Beta Testing with the demise of Google+

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Since Google suddenly decided to pull the plug on Google+ yesterday (https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45792349 et al), we need a new platform for the beta testing group.

Any ideas?

I'd suggest Facebook but I'm thinking not everyone would be on board with that.

Or we could get a private sub-forum here?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ha! The "10 months" bit was missing from every news article I read on it. Still, it's going away and unless Farsight decide to host their own internal G+ server and allow the beta test group access to it via VPN, a transition may still be necessary.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I really don't like the way this forum works, I can't copy/paste images directly which annoys me greatly. Discord is perfect, mobile, instant and you can grab people's attention better.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah the way Discord handles images can’t be beat. Not sure how good it would be for having multiple threads for different issues and revisiting old posts and what not, but it’d be great for just reporting bugs as they come along.

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah the way Discord handles images can’t be beat. Not sure how good it would be for having multiple threads for different issues and revisiting old posts and what not, but it’d be great for justing reporting bugs as they come along.

You can search and pin important things and categorize stuff. Or link to an external site that holds reports and organizes them, like trello.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Yeah the way Discord handles images can’t be beat. Not sure how good it would be for having multiple threads for different issues and revisiting old posts and what not, but it’d be great for just reporting bugs as they come along.

I'm sure we can organize it in a way that is effective. I think it'll be easier to communicate and report issues on discord rather than posting in the forums.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Getoff my lawn

Actuallymy short experience withdiscord i seen it used at least as a media enhanced irc so for clear cool nsise reportingim nit sure what the idea is.

Forums require a users topursu the subject matter with limited notifcation.

Get off my lawn

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.