Dmdext appears to have broken with new FX3 release

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
My pindmdv3 isn't displaying any DMD in the new FX3 using DMDExt. I just get a blank dmd. The dmd is working properly everywhere else so I am guessing where dmdext was reading the data changed. The beta fish tales dmd worked fine on dmdext previously. All the other fx3 dmds stopped working as well. Can anyone confirm. I was just playing fx3 last night so the new build is the only change on my cabinet.

Moosebox

Sep 21, 2018
My pindmdv3 isn't displaying any DMD in the new FX3 using DMDExt. I just get a blank dmd. The dmd is working properly everywhere else so I am guessing where dmdext was reading the data changed. The beta fish tales dmd worked fine on dmdext previously. All the other fx3 dmds stopped working as well. Can anyone confirm. I was just playing fx3 last night so the new build is the only change on my cabinet.

Have you tried it with the legacy flag?

Note that while the current memory grabber code should also work for future Pinball FX3 versions, we obviously can't guarantee it. If a new version breaks dmdext, you should still be able to fall back to the legacy screen grabber that is used by Pinball FX2 by using the --fx3-legacy flag.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Have you tried it with the legacy flag?

Note that while the current memory grabber code should also work for future Pinball FX3 versions, we obviously can't guarantee it. If a new version breaks dmdext, you should still be able to fall back to the legacy screen grabber that is used by Pinball FX2 by using the --fx3-legacy flag.

No, I didn't see there was a legacy option added. I will give that a try over lunch.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you [MENTION=7482]Moosebox[/MENTION]. Confirmed that if you add the --fx3-legacy flag the DMD works again. Something still must have changed but this gets the DMD going again.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Yep, It did fix FX3 for me. I was able to removed the --fx3-legacy from my DMDExt command line. I was hoping that the TPA screen grabber code would be fixed too in the new version but that is still having issues.

Members online

Members online