BlahCade #151: Stern Pinball Arcade VR and Cabinet Shenanigans

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Incidentally on the horror movie thing...

A bunch of us once went to see Aliens with a 2L bottle of 7up that we'd 'modified' with vodka. I think we'd drunk it before the movie even started! That put a whole new spin on the movie :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

From then on we've always refered to a Vodka and 7up as an 'Alien' :eek:

Modified! Lol
Love inside joke stories like that. Cool memory.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A few buds and I went and saw Silence of the Lambs on Shrooms.. no doubt some people thought we were nuts.. laugh attacks lol

1308189768001.jpg

;)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I have to say I love Horror Movies, loved your list, my 10 Horror Movies are.

1) Halloween
2) Cujo
3) Pet Semitary
4) Creepshow 1 & 2
5) The Faculty
6) The IT Remake
7) Fright Night (1985 version)
8) Child’s Play series
9) Deep Rising
10) Ghostship

There you have it, just some of my favorite Horror Movies.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Good show, though the Farsight interview was a bit bittersweet; telling him how long the sale of the WMS license was in the works was a bit mean, too.

I was in California in July and saw a couple films at Cinemark and AMC and man I’m really disappointed with what’s happened to the moviegoing experience in America. The Superscreen show was underwhelming (I cant remember what they call it there): no Dolby Atmos and seating that made what is supposed to be a big screen look unimpressive. And both times the sound was just so low. Plus the audience was dead compared to a Scottish audience and that’s saying something! And the subscription services just sound like a major rip-off. I pay £18/month for unlimited viewings and %20 off concessions with Cineworld. Only restriction is I can only pre-book two shows at a time and if you no-show you can’t pre-book for the rest of the week. That movie pass thing sounded awful.

Agree with you guys on VR. I’m never using a gaming platform that requires me to wear something on my face and cuts me off from the world. Zero interest in even trying that. If it becomes the norm I got other things to do, so that’s fine.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have to say I love Horror Movies, loved your list, my 10 Horror Movies are.

1) Halloween
2) Cujo
3) Pet Semitary
4) Creepshow 1 & 2
5) The Faculty
6) The IT Remake
7) Fright Night (1985 version)
8) Child’s Play series
9) Deep Rising
10) Ghostship

There you have it, just some of my favorite Horror Movies.

Ahhh, can’t believe I forgot to put the new It on there! That was one of my favorite movies from last year.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You can always say you are waiting for part 2. ;)

Indeed I am! One of the things I indeed liked about it was it perfectly stands on its own with an angle for the possibility of more to come. I hate movies that think they are a franchise before the audience has given the first movie a thumbs up. LotR was obviously different, where no matter what we were going to get the entire trilogy. Some movies though fail to connect with the first, so no more are coming, but based on how it ended there was no satisfying conclusion, merely a cliffhanger. So no matter how much you might have like it, it feels incomplete and thus ruins the chances of you ever watching it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.