’s Behind the Music last night. Some pretty fascinating stuff I never knew before. Still haven’t got around to playing the pin yet.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see Zen Studios purchase Farsight Studios and keep it open as Zen California or similar, then merge the Stern license properly into Zen Pinball - can you imagine a classic Stern table like LOTR or Simpsons Pinball Party with Zens new classic tournament physics from the Williams beta, and all the other Zen improvements as well (interface, sound, fantasy remastered versions) etc

Imagine it would be easier to get the difficult licenses and the shared resource would potentially mean back to high quality monthly releases!

We can dream....

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'd like to dream for that not to happen.

Zen needs to focus on what they have going now, which is a project that needs all the attention it can get, rather than on fixing FarSight's gremlins for them or taking on another license before they even get the WMS one past beta.

Zen has said they'll hire more people if they need to. No need to buy an entire company. And it certainly wouldn't lead to monthly releases again. That isn't even Zen's business model to begin with.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Yeah good points. I meant more along the lines of no one in the games industry seems to be safe anymore (Telltale Games folding was a big surprise just now) and if the Williams packs on Zen no longer make TPA/SPA financially viable for Farsight in future then these may be the guys to hire. Not perfect but definitely have the experience

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
I realize that you being on a PS4, you haven't gotten to try the Zen version out for yourself, but I'm curious as to why you are "far from sold" on this.

Simply because i havent tried it. Do you expect me to commit to a game i havent tried?, course not. All seems generally positive so far but then do i really want to effectively re-purchase all the tables i already own? just because some look a bit better or play differently. Dont know if im hard core enough to be bothered for harder physics, i hardly touch real pinball tables and when i do im pretty naff because of that. It might be that i end up preferring farsights more forgiving physics. I'll know more when i get to try it for myself.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah good points. I meant more along the lines of no one in the games industry seems to be safe anymore (Telltale Games folding was a big surprise just now) and if the Williams packs on Zen no longer make TPA/SPA financially viable for Farsight in future then these may be the guys to hire. Not perfect but definitely have the experience

I read about Telltale Games yesterday. I liked all their earlier adventure/puzzle games - Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Monkey Island, and Back to the Future. Not so keen when they went to the cinematic/story telling type of game, I bought Jurrasic Park but stopped somewhere in episode 2; did buy and finish Game of Thrones but didn't bother with any of the other recent(ish) games. Must have been a big market for them though considering how many they have released.

RuySan

Nov 30, 2017
Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see Zen Studios purchase Farsight Studios and keep it open as Zen California or similar, then merge the Stern license properly into Zen Pinball - can you imagine a classic Stern table like LOTR or Simpsons Pinball Party with Zens new classic tournament physics from the Williams beta, and all the other Zen improvements as well (interface, sound, fantasy remastered versions) etc

Imagine it would be easier to get the difficult licenses and the shared resource would potentially mean back to high quality monthly releases!

We can dream....

Keep in mind that it's probably much easier to find good and cheap talent in Budapest than in California. Zen Studios has probably a much smaller overhead with wages. They can poach top talent easier i suppose. In California Farsight has to compete with loads of bigger companies.

RuySan

Nov 30, 2017
Simply because i havent tried it. Do you expect me to commit to a game i havent tried?, course not. All seems generally positive so far but then do i really want to effectively re-purchase all the tables i already own? just because some look a bit better or play differently. Dont know if im hard core enough to be bothered for harder physics, i hardly touch real pinball tables and when i do im pretty naff because of that. It might be that i end up preferring farsights more forgiving physics. I'll know more when i get to try it for myself.

Yes, it's a hard sell, but i wish Zen will release new tables (that were never in TPA) in the next pack. World Cup 94 would be a dream of mine.

Also, you can wait for a sale. Zen makes more sales than Farsight.

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
Yes, it's a hard sell, but i wish Zen will release new tables (that were never in TPA) in the next pack. World Cup 94 would be a dream of mine.

Also, you can wait for a sale. Zen makes more sales than Farsight.

Yeah farsight sales were very rare for PS4!? Ive now tried fish tales etc, definitely different to PA, but still not convinced i'll bother. Ive got too many favourites in PA that we'll not get in FX3 and dont want end up with the same tables all over the place. Time will tell i guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.