Crash after playing Centaur - Patch 1.28

funchords

May 13, 2017
Theory: If I play Centaur either stand alone or in a Challenge where Centaur is part of the challenge, I will have a crash the 2nd time I try to enter play Centaur or enter a Challenge with Centaur in the challenge.

Has happened 3 times. I'm working on reproducing it to minimal steps.

funchords

May 13, 2017
So far it's maybe this..

1. Play Centaur, get a high score
2. Start Season 2 Challenge (Centaur is 2nd game), when Centaur starts, a crash happens.

edit: see below

Last edited:

funchords

May 13, 2017
1. Play Center, get any score. Continue.
2. Exit to main game menu. Start Season 2 challenge, crash starts when Centaur tries to load.

An error has occurred in the following application.
(CE-34878-0)
Pinball Arcade

Reported

You can get through Centaur on the Season 2 challenge if you haven't already tried to play Centaur at some point.

Last edited:

funchords

May 13, 2017
I guess the easiest way is this

1. Start Season 2 challenge, get past Centaur, and fail out on some later game.
2. Try again to play the Season 2 challenge, get past Centaur -- you'll crash.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
I tried twice with both directions, and I wasn't able to replicate it. Anyone else have problems with this?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I tried twice with both directions, and I wasn't able to replicate it. Anyone else have problems with this?

I haven't ran into the problem either. Most likely TC has some broken code in the program. Taking the system into Safe Mode and Rebuilding the Database should fix the problem.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Only issue I've ever experienced with Centaur (besides the looping sound issue that is evident in many tables) is that every once in a great while, it will report my score as 0 regardless of what my score was. It is inconsistent with the glitch, but it does do it sometimes. Centaur is my favorite table, so I play it quite often. Not a big deal to me personally, but I thought I'd mention it.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Yes! I recommend going into Safe Mode on your PS4 and select "rebuild database". This option will repair any broken code that may be on the your hard drive.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Note: Rebuilding the Database will not harm or delete any of your data.

One small note about rebuilding the database........if you have an external drive and the games installed on it are stored in folders, it will kick them from the folders, forcing you to re-sort them back into those folders. Otherwise though, you won't lose anything.

funchords

May 13, 2017
Only issue I've ever experienced with Centaur (besides the looping sound issue that is evident in many tables) is that every once in a great while, it will report my score as 0 regardless of what my score was.

This one I've seen a lot, and I just had it happen where I got 3.2 Million points in Centaur but failed to pass the challenge (goal needed 1.2 million) because the challenge code thought I got 0. Grrr. Trying to remember, it's only pinball. :) It beats working in the mines!

funchords

May 13, 2017
I did the database rebuild from Safe Mode. Tried Season 2 Challenge again. Played the first try at Centaur and didn't qualify, score screen reflected correctly. After my second try (didn't score enough again), the Table Score: 0 even though I got 350,000+ points so we're already on the path to problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.