Thread: FX3 Williams Thoughts

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWalker View Post
    That's great news and I'm glad they're listening to us about that.
    Though, I really really hope that Zen wouldn't forget Console users and somehow bring that over. I planned to buy this in Microsoft Store so I could play the tables on both PC and Xbox One X (Xbox Play Anywhere) so I'd love if I had the option to turn off Family Mode on Xbox too.
    Was curious where this announcement was posted for family mode off on PC? Checked Zen and steam forums and not seeing it.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam forums

Akos marked as correct answer, or bottom of page 14. Mel on page 15.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klopek View Post
    Steam forums

Akos marked as correct answer, or bottom of page 14. Mel on page 15.
    ah ok, thanks for the post. Was mostly wondering what they would do for the Elvira tables if they ever showed up.
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 10-02-2018 at 10:59 AM.

My Devices
    ipad 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWalker View Post
    That's great news and I'm glad they're listening to us about that.
    Though, I really really hope that Zen wouldn't forget Console users and somehow bring that over. I planned to buy this in Microsoft Store so I could play the tables on both PC and Xbox One X (Xbox Play Anywhere) so I'd love if I had the option to turn off Family Mode on Xbox too.
    They're still looking into the possibility on other platforms according to this tweet
    https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status...47321240969217

My Devices
    iPad, iPhone, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with kolchak: I’ll take a look when there’s a table I don’t already have in TPA. I’m also likely to only get it on PS4. Hopefully by then some of the bugs will be worked out. Incidentally I don’t suppose they have cross-platform support? I bought a number of the Marvel tables on my Wii U and whilst I’m willing to double-dip on the WMS tables, I’m not likely to do that with their original ones.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I’m with kolchak: I’ll take a look when there’s a table I don’t already have in TPA. I’m also likely to only get it on PS4. Hopefully by then some of the bugs will be worked out. Incidentally I don’t suppose they have cross-platform support? I bought a number of the Marvel tables on my Wii U and whilst I’m willing to double-dip on the WMS tables, I’m not likely to do that with their original ones.
    There's hardly any bugs to speak of, certainly none as large and glaring as we were used to in TPA. Did you try at least Fish Tales yet? Did you sample the arcade and tournament versions? Did you turn on and off the Zenifications? As for cross platform, if you purchased tables on the Wii U you absolutely will not get them for free on the PS4. That's cross system. If you are transferring over the the Switch, that might be different except none of the Marvel or Star Wars tables are available on that.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen frequently crashes on my setup (steam), so more work is needed. Likely due to marginal resources and I accept most people are running issue free.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

My Devices
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never had a crash myself.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzatothx View Post
    Zen frequently crashes on my setup (steam), so more work is needed. Likely due to marginal resources and I accept most people are running issue free.
    I seem to call you were having issues in the beta when the integrated graphics issue was a thing. What video card do you have?

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff - it's an Intel UHD Graphics 620. Dell Latitude 7290. Really not ideal for the job. I'll send over the crash dump to Zen.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm kind of surprised you can even run it at all with that integrated setup. One thing you can try is turning the resolution down in-game. Might help a bit.

My pin-only YT channel https://bit.ly/2QObjKA
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic > Tournament settings on PS4 are great. : ) Would love to be able to have it default to having Classic highlighted when I go into a table's menu.

Surprised not to find table lighting options, I guess TPA has me spoiled. ; ) Their default lighting choice is pretty much the right one though, I suppose!

Now to await EM tables. ^_^
    Last edited by smbhax; 10-12-2018 at 09:01 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Zen commented if their rights cover the Pinball 2000 tables?

I never saw one in person, and love to try out Revenge From Mars.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my understanding, they have the entire WMS pinball license from Scientific Games, which includes all Bally, Midway, Williams, Bally/Midway, WMS era Bally/Midway and WMS era Williams pinball assets, so while they haven't stated it themselves, yes, there's no reason why that shouldn't cover the Pinball 2000 stuff.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FunktionJCB View Post
    Has Zen commented if their rights cover the Pinball 2000 tables?

I never saw one in person, and love to try out Revenge From Mars.
    Pretty sure it includes “Revenge From Mars”.

Since these tables are — in essence — pinball/video hybrids, they should be right in Zen’s wheelhouse!

I was able to play a “Star Wars Episode I” once. It was ... “ok”. But I’ve heard that “Revenge” was the “Gold Standard” for Pinball 2000 and would *love* to play it!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    Chew-Z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are going to do Pinball 2000 I hope they just do both of them, especially since they already have a relationship with Disney

My Devices
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post
    If they are going to do Pinball 2000 I hope they just do both of them, especially since they already have a relationship with Disney
    I hope they壇 do Wizard blocks too. It was about as finished as Cactus Canyon, meaning good enough for release while still missing a thing or two. And yes, I致e actually played it in white wood form.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be awesome.

Is the original still privately owned or did one of the museums get ahold of it?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    That'd be awesome.

Is the original still privately owned or did one of the museums get ahold of it?
    It was privately when I played it 3 years ago. Also had the Playboy white wood that was to follow but that was barely had any code running it. This is the same owner of the only Loch Ness, has a Krull, King Kong, Kingpin, and a slew of other prototype versions of machines that were mass produced.

My Devices
    PC/Steam/Windows
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The challenge for RFM isn't the licensing, it's the tech. Pinball 2000 is a whole different platform to implement, running on a 100 Mhz Pentium-class machine, which is like 20x the CPU power of anything WPC or earlier. It's doable technically, but it does represent quite a lot of effort to implement that whole new platform for what would be at most three tables.

Rendering the Pinball 2000 "holograms" has nothing to do with Zen's visuals. They aren't individual objects or overlays. The entire display is a single flat surface, it's just the computer running a normal display to a normal CRT monitor. Same as any other MAME-emulated machine. If the Pinball 2000 platform is implemented at all, that display surface can be located into 3d space easily.

My Devices
    iPad, iPhone, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    There's hardly any bugs to speak of, certainly none as large and glaring as we were used to in TPA. Did you try at least Fish Tales yet? Did you sample the arcade and tournament versions? Did you turn on and off the Zenifications? As for cross platform, if you purchased tables on the Wii U you absolutely will not get them for free on the PS4. That's cross system. If you are transferring over the the Switch, that might be different except none of the Marvel or Star Wars tables are available on that.
    I’ve not had a chance to download it, but I’ll give it a go tonight to see what Fish Tales is like. I’m not a huge DMD fan, so I’m not in a rush to double-dip; especially given I bought the entire TPA shop in June!

I get that there’s not many bugs, but it just seems like an added benefit to waiting to see if there’s something new in the second pack. I can’t imagine they’re not aware that they need some extra sweetener to bring the TPA fans on board. Tournament mode is a definite plus - always disappointed Farsight never added a local tournament play to TPA as it was always nice to play some random tables in their old console collections.

I’ll definitely come to the Zen WMS party eventually; I’m just not in a hurry!

EDITED TO ADD: Just listened to my first BlahCade podcast, being the Mel King interview and okay, that’s got me excited to see what Zen will do with this license ��
    Last edited by Sean; 10-16-2018 at 05:13 AM.

My Devices
    iPad, iPhone, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    But I’ve heard that “Revenge” was the “Gold Standard” for Pinball 2000 and would *love* to play it!
    I got to play this at the UK Pinfest in August - it’s better than those crappy pinball machines the Sharper Image used to sell, but honestly Attack from Mars is a lot more fun. It’s not terribly varied and the playfield is really small. I’d rather play a Zaccaria table to be honest. It’s more of a novelty than anything else; probably not worth the effort.

My Devices
    Xbox, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, my only thoughts are, I'm glad Zen has the license now. The tables definitely feel more fun, and love how real they look as well. FT, while not being a favorite, feels heavily inviting on Zen's over TPA.

My Devices
    iPad, iPhone, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded it yesterday (really hate the PS4 shop still - Nintendo did it so much better) and gave Fishtales a couple of plays, classic and with the animated fisherman and it looks nice and plays pretty well. Not my favourite table so I wasn’t blown away. Main issues I have are the limited number of camera angles, which I recall is a general problem with Zen tables and the action zoom nonsense, though it sounds like they’ll provide an option to disable that. I’m also not a big fan of the interface, but it is better than the FX2 menu. I couldn’t figure out how to do a table tour, but I didn’t spend any time on that. Moving the right stick caused the game to start - which seems pretty weird - so it’s definitely not that! I think that’s one of the best features (if I get it working); always annoyed me that Farsight required a “pro” premium to do something as basic as look at the backglass.

The price is definitely right, so double-dipping is a near-certainty; I just need something to spur me to do so like a new table or one of my faves, which none of these four are. Going back to the BlahCade speculation about the menu placement re: licensed tables, I can’t see why they wouldn’t have something like Indiana Jones in both an Indiana Jones column and the Williams column - I saw Getaway in the first column and the Williams one. Hopefully we’ll get to find out.

My Devices
    PS4 & Switch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pressing X on switch makes you do a table tour with your analogue stick
    Currently playing:
    Dragon Quest 11
    Pinball FX3

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast