Pack 2 - Williams' collection guesses

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe im expecting too much with my theory here but i really do have a gut feeling the enhanced modes of older tables will feature newly created dmd animations. Zen DMD animations have never been all that great but its literally the first thing that pops out screaming enhance me. Zen has never put out a table without a dmd, and they clearly have people who make them on their team already.

I was kinda assuming they would add a DMD to table without them as well. Might be a good question to ask them. I'm sure they could do a good job with it. I really don't care, but a lot of their existing customers might like a DMD added.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You're not off base at all. I specifically mentioned to Mel that if they were to do Whirlwind, it should have a DMD for the enhanced version, or do what they did for BoP 2.0, because why not? The only stipulation he said regarding older games was that they will not create their own rules, like BoP 2.0 did. Otherwise doing something like a DMD version of the score with maybe some dot animations is possible and open for discussion.

A DMD for Fun House would be great, because it was I believe originally planned to be the first WMS with a DMD.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
One thing id really love to know is will these table packs get the vr treatment. Some table packs like the Universal Films one as an example released for fx3 and then were shortly after down ported to fx2 for vr. fx3 made improvements but also threw out vr. Perhaps one day our fx3 purchases will be upgraded to fx4 with vr? ...not that I even have a vr head set but this would be the thing that actually will make me get one.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Can remember having this argument on Facebook on my weekly wish list for TPA about having older tables on my list, this one guy said anything before the 90's was absolute trash and they should only focus on anything after that, he then proceeded to say how awesome it would be to have Flash Gordon and Paragon, which are two tables from '81 and '79 respectively.:confused:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah a lot of newer tables just don’t feel right to me - too many plastic toys and what appears to be use of magnets to guide the ball. The early solid states just feel more real to me. I do like some of the modern Sterns, however - that Batman machine that came out recently based on the 60s TV show is pretty amazing, though the colour DMD is even more of an unnecessary distraction than the old amber ones were.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
bavelb , me too !!!:cool:

Me too! I love "Taxi", played it a lot in real life.
i hope we wont start a "metoo-debate":D

Also hope, that Fathom, Funhouse, Centaur, 8BD and Sorcerer will make their way to ZEN.

By the way: Don´t care for DMD.

Last edited:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
One thing id really love to know is will these table packs get the vr treatment. Some table packs like the Universal Films one as an example released for fx3 and then were shortly after down ported to fx2 for vr. fx3 made improvements but also threw out vr. Perhaps one day our fx3 purchases will be upgraded to fx4 with vr? ...not that I even have a vr head set but this would be the thing that actually will make me get one.

I sure hope they do VR at some point. That seems like the ideal way to play digital pinball. Oculus Quest is looking like a pretty compelling product that I'm hoping Zen supports.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Me too! I love "Taxi", played it a lot in real life.
Depending when you ask me, my favourite table is either Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Ripley's Believe it or Not....or Taxi.
Go figure :)

sh4wnsm1th

Oct 11, 2018

Kind of agree, some of my favorite tables I've played in real life are Pinbot, Strikes & Spares, Stars, Fire!, Jokerz, Pool Sharks, & Freedom. I tend to love these, due to that feel of something old, plus I love the artwork, sometimes newer tables worry more about too much complexity in the rules, and toys. Might just be me, but I dig simplistic rule sets, they're just more fun. Also with Zen taking over, I wouldn't mind seeing their physics with Eight Ball Deluxe, a table that can kick your booty irl, would love to see it translated to the superior physics of Zen's recreations.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
A DMD for Fun House would be great, because it was I believe originally planned to be the first WMS with a DMD.

I know that Funhouse exists in a System 11 and WPC version but I don't think a DMD was planned for it.
T2 was the first one designed with DMD but Gilligan's Island was the first to actually be released if I remember correctly.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
actual prediction:

WHO Dunnit
Attack from Mars
Theatre of Magic
Black Rose

dream prediction:
SPORTS PACK
NBA Fastbreak
World Cup Soccer (non-Fester'd edition)
Corvette
No Fear

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I doubt Zen will be releasing anything by JT his charges got allot worse then they already were.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I doubt Zen will be releasing anything by JT his charges got allot worse then they already were.

Really? People are still claiming to feel dirty playing his designs? I don’t in any way associate those tables with his actions, and 99% of the Zen customers out there won’t even know his name, let alone the charges leveled against him. Honest question; is there anything on the tables that even gives a hint to his perversion? And it’s not like he’ll be making any money off sales, there are no residuals.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Really? People are still claiming to feel dirty playing his designs? I don’t in any way associate those tables with his actions, and 99% of the Zen customers out there won’t even know his name, let alone the charges leveled against him. Honest question; is there anything on the tables that even gives a hint to his perversion? And it’s not like he’ll be making any money off sales, there are no residuals.

I concur. You are talking about one guy out of an entire team of folks who put these tables out.....

-Ski

Members online

Members online