Pack 2 - Williams' collection guesses

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
My guesses for table pack 2 which aren’t really much different than other people’s.

AFM
CV
TOM
CP - oddball just like Junk Yard

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I predict non-DMD tables will come with enhanced versions that do feature DMD animations.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
They're going to split up the heavy hitters, that way each pack will be compelling. Therefore assuming there are no heavy licensed titles in the next few packs:

- Attack from Mars
- Tales of the Arabian Nights
- Whitewater
- Theatre of Magic
- Creature of the Black Lagoon
- Circus Voltaire
- Red and Ted Road Show

… will all be on separate packs or at worse, there may be two of these max as part of a pack. I predict you will not see the top 4 I listed as part of the same pack. These are carrots and we're the friggin horses who will follow wherever they are. I do agree with what was posted earlier: Once the first two pack are done, if they are able to, put one table per pack that hasn't been done in TPA

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I think there's a very good chance we'll see Champion Pub or Black Rose in the next volume. Pity, I don't mind Black Rose but I'm not much of a fan of Champion Pub.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
If they're looking for mass market 'standards' to start, Pinbot or Bride of Pinbot should be in one of the early packs. Hopefully BoP will offer a family mode disable since the table had no pro option in TPA.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
With their comment about 2019 being "very busy with releases," I am hopeful that will include an EM pack snuck in somewhere. But I wouldn't expect to see such a thing until probably like pack 6 or so.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Was just reading an article published today about how Zen edited out a bunch of stuff to keep the rating for kids. All scantialy cladness will be edited out on every table. No adult mode setting on any table and Im thinking sadly Scarred Stiff and Party Monsters will not be put out.

sh4wnsm1th

Oct 11, 2018
Surprisingly no one seems to be saying Pinbot. It's a fairly big name, unlicensed table, so I think that one, Attack from Mars. As far as any more, don't know, but do know that space shuttle & Fire! would be cool in pack 2. Also wouldn't mind seeing an EM just to see how Zen handles that kind of gameplay.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Surprisingly no one seems to be saying Pinbot. It's a fairly big name, unlicensed table, so I think that one, Attack from Mars. As far as any more, don't know, but do know that space shuttle & Fire! would be cool in pack 2. Also wouldn't mind seeing an EM just to see how Zen handles that kind of gameplay.

Reason being, most of us don't expect Zen to do a non DMD game for at least the first 3 packs. They need to get their Zen only customers to buy into the idea of real pinball tables, of which many have expressed on Zen's FB page that they don't want "boring old pinball". With DMD, it's at least something familiar to them and more promising of what they expect out of a modern game.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Reason being, most of us don't expect Zen to do a non DMD game for at least the first 3 packs. They need to get their Zen only customers to buy into the idea of real pinball tables, of which many have expressed on Zen's FB page that they don't want "boring old pinball". With DMD, it's at least something familiar to them and more promising of what they expect out of a modern game.

Also because the Jack*Bot conversion of Pin*Bot's playfield is such an improvement! : D

Sean

Jun 13, 2012

That’s kinda sad, but hopefully they’ll realise some quality earnings from both camps and just get into releasing both kinds to keep everyone happy. If they totally ignore the pre-DMD stuff, frankly that seems like a waste of the license - I mean there’s all kinds of tables they could do with the licenses they have. I got to play a widebody Amazing Spider-Man recently - that would be super cool to have access to in a digital sim!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I do like the Zen one; didn’t catch the manufacturer, so I guess we won’t see that, but there’s bound to be some oddball licensed machines from the 60s-70s in the WMS catalogue.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
They are not going to ignore pre DMD, it’s just going to be a few realeases before we see any I think.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Maybe im expecting too much with my theory here but i really do have a gut feeling the enhanced modes of older tables will feature newly created dmd animations. Zen DMD animations have never been all that great but its literally the first thing that pops out screaming enhance me. Zen has never put out a table without a dmd, and they clearly have people who make them on their team already.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe im expecting too much with my theory here but i really do have a gut feeling the enhanced modes of older tables will feature newly created dmd animations. Zen DMD animations have never been all that great but its literally the first thing that pops out screaming enhance me. Zen has never put out a table without a dmd, and they clearly have people who make them on their team already.

You're not off base at all. I specifically mentioned to Mel that if they were to do Whirlwind, it should have a DMD for the enhanced version, or do what they did for BoP 2.0, because why not? The only stipulation he said regarding older games was that they will not create their own rules, like BoP 2.0 did. Otherwise doing something like a DMD version of the score with maybe some dot animations is possible and open for discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.