Top Hand Released...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
On Steam. You Gottlieb EM fans will recognize this table, as it's almost completely identical to High Hand.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thought it was High Hand when I saw it. Will be the first thing I play when the new iOS app drops later this year.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It's closer to Capt. Card in terms of pf. CC and Zaccaria TH both have four star rollovers instead of one like HH. Compared to HH, ZTH has the posts angled differently over the outlanes, only one lane behind each of the midfield drops instead of two, it replaces the kickout hole with two spot targets and adds two new kickout holes to the sides.

I haven't sat down with ZTH yet but subtle differences like those can be night and day between two very similar EMs.

Hopefully the drops reset in ZTH like they do in CC. CC is a much better game than HH for that very reason.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Thought it was High Hand when I saw it. Will be the first thing I play when the new iOS app drops later this year.

First I’ve heard of the new iOS app. I have the zaccaria with the gold level. Don’t have a pc so haven’t followed the continued development closely - what are the goodies coming to the new app? New tables, physics, lighting,editor?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They've only made one Facebook post about it so far.

Hey everybody,

Today I will share some news about Steam, Nintendo Switch AND the Mobile versions of Zaccaria Pinball.

1. The Nintendo Switch version will have portrait mode at launch however it might not have multiplayer or tournament mode.

2. Wintersports 2018 will be the next remake table on Steam.

3. The old version of the mobile will not be updated anymore.

4. We are going to release a new version for the mobile in the future.

5. The Steam, Mobile, and Nintendo Switch version will all be the same game however as mentioned it might launch without the multiplayer functions such as tournament mode, this applies for both Nintendo Switch AND mobile.

The good news is that all remakes will be available on each platform and include all features, bug fixes, textures etc the Steam version has.

6. We currently aim to release the mobile version in 2018.

From the comments:

The reason why we release a new version is that the engine and code that the mobile version currently runs has been so outdated that it will take a lot more time to get it back to the same status as the Steam version.

Once we release the new version on Steam then it will run the same build on all the platforms (Steam, Switch, and Mobile) we can update all the platforms with the same changes/updates.

For customers who already have Zaccaria Pinball either on their iPhone or Android, we have no way to check what customer has what content and owns what specifically.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?...393&id=1295457587239167&anchor_composer=false

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
^ thanks - well I think it would be pretty easy to see what content I have - gold subscription = all of the 37 tables released to that point. But I remember it was a steal at $20 so I would be happy to re-purchase and support them - They were super cool to mobile during the initial development - at least until they fell in love with steam and totally forgot about mobile!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
First I’ve heard of the new iOS app. I have the zaccaria with the gold level. Don’t have a pc so haven’t followed the continued development closely - what are the goodies coming to the new app? New tables, physics, lighting,editor?

I spoke with them in Facebook messenger not that long ago and was told they plan to release the new iOS app before the end of 2018. It certainly could be delayed by a million different things, but I like they they are shooting to release this year.

I have the old iOS app (gold) as well. Still play it and enjoy it. Very excited to see what new and improved items the new app will have.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
For the record, it wasn't an intentional "forget about mobile". As a company, it made sense to use the PC as the development platform. Once it's out of early access (or near it, it's been two years in EA), it then makes sense to move onto other platforms. There has been some decent ugly bugs every now and then, which is A-OK with the PC EA label but not ok on mobile and other platforms. I wouln't be surprised though if the new mobile game requires a certain hardware device as a min spec, compared to the old release.

Now they are at a mature place, ready to spread their wings. I will totally be buying their gold/platinum package when they release on iOS.

Members online

Members online