Arcade 1Up Mini Arcades

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I know a lot of you are very MAME capable but is anyone interested in these 60 pound IKEA furniture mini arcades?

Though I'm very pinball capable, I've never delved into the arcade scene. I modified a Qanba Drone with a Sanwa stick and octogonal gate for games like Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom on my PS3/PS4 but playing faves like Centipede and Tempest with a dual shock just isn't the same without a trackball or spinner.

https://www.arcade1up.com

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9oUwSeQ-0

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Price is nice, but is there a way to add more games? Not sure it’d be worth for 2-4 games unless you were an absolute nut for a certain title.

Also they are a bit on the small side, eh? I guess they wouldn’t be bad for sitting down, but still might be a bit small, although I see they sell a riser.

44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a079.jpg

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Price is nice, but is there a way to add more games? Not sure it’d be worth for 2-4 games unless you were an absolute nut for a certain title.

Also they are a bit on the small side, eh? I guess they wouldn’t be bad for sitting down, but still might be a bit small, although I see they sell a riser.

44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a079.jpg

Sheesh. Even while sitting down, it still looks too low.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That ottoman is pretty gnarly. Thumbs up to that for sure.

Looks like that 12 in 1 actually comes with the riser.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The Pong Project is really neat. I played it at the Allentown Pinfest this past May. Unfortunately, it's 3k. Puts it into that "I'm so rich and have money to burn" spot.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I ordered the Atari deluxe cabinet that comes with the riser. Considering the controls and the cabinet, I think I'd be out more than $400 plus time and trouble if I did it myself. For classic Atari, it has the games you need, in my opinion, so it's good value. And...it just works.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The 12 in 1 looks like the way to go. I do have reservations about the button configuration for Asteroids tho'. Looks uncomfortable. Plus, that'd better be a weighted spinner.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Yeah, that button configuration is my biggest worry. I considered maybe just getting the separate asteroids and centipede ones, but the price savings for the deluxe is too much and it includes the riser.

I even did mock ups based on the pictures and measurements to test hand placement. I think it's doable but might have to use my third instead of middle finger for the fire button. Could be my estimates were off and it will be no problem. We'll see after it arrives.

But the value plus Asteroids Deluxe and the other three additional made it too hard to pass up. $400 for the deluxe as compared to $680 for two separate cabs, riser, and four fewer games.

Still....that layout haunts my dreams in the meanwhile. And each day I still ponder cancelling and ordering the separate units just because of the buttons.

But, if I really can't stand the layout I could still get Asteroids separately and only be $20 worse off and still have twelve games...with four duplicates.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It does seem like good value for someone who doesn't want to tinker, and really wants the feeling of sitting in front of an actual cab.

Pretty cool that they were able to get into so many big name stores. I would think these are probably rather hot items with all the classic console releases going on and what not.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
It’s “OK” ... but my “Vertigo” is a full sized PC-based cabinet with Joystick and Trackball controls included ... so I’m “good” ...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah ... But since I purchased it basically to play the Pinball sims, the whole “Arcade thing” is sort of a free bonus! :cool

No doubt about that! It truly is a dream setup.

These are a cool alternative for folks on a budget.

Personally I don’t mind just playing on my PC with an X-arcade controller, but I get the appeal of having a dedicated cab for sure. Also a great conversation piece and something to impress your friends :cool:

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, that button configuration is my biggest worry...

All that needs to be done is add 1 more button above the 1 marked "e" and all is well. Personally, I would drill a new hole and add a button. Wire it directly to "e" to duplicate the function.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
All that needs to be done is add 1 more button above the 1 marked "e" and all is well. Personally, I would drill a new hole and add a button. Wire it directly to "e" to duplicate the function.

Yeah, if the button layout proves troublesome that's the backup plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.