FX3 X-Arcade Nudging Script + Menu Navigation

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just checked my script and indeed it doesn’t do anything to the flipper buttons. There must be something else going on with your setup there.

For the non-side buttons, my script will only work with the default tankstick setup, so if you reprogram anything then it won’t work properly.

I made you a simple version of the script that only adds in nudging. Here ya go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1x5kzz8euqerr5/FX3AutoHotkey2.ahk/file

Here are the contents of the script so you can see that it will only give you nudging by rebinding the mouse buttons to the Z and / keys:

Code:
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Pinball FX3.exe
LButton::Z
RButton::/

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I saw the notice on X-Arcade’s website for the upgraded board. I wonder if this will allow me to program the second set of side buttons to nudge through Steam instead of having to run a script to do so? Or if the new board will now allow the second set of side buttons to be programmable by keyboard. The new board is only $31.99 so it would be worth it to me.

Found a review of the new board on youtube (14 hours old) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMkxJTW1t0

Lots of interesting observations - (spinner jumper!) xinput makes it into 2 xbox360 controllers in windows. Should be remappable within FX3 from there, but i dont know what that would mean to FX3 if two buttons were on one controller and the other 2 were on another.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
You are very welcome. Let me know if it solves your issue or if you need more help.

You the man Jeff!! The new script worked as advertised with my programmed settings. :D Thanks again. This is Pinball nirvana for me playing with the Tankstick and Zen’s new Williams tables.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Found a review of the new board on youtube (14 hours old) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMkxJTW1t0

Lots of interesting observations - (spinner jumper!) xinput makes it into 2 xbox360 controllers in windows. Should be remappable within FX3 from there, but i dont know what that would mean to FX3 if two buttons were on one controller and the other 2 were on another.

Thanks Narc. I will check out the review.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I use an X-Arcade Tankstick too, and my solution to key mapping was to use the programmable memory function and an old PS/2 keyboard. Once you remap the buttons and save it in a new memory bank, it's there all of the time just like the stock layout. It works really well for my wants. I don't use the trackball at all.
It's interesting to see your layout, it's very different from mine. I've swapped the physical positions of the trackball mouse buttons with the programmable ones so that the programmable ones are the furthest back and I use them for one set of flippers. I have another set of flipper buttons on top next to other buttons for nudging, plus the controls you need to play TPA. For Zen tables, I changed the Zen in-game mappings to match TPA's, so everything is consistent for me.
I've also been playing around with other brands of arcade buttons and switches. X-Arcade's stuff is ok, but there are better choices out there. GroovyGameGear has some especially nice buttons in several styles, my favourites being their CLASSX buttons which have a MUCH better feel over the stock X-Arcade ones. The CLASSX buttons work with regular microswitches of various activation weights or two types of leaf switches. Good stuff.

It's good to find another pinhead using a Tankstick. You play with it on your lap, right? Like a reeeaal man?

Hey dmil, what type of CLASS X buttons do you recommend using with the Tankstick? The Groovy Soft Touch, the Micro-Leaf or the True-Leaf Pro. I want to order a couple to test out as side flipper buttons to see if I like them better than the stock X-Arcade ones.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Updated the original post. Added a separate script for those who just want nudging.

Hi Jeff,
I hope you are doing okay and staying safe. I lost my nudging scripts for the second set of side buttons for my Tankstick and tried to recreate them on my own with Auto Hot Keys. The only one that is working is Pinball FX3. Would you mind looking at my scripts below for FX3, Zaccaria and Pro Pinball Ultra and let me know what I am doing incorrectly. Thanks so much!

#IfWinActive ahk_exe Pinball FX3.exe

#IfWinActive ahk_exe Zaccaria Pinball.exe

#IfWinActive ahk_exe Pro Pinball Ultra.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Members online