Pack 2 - Williams' collection guesses

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the more and more I play the more I`m looking forward to all the animations on there way !!!:cool: as I love both fantasy and real pinball , when I first heard Zen got WMS , I never thought of the animations. now I`m looking forward more to the animations than what tables that are coming . this is what I call fun , my fave table is Taxi , I hope they bring it , I can`t wait to see what they do to it !!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Mel has stated that with licensed IPs, they have to be separated from other IPs as the holder wants all the attention on their table. Plus mixing brands can be tricky.

From everything he has said, it sounds like the first 3 volumes will all be non licensed IPs. But hey, they might surprise us (just not with the second volume).

Those manuals in the video are probably the biggest indicator of what's to come, and I too like the idea of the next volume being all Bally. I do wonder (and sorta hope) if they'll make a new column for Bally tables and keep Williams separate. I also wonder if they were to take the idea I inquired about of say making Indiana Jones and then 2 other original tables from that license (Short Round table!), would there just be an Indiana Jones column and the Indy table would be there and not in the Williams column.

I suspect we'll be seeing only DMD for the next 2 volumes too, as that's the simplest and safest path for Zen to take while trying to make sense of how their customer base is going to react.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
So what you're saying is my guesses are the best.

(You probably already know the next pack, what a tease.)

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Funhouse seems like an obvious one to go with. Theater of Magic would seemingly be a very interesting selection, if not very ambitious.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Attack From Mars
White Water
Theatre of Magic
The Shadow

Surely they HAVE to have at least one table in the next pack that wasn't in TPA??

Colywobbles

Sep 9, 2018
I’ll be buying the next volume no matter what it brings just to support Zen and the wonderful enhancements they have brought to the originals as even though I currently own 3 pins and in fact more than 30 over the years I’m just loving the animations and effect which in a vpin brings em right up to date IMO.

Anyway my guesses
AFM - owned 2 in the past and this alone justifys the whole pack for me
TOM - owned this but quickly sold on as found a little easy and repetitive (a mate owns one)
CP - also owned but theme didn’t work for me so off it went
BR - scrapped one of these for parts

In my dreams
TAF - had a beautiful Gold version but sold as offered mad money for it
MB - regret selling mine, easy but tons of fun, this is perfect for Zen to enhance
TZ - I own one now but would love to see the enhanced version (so many toys)
BBB - yep it’s capcom but like I said one can dream

Either way whatever Zen brings in volume two has me really excited

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
In my dreams
TAF - had a beautiful Gold version but sold as offered mad money for it
MB - regret selling mine, easy but tons of fun, this is perfect for Zen to enhance
TZ - I own one now but would love to see the enhanced version (so many toys)
BBB - yep it’s capcom but like I said one can dream

Not going to happen. Odds are they might end up under a separate category according to the license holders. They don't like having packs of different companies bundled together (Universal and Paramount for instance).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thinking about what they said about being unable to mix in games from different licenses, they may do a Bally only pack. Then again, since Bally and Williams are basically one, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mix between the two. If they keep focusing on DMD games for now:

Attack From Mars is a very strong candidate.
Theatre of Magic is strong.
Cirqus Voltaire is a great one.

...the 4th table is a toss up. Out of the non-licenses, I'd like to see TotAN done first.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The licensing comments from Zen are interesting.

Both Junk Yard and Getaway have some minor licensing with their main tunes but I suspect Zen is talking about a fully licensed table (TZ, STTNG, etc) not being packed with other tables.

I don’t see why the Bally vs. Williams title should matter. They were both the same thing in the 90’s. Other than the fact that Steve Ritchie games were always under the Williams brand. Not that it matters.

It does seem like Zen is following the same mindset as FarSight in that they’re not sure about the future of this title so they’re gonna release the “best” stuff first.

Did Zen in the interview if the next pack will be out before the end of the year?

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
i do recall here's supposed to be a second pack this year, and many more next year.

From the FAQ:

"How many tables do you plan to release within a year?
We are launching 4 tables with the first release, and we should have another 4 tables out before the end of 2018. 2019 will be very busy with releases, you will not be disappointed!"

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The licensing comments from Zen are interesting.

It does seem like Zen is following the same mindset as FarSight in that they’re not sure about the future of this title so they’re gonna release the “best” stuff first.

Soft licenses that don't require a huge payout vs licensing an entire IP, that's the difference. We won't be seeing any licensed IPs until around Volume 4 according to comments Mel has made.

Zen also commented on releasing the 'best stuff', in that those AAA are the most requested and they also have to factor in all their Zen customers who never bought TPA titles. They are most certainly not following FarSight's 'model', which is to say FarSight didn't have a long term plan at all. Zen on the other hand is playing a long game but they most certainly wanted to make a splash right off the bat. And just wait until those licensed tables do start rolling in, as they'll be doing stuff, without those god forsaken kickstarters, that FarSight simply wouldn't pony up for.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah, the fact that Zen already has so many licensed original tables tells me all I need to know about the potential for licensed Williams tables to come out. And while it seems like they're starting with packs of tables, Zen certainly isn't beyond releasing a single table (The Walking Dead or Portal both spring to mind). They could absolutely just release Twilight Zone by itself for a few bucks.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Earthshaker
Whirlwind
Cyclone
Hurricane

tagline : This table pack blows.

Sorry Comet - you'll have to wait for the space themed pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.