New Newsletter that came out today.. .

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Honestly I wish them the best, but releasing this the same month as the new Mario Party on the Switch? Ouch.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Don't feel too bad, they'll make more money off of this than they would have off of a table pack.

The Game Party series on Wii all hit platinum. They sold millions of downloads of them.

Different time, different audience. The Wii was built on these types of games and catered to a market that has changed in the interim. I would think most of the casual/party gaming audience evaporated or moved on to tablets and mobile. I personally knew many non-gamers who bought a Wii but didn't stick with gaming beyond it.

At any rate, I wish Farsight all the best with their endeavours.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I mean, it'd be nice if that were true, but casual shovelware is indeed still a huge market. 3DS eShop, Switch eShop, mobile, Vita PSN, PS4 PSN, Steam, they're all packed full of it. Companies wouldn't keep pumping it out like crazy if it wasn't selling. It's not a past gen thing. While the Wii U failed to capture the casual gaming market like the Wii, the Switch has been enjoying much more success in that regard.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I mean, it'd be nice if that were true, but casual shovelware is indeed still a huge market. 3DS eShop, Switch eShop, mobile, Vita PSN, PS4 PSN, Steam, they're all packed full of it. Companies wouldn't keep pumping it out like crazy if it wasn't selling. It's not a past gen thing. While the Wii U failed to capture the casual gaming market like the Wii, the Switch has been enjoying much more success in that regard.

Exactly. The biggest mistake Nintendo made with the Wii U was calling it the "Wii U" instead of something entirely different. Imagine if they'd called the Switch the "Wii Plus" or something equally nonsensical.

The casual party gaming console of choice merely skipped a generation, both in the way Nintendo are marketing the Switch, and in the way it's been adopted by users. That said, Nintendo are also going after the PS/XBox-type gamers much better than they ever have.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
You know what would sell digital beer pong better? Clearly an anthropomophic cartoon bro Frog named Farey the Far Out Frog. And his catch phase could be "Drink up @#$%!'s". People love party tech demos.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.