Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 118

Thread: Feedback and issues on FX3 Williams Pinball Vol. 1 - Release version

  1. #26
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,192
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Chris, I'm not aware that this has already been applied. Has it?
    MM isn’t censored on PC, so yeah. It was in the beta.

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    89
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4life View Post

    One more thing, does anybody know what attract mode does in the options? It's off by default but I couldn't tell the difference with it on or off. The music still played when in flyby mode before starting a game.

    I've googled it and I'm fairly sure attract mode is the bit at the end of the game where 2 numbers match - default setting is normal, other setting think you can click a button (probably the launch button) to skip it.



    I now know where the music on BlahCade podcast came from - High Speed II the Getaway.

  3. #28
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    757
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    MM isn’t censored on PC, so yeah. It was in the beta.
    Ah right, nice

    There's no option to turn Family Mode on/off though? It's just off?

    Not that I'd want to switch it on

  4. #29
    Member Klopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I've googled it and I'm fairly sure attract mode is the bit at the end of the game where 2 numbers match - default setting is normal, other setting think you can click a button (probably the launch button) to skip it.
    I think it's the table playing music, flashing lights or otherwise calling out to attract passers-by. It only activates after you've played a game, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Ah right, nice

    There's no option to turn Family Mode on/off though? It's just off?

    Not that I'd want to switch it on
    It's off by default but you can turn it on in the options.

  5. #30
    Senior Member zmcvay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    249
    My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played much yet, but it looks like enabling attract mode leaves you at the table after a game until you press A to get back to the menu, so you can watch the attract mode sequence that plays when there's no game active. With attract mode off, it takes you back to the menu automatically after the match sequence.

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    GL
    Posts
    222
    My Devices
    p6800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Is the nudging the other way around? In TPA, i push the right stick left, the table moves left and the ball goes right. In FX3 it's set as "Invert Nudge ON" from TPA. Have i missed this option somehow?

    - More detailed options to set the controller buttons would be nice too, like in TPA.

    - Room Brightness slider. Has this been talked by the developers? It's something for the future, or we are stuck with default?

    - Slope adjustment. I feel the tables are way faster than what i was used to.

    - Also a slider or something that makes nudging more forgiving. A full flick of the stick should not give an automatic warning. Maybe TPA got us used to this, that's why an option for this would be welcomed.

  7. #32
    Member Klopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GI for Fish Tales is still not implemented.

  8. #33
    Senior Member Dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    143
    My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice that it doesn't show the ball trail for Fish Tales even though I have it on. Doesn't matter which mode, it never shows.

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    36
    My Devices
    Switch, ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing on nintendo switch. Fish tales. Arcade mode.

    When going tate and back to normal view again, the game, still in arcade mode, starts the animations added by Zen.

  10. #35
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,192
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plungemaster View Post
    Playing on nintendo switch. Fish tales. Arcade mode.

    When going tate and back to normal view again, the game, still in arcade mode, starts the animations added by Zen.
    You can turn on and off the animations in any of the 3 modes.

  11. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    11
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that vibration on my PS4 controller are extremely weak. I can feel them when ball hits the bumpers but this is about it.

    I have compared same tables with TPA and in TPA feeling is much better, at least for me.

    I am new with Pinball FX3 so I don't know if this is by design (hopefully not) or this is a bug.

    Otherwise, great job. Even my wife commented that tables are looking stunning!

  12. #37
    Junior Member Jake_Ry4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Oakland Park, FL
    Posts
    17
    My Devices
    Playstation 4, Xbox One X, Steam, Switch and Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p6800 View Post
    - Is the nudging the other way around? In TPA, i push the right stick left, the table moves left and the ball goes right. In FX3 it's set as "Invert Nudge ON" from TPA. Have i missed this option somehow?

    - More detailed options to set the controller buttons would be nice too, like in TPA.

    - Room Brightness slider. Has this been talked by the developers? It's something for the future, or we are stuck with default?

    - Slope adjustment. I feel the tables are way faster than what i was used to.

    - Also a slider or something that makes nudging more forgiving. A full flick of the stick should not give an automatic warning. Maybe TPA got us used to this, that's why an option for this would be welcomed.
    I've wondered that first question since I started playing Pinball FX. Seems complete opposite from the Pinball Arcade. I was trying to figure out which one is accurate to real life.

  13. #38
    Moderator Jeff Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    7,865
    My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iga_Biva View Post
    I noticed that vibration on my PS4 controller are extremely weak. I can feel them when ball hits the bumpers but this is about it.

    I have compared same tables with TPA and in TPA feeling is much better, at least for me.

    I am new with Pinball FX3 so I don't know if this is by design (hopefully not) or this is a bug.

    Otherwise, great job. Even my wife commented that tables are looking stunning!
    Agreed, vibration is weak on PC too compared to TPA.

  14. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    11
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Agreed, vibration is weak on PC too compared to TPA.
    Well, lets hope that this is a bug that will be fixed. For me, it is taking a lot from overal experience.

  15. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    My Devices
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a full slam of the stick would give a warning in real life. zen is totally correct in that regard.

    i think a full stick slam is more powerful then keyboard nudge. to not get a warning don't slam the stick so hard.

  16. #41
    Senior Member Gorgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hell, Michigan
    Posts
    1,262
    My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When playing in Arcade mode, 1 ball, 5 min mode, and the mode where you have to get a certain score in a minute to refresh the time, if you turn off the animations, they turn back on when you start the next game. I can understand it not saving for the next time you open the game, but why do I have to turn it off every time I start a new game in one sitting. Very annoying.

    Also, I have the fx turned off on all tables (ball trails and scores), but for some reason on Williams tables (not the regular ones), the scores still pop up whenever you hit a target.

    I’m on PS4 btw.

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    GL
    Posts
    222
    My Devices
    p6800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel nudging is unusable for me with the xbox gamepad. Even if you take it slower, tilting is very close. Double nudging is a no no. And the effect nudging has on the ball is insignificant compared to TPA. Add to that that the ball goes in the wrong direction when nudging, and the fun turns into a long rewiring of the brain...

    I think a "Tilt sensitivity - low, normal, high" would be perfect. Plus an "Invert nudge - On/Off", obviously.

  18. #43
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,192
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p6800 View Post
    I feel nudging is unusable for me with the xbox gamepad. Even if you take it slower, tilting is very close. Double nudging is a no no. And the effect nudging has on the ball is insignificant compared to TPA. Add to that that the ball goes in the wrong direction when nudging, and the fun turns into a long rewiring of the brain...

    I think a "Tilt sensitivity - low, normal, high" would be perfect. Plus an "Invert nudge - On/Off", obviously.
    That's kinda funny, because I always felt the nudging in TPA moved opposite of what I intended! I wound up inverting the nudge there to match Zen. As for the nudge effect, TPA was always way too powerful. Nudge a ball that hard on a real table and you'll tilt. Not to mention the fact you could do the impossible by nudging a ball while it rolled in an open playfield, which was totally unrealistic. Unfortunately TPA wired your brain wrong, so now's the time to "unlearn what you have learned"!
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  19. #44
    Member AcadDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    54
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    That's kinda funny, because I always felt the nudging in TPA moved opposite of what I intended! I wound up inverting the nudge there to match Zen. As for the nudge effect, TPA was always way too powerful. Nudge a ball that hard on a real table and you'll tilt. Not to mention the fact you could do the impossible by nudging a ball while it rolled in an open playfield, which was totally unrealistic. Unfortunately TPA wired your brain wrong, so now's the time to "unlearn what you have learned"!

    OR, stay with me now. Maybe don't nudge?

  20. #45
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,192
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcadDude View Post
    OR, stay with me now. Maybe don't nudge?
    Oh believe me, I’m right there. Especially on an actual machine.

  21. #46
    Senior Member xAzatothx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    816
    My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree about the nudging. On MM I find nudge behaves differently depending where the ball is on the table, up top not much happens but round by the slingshots it's moves too much. Sometimes you can completely change direction of ball which is unnatural. Sometimes the ball appears to bend in the air like there are magnets on the table. Not sure whether just my low FPS causing this or whether others seeing it too.
    To hit the castle gate you have to release the ball off the very start of the flipper which doesn't match the last RL table I played.
    Overall though really enjoying it but not enjoying the anti TPA ranting that is going on. Hopefully the dust will soon settle and we will be able to make less emotional comparisons.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

  22. #47
    Moderator Jeff Strong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    7,865
    My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p6800 View Post
    - Is the nudging the other way around? In TPA, i push the right stick left, the table moves left and the ball goes right. In FX3 it's set as "Invert Nudge ON" from TPA. Have i missed this option somehow?
    Just tested on PC and it behaves as it should. If I push the stick left, the table moves to the left and the ball moves right.

    Not sure if it's different on consoles. Seems weird if it is.

    EDIT:

    After testing in practice mode with tilt off, it does actually seem to be backwards
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 10-11-2018 at 06:46 PM.

  23. #48
    Senior Member EldarOfSuburbia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    3,809
    My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Just tested on PC and it behaves as it should. If I push the stick left, the table moves to the left and the ball moves right.

    Not sure if it's different on consoles. Seems weird if it is.
    That's what I'd expect as well and is what feels "natural" to me: I'm pushing on the right edge of the stick (i.e. with my "right hand") and pushing it to the left, so I'd expect both the stick and the "physical object" (i.e. the pinball table) to move to the left. And vice versa. The other way around is just weird.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

    Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

  24. #49
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,192
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    That's what I'd expect as well and is what feels "natural" to me: I'm pushing on the right edge of the stick (i.e. with my "right hand") and pushing it to the left, so I'd expect both the stick and the "physical object" (i.e. the pinball table) to move to the left. And vice versa. The other way around is just weird.
    And yet isn't it in TPA that if you push the stick to the left, the it's as if you pushed the left side of the table with your left hand? I think that's why I had to inverse it in TPA because it made no sense, whereas in Zen it behaves exactly as I would think.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  25. #50
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPA had it correct, directionally speaking. Pushing left moved the table left (which means using your right hand to push the right side of the machine to move it left), which moved the ball to the right.

    It was you inversion guys who were doing it backwards. Monsters, the lot of you.

    Unfortunately as of right now FX3's (and Zaccaria's) nudging also feels inverted by default on Switch. I hope they add the option to reverse it to the way it should be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •