Tom Devaney, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Please don't start public discussions about users.

User discussions lead to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering

Use the report post (which has been done here in the thread) or the ignore functionality please. With the numbers of posts we have here at the forum, it's very difficult to see everything for us mods.

Thanks guys. I will take it from here.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll add that this is not the thread for such statements. People are free to express their opinions and at least in this go around there were no personal attacks. The one caveat I will say is that stating the same opinion over and over again when others have given ample reason to points previously brought up just shows an inability to listen.

The Pinball Arcade looks and plays the way it does because it is running off a 7+ year old engine. Feel free to question the reasoning for not building a new engine to match tech specs, but the answer to the question posted is right there.

No, pinball is not at first look a graphics heavy endeavor. Until you consider all the layers and translucent plastics. Pinball is however extremely processor heavy, even on a physical machine that doesn't have to worry about calculating physics and keeping a locked frame rate. The myth that pinball should be way easier to perform than some FPS has long been debunked. Let's quit perpetuating that.

Other console games can look better because they can cheat where resources go based on where the camera is placed. And again, not having to deal with real world physics constantly.

FarSight is not going to overhaul everything, especially for legacy WMS tables they can no longer sell, just to please you. Let's instead encourage them to build a TPA 2.0 and get those Stern and Gottlieb tables looking and playing like a million bucks.

Mar 9, 2012
[deleted]

I said: Please no discussion about users on the forum. Use PM, if you have complaints about users. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm closing this thread now, as the question of the thread is solved and the thread is killed. Please open a new thread, if you need to discuss something around the topic of product support. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts