FX3 Williams Thoughts

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Nobody is asking for the physics on Zen originals to change, just that the WMS physics be added as an option. So Single Player retains all the same physics, just as those same Zen physics are being applied to the Williams tables in that mode. Make Classic Single Player be where the new physics live, again just like the Williams tables. It’ll bring a uniformity across the entire platform, as currently there’s next to no reason to play Zen tables in Classic other than to not use upgrades.

See, no harm in doing that and it’s the best if both worlds! All the people on this forum who have always disliked the feel of Zen tables, they’d finally appreciate what Zen has been doing all these years. They might even be able to look past all the fantasy elements since the ball would at least be behaving in a realistic manner. Similarly, all the Zen fans who have mastered the tables will have something a bit more challenging and that will act as a gateway into the real feel of all the incoming WMS tables.

It’s a 2 way street, let the traffic flow in both directions!

And certainly, not every table will be a smooth fit. But know what? The Zen physics being applied to the WMS tables also wasn’t, and needed some tweaking. So it’s not like we’re asking for the impossible.

Amen to that! Like you say it just makes sense to bring that uniformity across the PFX3 platform.

I guess it’ll come down to how much effort Zen think it will take but I really hope they can make it work

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Amen to that! Like you say it just makes sense to bring that uniformity across the PFX3 platform.

I guess it’ll come down to how much effort Zen think it will take but I really hope they can make it work

Well guys, I mean yeah, it makes sense to have options. I do like the way there are separate boards for single player and classic modes. Lately I have been veering into classic play mode to make leaderboard advances as my single player efforts are getting more difficult to beat my scores lol. My thought process was thinking that this physics alteration would change the classic tables across the board. But if it is an option they want to give players without replacing the physics that originally went into these great tables, as described by SYT, then yeah, it sounds great. They can make as many criteria/play mode based leaderboards as they want to as long as they don't alter the conditions for the ones they have established. Exception would be a huge bug like in that one solo table. Hats off to them for resetting...and they gave plenty of notice. One thing Zen does very top notch is work with/listen to their customers.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Every request I’ve seen for this (including my own) has been for it to be added as an option, as SYT said. So yeah, nothing to worry about.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Nobody is asking for the physics on Zen originals to change, just that the WMS physics be added as an option. So Single Player retains all the same physics, just as those same Zen physics are being applied to the Williams tables in that mode. Make Classic Single Player be where the new physics live, again just like the Williams tables. It’ll bring a uniformity across the entire platform, as currently there’s next to no reason to play Zen tables in Classic other than to not use upgrades.

See, no harm in doing that and it’s the best if both worlds! All the people on this forum who have always disliked the feel of Zen tables, they’d finally appreciate what Zen has been doing all these years. They might even be able to look past all the fantasy elements since the ball would at least be behaving in a realistic manner. Similarly, all the Zen fans who have mastered the tables will have something a bit more challenging and that will act as a gateway into the real feel of all the incoming WMS tables.

It’s a 2 way street, let the traffic flow in both directions!

And certainly, not every table will be a smooth fit. But know what? The Zen physics being applied to the WMS tables also wasn’t, and needed some tweaking. So it’s not like we’re asking for the impossible.

Nice insight. I've been playing some Zen in anticipation for the Williams tables and I find that the ball is way too heavy. It's too easy to trap the ball when coming from in lanes even. There have been tables made by deep recently that kind of act like real tables when they hit the slings and bumpers etc. It was nice and refreshing that Deep and the rest of the staff added some of these tweaks to the older tables from FX2 to FX3. It's noticable enough IMO though some tables didn't quite get the overhaul i thought. That said, the options to have them would be a huge plus.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone, got an update for you!

Family Mode will be turned off on PC. You will have the ability to turn Family Mode on in the settings if needed.

That's great news and I'm glad they're listening to us about that.
Though, I really really hope that Zen wouldn't forget Console users and somehow bring that over. I planned to buy this in Microsoft Store so I could play the tables on both PC and Xbox One X (Xbox Play Anywhere) so I'd love if I had the option to turn off Family Mode on Xbox too.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Though, I really really hope that Zen wouldn't forget Console users and somehow bring that over. I planned to buy this in Microsoft Store so I could play the tables on both PC and Xbox One X (Xbox Play Anywhere) so I'd love if I had the option to turn off Family Mode on Xbox too.

Was curious where this announcement was posted for family mode off on PC? Checked Zen and steam forums and not seeing it.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013

They're still looking into the possibility on other platforms according to this tweet
https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status/1047047321240969217

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I’m with kolchak: I’ll take a look when there’s a table I don’t already have in TPA. I’m also likely to only get it on PS4. Hopefully by then some of the bugs will be worked out. Incidentally I don’t suppose they have cross-platform support? I bought a number of the Marvel tables on my Wii U and whilst I’m willing to double-dip on the WMS tables, I’m not likely to do that with their original ones.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’m with kolchak: I’ll take a look when there’s a table I don’t already have in TPA. I’m also likely to only get it on PS4. Hopefully by then some of the bugs will be worked out. Incidentally I don’t suppose they have cross-platform support? I bought a number of the Marvel tables on my Wii U and whilst I’m willing to double-dip on the WMS tables, I’m not likely to do that with their original ones.

There's hardly any bugs to speak of, certainly none as large and glaring as we were used to in TPA. Did you try at least Fish Tales yet? Did you sample the arcade and tournament versions? Did you turn on and off the Zenifications? As for cross platform, if you purchased tables on the Wii U you absolutely will not get them for free on the PS4. That's cross system. If you are transferring over the the Switch, that might be different except none of the Marvel or Star Wars tables are available on that.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Zen frequently crashes on my setup (steam), so more work is needed. Likely due to marginal resources and I accept most people are running issue free.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Zen frequently crashes on my setup (steam), so more work is needed. Likely due to marginal resources and I accept most people are running issue free.

I seem to call you were having issues in the beta when the integrated graphics issue was a thing. What video card do you have?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Jeff - it's an Intel UHD Graphics 620. Dell Latitude 7290. Really not ideal for the job. I'll send over the crash dump to Zen.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah I'm kind of surprised you can even run it at all with that integrated setup. One thing you can try is turning the resolution down in-game. Might help a bit.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Classic > Tournament settings on PS4 are great. : ) Would love to be able to have it default to having Classic highlighted when I go into a table's menu.

Surprised not to find table lighting options, I guess TPA has me spoiled. ; ) Their default lighting choice is pretty much the right one though, I suppose!

Now to await EM tables. ^_^

Last edited:

FunktionJCB

Oct 9, 2018
Has Zen commented if their rights cover the Pinball 2000 tables?

I never saw one in person, and love to try out Revenge From Mars.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
From my understanding, they have the entire WMS pinball license from Scientific Games, which includes all Bally, Midway, Williams, Bally/Midway, WMS era Bally/Midway and WMS era Williams pinball assets, so while they haven't stated it themselves, yes, there's no reason why that shouldn't cover the Pinball 2000 stuff.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Has Zen commented if their rights cover the Pinball 2000 tables?

I never saw one in person, and love to try out Revenge From Mars.

Pretty sure it includes “Revenge From Mars”.

Since these tables are — in essence — pinball/video hybrids, they should be right in Zen’s wheelhouse!

I was able to play a “Star Wars Episode I” once. It was ... “ok”. But I’ve heard that “Revenge” was the “Gold Standard” for Pinball 2000 and would *love* to play it!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.