FX3 Williams Pinball - Which table's enhanced graphic effects are your favorite?

Which table's enhanced effects are your favorite?

• Total voters

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think so, there's a score pop up entry that you can turn off, I think in the UI menu?

Maybe you can disable them while you have the effects on, however there does not seem to be a way to turn them on independently without the other effects, which is what Kolchak was wondering. They go bye-bye when you turn off the effects.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ok just checked the setting for it and you can disable them, but as I said, it only applies when effects are on. There is no way to have the scores on without the effects that I can see.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I’m not talking about the high score pop ups, but the little score pop ups on the table itself any time you score. I’m pretty sure those are tied directly to the extra animations, or no?

That was what I was talking about, the number pop-ups on the table that show up every time you score. They have nothing to do with the Williams animations, they've been a feature of FX pinball since at least FX2 and are independent of the extra animations created for the Williams tables. Score pop ups can be set under UI in options, at a threshold of when they appear (default of 1 point) and when they appear as bigger numbers (default of 1M points). I've confirmed they do show up when the Williams animations are off, at least on PC.

Edit: Did some investigation, and it looks like for some reason pop-up scoring is disabled on classic mode only (arcade or tournament) when you don't have the effects on. But in single player you can just have pop up scoring on without the effects. Pop-up scoring also shows up on non-Williams Zen Tables in classic mode. That may be a bug, or they may have figured that classic mode on the Williams tables should disable all effects. I'll report it as a bug to Zen, the enhancements really shouldn't override it when you can turn it off in the menu.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That was what I was talking about, the number pop-ups on the table that show up every time you score. They have nothing to do with the Williams animations, they've been a feature of FX pinball since at least FX2 and are independent of the extra animations created for the Williams tables. Score pop ups can be set under UI in options, at a threshold of when they appear (default of 1 point) and when they appear as bigger numbers (default of 1M points). I've confirmed they do show up when the Williams animations are off, at least on PC.

They do not show up for me with the animations off on PC, at least not in Arcade/Tournament mode as that's all I play. Interesting that they do for you.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just tested and you can toggle them independently in the default Zen physics mode, but not in Classic Arcade or Tournament mode...so yeah...bummer.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Just tested and you can toggle them independently in the default Zen physics mode, but not in Classic Arcade or Tournament mode...so yeah...bummer.

Yeah, sorry, I think we both figured that out at the same time. I switch back and forth between the two modes, but until I tested it specifically I thought I remembered seeing it in classic as well, turns out just not for Williams tables. Put in the bug report, hopefully it gets fixed. It's a feature from Zen I've always liked.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, sorry, I think we both figured that out at the same time. I switch back and forth between the two modes, but until I tested it specifically I thought I remembered seeing it in classic as well, turns out just not for Williams tables. Put in the bug report, hopefully it gets fixed. It's a feature from Zen I've always liked.

Right on. Thanks for submitting the report too.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
The thing that really turns me off the enhanced mode is losing those lovely reflections on the inner walls!

Cannot do without those!! :p

Also, got to give a little luv for JY enhanced mode. I like the fact that Zen took the route of just adding more custom toys, much the same way as would be applied to a limited edition of a real pin, without all the animated character stuff.

Ideally, I would have liked the toggle for enhanced mode to work like this:
1. Classic original table - no enhancements
2. Enhanced table 1 - New static toys added and perhaps some different materials (like a limited edition pin)
3. Enhanced table 2 - All Zen bells and whistles (New toys, animated characters and particle effects etc)

Gotta maintain those side wall reflections though! :p

wolfson

May 24, 2013
welcome to Zen world , this is my dream , Taxi , where a taxi drives around the edge of the play area , and the taxi driver with his or her head hanging out the window , yelling out , want a lift mate !!!!:cool: I`d be happy !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
welcome to Zen world , this is my dream , Taxi , where a taxi drives around the edge of the play area , and the taxi driver with his or her head hanging out the window , yelling out , want a lift mate !!!!:cool: I`d be happy !!!:cool:

Sounds like a pretty sweet dream :cool:

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
i like the enhancements but in my opinion they could go much wilder, i mean why not, the originals are there too with a press of a button.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
i like the enhancements but in my opinion they could go much wilder, i mean why not, the originals are there too with a press of a button.

They weren’t sure how far they could push it and wanted to see what the reaction to it was. I totally agree and say go nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.