Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 149

Thread: Pack 2 - Williams' collection guesses

  1. #1
    Senior Member Blkthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    378
    My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pack 2 - Williams' collection guesses

    Remember when we would try to guess what the next season would hold for TPA? We've seen the various videos of Zen Studios with some of the tables they get to play while there and most believe these tables will one day show up in the Williams Zen platforms so what are your thoughts about what we will see in pack 2? Here are mine:


    Attack from Mars
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Theatre of Magic
    Circus Voltaire

  2. #2
    Senior Member BostonBuckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    156
    My Devices
    IPad Air, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think yours is correct but just to be a little different.

    White Water
    Attack from Mars
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Theatre of Magic

  3. #3
    Senior Member EldarOfSuburbia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    3,809
    My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFM
    White Water
    ToTAN
    TOM

    Maybe they'll throw in a curveball but I doubt it.

    Here's a list WMS DMD pins with zero licenses attached (except for maybe some music):

    Bally:
    Party Zone* (* licenses attached to some music - may need to remove one or more music tracks e.g. Purple Haze, Pinball Wizard)
    Black Rose
    Pinball Circus (umm... don't see this happening)
    Theater Of Magic
    WHO dunnit (music)
    Attack From Mars
    Safe Cracker
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Champion Pub
    Cactus Canyon
    Revenge From Mars

    Williams:
    Hurricane
    Fish Tales (done)
    White Water
    The Getaway: High Speed 2 (done)
    Red & Ted's Roadshow (music?)
    Jack*Bot
    Tales Of The Arabian Nights
    Junk Yard (done)
    Medieval Madness (done)
    No Good Gofers
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

    Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    89
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it been mentioned anywhere if the "default" number of tables (where there aren't limitations caused by third party licenses) in a Williams pack is going to be 3 or 4 tables? Just with the first 4 tables being 1 free table, and 3 paid for not sure if that should be considered as a pack of 4 that happens to include a free one, or a pack of 3.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,348
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From the official FAQ:

    We are launching 4 tables with the first release, and we should have another 4 tables out before the end of 2018. 2019 will be very busy with releases, you will not be disappointed!

    4 MORE BEFORE 2019

  6. #6
    Senior Pigeon Kolchak357's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kutztown, PA
    Posts
    7,497
    My Devices
    iPad 4, iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthorne View Post
    Remember when we would try to guess what the next season would hold for TPA? We've seen the various videos of Zen Studios with some of the tables they get to play while there and most believe these tables will one day show up in the Williams Zen platforms so what are your thoughts about what we will see in pack 2? Here are mine:


    Attack from Mars
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Theatre of Magic
    Circus Voltaire
    If you are correct, I’ll be very interested to see Circus Voltaire. It’s one of those pins that I feel FarSight missed the mark on. Monster Bash is another I’d like to see, just to get the better art it deserves.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    644
    My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to see at least one table that hasn't been in digital form before for next pack.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Gorgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hell, Michigan
    Posts
    1,262
    My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will be 4 Bally Tables, so take Blkthorne’s picks, but swap TOTAN with Judge Dredd (which is in their studio). I know they said they aren’t doing licenses yet, but I don’t believe them. They mentioned Judge Dredd a lot in the Blahcade interview too, so I just have a gut feeling that it will be in the next pack.

    Also, swap out AFM for Champion Pub.

    So:

    Champion Pub
    Judge Dredd
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Theatre of Magic
    Last edited by Gorgar; 09-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mystman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    154
    My Devices
    iPod 5, PS3, Wii U, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure where, but I recall someone saying that the second pack would likely all be Bally. Which is disappointing to me because I really want Whitewater, but anyways, I'll guess

    Theatre of Magic
    Black Rose
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Champion Pub
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos

  10. #10
    Senior Member francis247uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    428
    My Devices
    PC, XBox One, Galaxy S8, iPad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Here's a list WMS DMD pins with zero licenses attached (except for maybe some music):

    Bally:
    Party Zone* (* licenses attached to some music - may need to remove one or more music tracks e.g. Purple Haze, Pinball Wizard)
    Black Rose
    Pinball Circus (umm... don't see this happening)
    Theater Of Magic
    WHO dunnit (music)
    Attack From Mars
    Safe Cracker
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Champion Pub
    Cactus Canyon
    Revenge From Mars

    Williams:
    Hurricane
    Fish Tales (done)
    White Water
    The Getaway: High Speed 2 (done)
    Red & Ted's Roadshow (music?)
    Jack*Bot
    Tales Of The Arabian Nights
    Junk Yard (done)
    Medieval Madness (done)
    No Good Gofers
    Please no Party Zone.....ANY other unlicensed table then Party Zone (shudder)

  11. #11
    Moderator Jeff Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    7,864
    My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis247uk View Post
    Please no Party Zone.....ANY other unlicensed table then Party Zone (shudder)
    Dr. Dude it is then!

  12. #12
    Senior Member wolfson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,777
    My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Party Zone , Dr. Dude ,Taxi . Zen usually bring a pack out around Xmas , I can`t wait to see all the animations , no matter which tables Zen throws our way !!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motordome
    Hardbody
    Millionaire
    Kings of Steel

    Actual guess:
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Black Rose
    Attack from Mars
    Theatre of Magic

    -I like the theory that pack 2 will be all Bally branded, after an all Williams branded pack
    -As stated, probably 4 more tables
    -I'm guessing all four will be big name Ballys. Junk Yard was the "smallest" name from pack 1, and it's still a pretty big name.
    -I do think there were clues in the original trailer, particularly the manuals
    -I don't think they plan on surprising us with licenses in pack 2. I think pack 3 will be when licenses start and pack 4 will be when we get our first grail.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-22-2018 at 03:12 AM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Hinph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    186
    My Devices
    Note 9, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    From the official FAQ:

    We are launching 4 tables with the first release, and we should have another 4 tables out before the end of 2018. 2019 will be very busy with releases, you will not be disappointed!

    4 MORE BEFORE 2019
    Damn, wasn't expecting that! Ending the year right with pinball and Smash Bros.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kinggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    1,003
    My Devices
    Galaxy Tab 7, Xperia Z2 tablet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Dr. Dude it is then!
    yes please. And then Party Animal. And then Party Zone .
    Dear FS, Special Force and Radical, please.

  16. #16
    Senior Member kinggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    1,003
    My Devices
    Galaxy Tab 7, Xperia Z2 tablet
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    I think it will be 4 Bally Tables...
    Blackwater 100
    Radical! (heh.... proto would be nice)
    Special Force
    Spectrum

    At this point I'll rather take new tables then recycled ones from TPA. Not that most of them don't need a refresh but there's so many great ones that we don't even have in digital yet.
    Dear FS, Special Force and Radical, please.

  17. #17
    Member dmil666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    74
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Dr. Dude it is then!
    That's harsh, man....
    Last edited by dmil666; 09-22-2018 at 03:13 AM.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just think, the Party quadrilogy could be an entire pack.

    Locking Elvira behind the other 3.

  19. #19
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    757
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    I think it will be 4 Bally Tables, so take Blkthorne’s picks, but swap TOTAN with Judge Dredd (which is in their studio). I know they said they aren’t doing licenses yet, but I don’t believe them. They mentioned Judge Dredd a lot in the Blahcade interview too, so I just have a gut feeling that it will be in the next pack.

    Also, swap out AFM for Champion Pub.

    So:

    Champion Pub
    Judge Dredd
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Theatre of Magic
    tbh I'm not a fan of Champion Pub but I'd be happy with the others.

    You may be onto something there though, if Zen are planning another 4 tables before the year end...

    It's possible that table packs will remain at 3 tables per pack, with the fourth release being a separate one for a licensed table (obviously Judge Dredd in your choices).

    Think about how Zen released The Walking Dead table or Portal as separate tables...

    I believe Zen may well release their heavily licensed tables as separate items. They might even have to.

  20. #20
    Member dmil666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    74
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    tbh I'm not a fan of Champion Pub but I'd be happy with the others.

    You may be onto something there though, if Zen are planning another 4 tables before the year end...

    It's possible that table packs will remain at 3 tables per pack, with the fourth release being a separate one for a licensed table (obviously Judge Dredd in your choices).

    Think about how Zen released The Walking Dead table or Portal as separate tables...

    I believe Zen may well release their heavily licensed tables as separate items. They might even have to.
    That's an interesting thought - I have no idea what is involved in marketing a product that is licensed six ways to Sunday. Maybe releasing that sort of table individually is the only way to do it, realistically. If someone who knows about this sort of thing can chime in, I think that we'd all be grateful.

    Yeah, Champion Pub isn't one of my favourites either, and a Zen-improved spitting contest isn't something I really want to see. I'd much prefer Attack from Mars. Or Mars Attacks, if such a thing exists.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

  21. #21
    Senior Member wolfson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,777
    My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the more and more I play the more I`m looking forward to all the animations on there way !!! as I love both fantasy and real pinball , when I first heard Zen got WMS , I never thought of the animations. now I`m looking forward more to the animations than what tables that are coming . this is what I call fun , my fave table is Taxi , I hope they bring it , I can`t wait to see what they do to it !!!

  22. #22
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,190
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mel has stated that with licensed IPs, they have to be separated from other IPs as the holder wants all the attention on their table. Plus mixing brands can be tricky.

    From everything he has said, it sounds like the first 3 volumes will all be non licensed IPs. But hey, they might surprise us (just not with the second volume).

    Those manuals in the video are probably the biggest indicator of what's to come, and I too like the idea of the next volume being all Bally. I do wonder (and sorta hope) if they'll make a new column for Bally tables and keep Williams separate. I also wonder if they were to take the idea I inquired about of say making Indiana Jones and then 2 other original tables from that license (Short Round table!), would there just be an Indiana Jones column and the Indy table would be there and not in the Williams column.



    I suspect we'll be seeing only DMD for the next 2 volumes too, as that's the simplest and safest path for Zen to take while trying to make sense of how their customer base is going to react.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  23. #23
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is my guesses are the best.

    (You probably already know the next pack, what a tease.)

  24. #24
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,190
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    So what you're saying is my guesses are the best.

    (You probably already know the next pack, what a tease.)
    I honestly don’t know the next pack. Yet.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    146
    My Devices
    Android,ps3,pc,ps4,xbox one,switch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as I get radical by the end of 2019 I'm happy with whatever they put out

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •