Feedback and issues on FX3 Williams Pinball Vol. 1 - Release version

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
has anyone had video mode on MM yet? It's easy to get the 8 FIRE's but Merlin never lights to award me the mode. Also - how do you use your Troll Bombs in BFTK?

I have. I never found it easy to get vid mode lit though even in TPA. To use troll bombs, push the launch button.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
next question :) how is Wizard Score and Superscore calculated? I can't work out where those scores come from.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Here is a bug I have experienced on The Getaway in Survival Mode:

In survival mode, you are supposed to have infinite balls within a one minute time limit. I had a game where I drained a bunch of balls and they were returned to the plunger (normal behavior for survival mode). After quite a few drains, the game registered it as a drained ball, awarded bonus points and the game ended (I guess survival mode is set for one ball). I saved a video, but haven’t gotten to upload it. Is this a freak occurrence or has someone else experienced this too.

Also (unrelated), shouldn’t the game remember your preferences for the enhanced graphics? In the challenge modes, it keeps defaulting to the enhanced graphics and it is annoying having to press circle every time I want to play another game, even if I didn’t exit out of the table’s menu.

sh4wnsm1th

Oct 11, 2018
I don't know if it's a bug or a missed feature, but is there any reason there aren't any local machine scores. I've scrolled right, but FT seems to have uber high default goals @ around 250,000,000. My name appears at 2nd place, but I don't remember making the score, nor was there a name entry on any Williams tables.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Here is a bug I have experienced on The Getaway in Survival Mode:

In survival mode, you are supposed to have infinite balls within a one minute time limit. I had a game where I drained a bunch of balls and they were returned to the plunger (normal behavior for survival mode). After quite a few drains, the game registered it as a drained ball, awarded bonus points and the game ended (I guess survival mode is set for one ball). I saved a video, but haven’t gotten to upload it. Is this a freak occurrence or has someone else experienced this too.

I've had that happen once, but as I only had about 4 seconds left it timed out anyway rather than finish totting up the bonus points (wouldn't have scored enough to get another 60 seconds so didn't make much of a difference).

Edit : Just happened again - on the same game I also had the video mode run twice in a row without doing anything in between to start it again.

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
next question :) how is Wizard Score and Superscore calculated? I can't work out where those scores come from.

From an thread last year on the FX3 forums:

Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined

So given there are 82 tables currently, the max possible superscore should be 82,000, but I understand there have been glitches allowing people to get higher scores.

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I’m playing on Steam ... Can somebody please tell me the “magic button” to turn off “Family Mode”?
The lack of the voice work on MM may drive me back to TPA!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m playing on Steam ... Can somebody please tell me the “magic button” to turn off “Family Mode”?
The lack of the voice work on MM may drive me back to TPA!

It’s in the UI options. I think it’s off by default iirc.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
It seems that the aiming for Junk Yard in classic singler player (Steam cabinet version with arcade physics) is not right, When you want to hit the wrecking ball, you have to shoot the ball at the very first part of the flipper. I compared it with the Zen Physics version (single player), and there it feels right - the point when you have to shoot is closer to the middle of the flipper. It would be great if you could have a look at this. Otherwise great work Zen!

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
From an thread last year on the FX3 forums:

Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined

So given there are 82 tables currently, the max possible superscore should be 82,000, but I understand there have been glitches allowing people to get higher scores.

thank you.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
has anyone had video mode on MM yet? It's easy to get the 8 FIRE's but Merlin never lights to award me the mode. Also - how do you use your Troll Bombs in BFTK?

I think you need 10 F-I-R-E's and then light Merlin's Magic by hitting those 3 stars next to the right orbit.

Troll bombs are used by hitting the plunger button.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
In MM are the catapult animals suppose to always have the same scores assigned to them? I remember in TPA they were different each game.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In MM are the catapult animals suppose to always have the same scores assigned to them? I remember in TPA they were different each game.

I’ve had scores shift from game to game, but it does seem that first launch frequently has the cat being worth 500k

Members online

Members online