Is there a reason to keep SPA?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The Stern tables seem to be working fine in TPA now. Are there still performance issues I’m not noticing or can I save some space on my iPad and PC?

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
Not on PS4 there not!? still cant access them in PA, (not without paying for them again) still playing them in stern. Not even sure which version whoa nellie and big buck are going to appear, both?.....

Given how silent farsight now seem to be, where's that Tom guy now? im not even convinced anything else will be done to sort it out. Got a feeling ac/dc mustang and star trek will be on their own in the stern version forever.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
In iOS the TPA app still doesn’t recognize the tables I’ve purchased in SPA (I have logged-out and back in on both apps on numerous occasions.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
SPA is set to get a new look and launch at least in VR form in the next few weeks. That'll be the basis for where SPA goes from there, even in non VR form. Also the tables in SPA have been, for lack of a more technical term, dumbed down to work within TPA. SPA carries higher system requirements and does not use emulation but works off direct code.

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
SPA is set to get a new look and launch at least in VR form in the next few weeks. That'll be the basis for where SPA goes from there, even in non VR form. Also the tables in SPA have been, for lack of a more technical term, dumbed down to work within TPA. SPA carries higher system requirements and does not use emulation but works off direct code.

So really we'd be better off just leaving them in stern then i presume, other than to have them altogether for convenience. Are BBH & nellie to be released in both PA and Stern for PS4, any idea?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don’t know the actual plans for those. SPA is supposed to be moving to a free-to-play model that I believe will debut on the VR version. We’re gonna have Mike from FarSight in on the podcast real soon, so hopefully we can all find out more then.

Mar 9, 2012

That says alot about Farsight.. Lets stick with the piece of **** old engine instead

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I don’t know the actual plans for those. SPA is supposed to be moving to a free-to-play model that I believe will debut on the VR version. We’re gonna have Mike from FarSight in on the podcast real soon, so hopefully we can all find out more then.

This sounds like "advertisement or subscription" for me.

You told they want to release it in the next few weeks.. 2 weeks ago they said it is ready for release. Given the fact that they planned to release it 2 years ago, I wouldnt be suprised if I play those new Zen stuff in VR, before SPA VR ist there.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
This sounds like "advertisement or subscription" for me.

You told they want to release it in the next few weeks.. 2 weeks ago they said it is ready for release. Given the fact that they planned to release it 2 years ago, I wouldnt be suprised if I play those new Zen stuff in VR, before SPA VR ist there.
Relax, They will announce again some SPA VR in thursday on the next stream, week later They release free2play app (tokens - 25 cents per game)... no, really i don't know... but i've spend so much money for TPA on so many platforms, even bought year ago oculus rift (699€) to play TPA in VR (before that i have seen some dk2 TPA videos - didn't get it it's dk2 "exclusive")... so now i don't care how soon ("very soon";) yep, i've read the last newsletter) They make SPA avaiable 4 Rift... now i just trying to enjoy some short sessions of "regular" TPA and other arcade old fart sh... ;)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Relax, They will announce again some SPA VR in thursday on the next stream, week later They release free2play app (tokens - 25 cents per game)... no, really i don't know... but i've spend so much money for TPA on so many platforms, even bought year ago oculus rift (699€) to play TPA in VR (before that i have seen some dk2 TPA videos - didn't get it it's dk2 "exclusive")... so now i don't care how soon ("very soon";) yep, i've read the last newsletter) They make SPA avaiable 4 Rift... now i just trying to enjoy some short sessions of "regular" TPA and other arcade old fart sh... ;)

Hey mate, you should try FX2 VR, some tables are really good. Zaccaria isnt bad as well. I got some issues on nudge and rumble there.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Hey mate, you should try FX2 VR, some tables are really good. Zaccaria isnt bad as well. I got some issues on nudge and rumble there.

Hey.
I've play both of them - first impression - jaw drop. FX2 VR 4 now have only fantasy tables (i've enjoy them anyway) top notch quality. I Like Zaccaria too, rich setup, some nice ideas like "save flippers" & bonus ball (in youth i've seen some of this Italian tables in arcade - they was cheaper then US pin import, so more common in my country these days) - perfect immersion with oculus & x-arcade - i miss only physical feedback. I can only complain about this products "easynes" - it's arcade so should be more cruel or brutal - "faster drain Your pocket" (in old way - god save me from "tokenware" or "comercialware"). I've played some future pinball tables too... gfx is mostly beautyfull (love just to look on playfield from different angles, esspacialy this one which i"ve never seen) - unfortunatelly physics is unacceptable (2.5/6... zed or custom). I like TPA ball, maybe isn't really wild but it's OK.

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
The Stern tables seem to be working fine in TPA now. Are there still performance issues I’m not noticing or can I save some space on my iPad and PC?

You can't buy/play limited edition tables in TPA. They are only avaiable in SPA.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
SPAVR free to play model? Oh no... :(

Oculus connect is tomorrow so I suspect we will be hearing the official news on SPAVR tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.