Kinect Support for Free to all Arcooda Pinball Arcade Customers

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I didn't get to spend a lot of time with it when I saw it up at FarSight, but there are certain tables that really come alive with it. I know for me Whirlwind really was a standout while something like AFM sorta fell into the novelty category. I think certain layouts just benefit more from it than others.

I agree AFM wsan't that impressive with it on. Dracula and Haunted house both were cool. I played a ton of Funhouse and Whitewater (use to own both these years ago) and really enjoyed it. Going to leave Kinect mode on for a while and see what I think after a few days.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
As stupid as this sounds, Black Hole with the Kinect add-on is just about a system seller. I dunno but the feeling of 3D is incredible with this add-on. I can't remember if I tried Haunted House, will have to check that one out too

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Anybody else having an issue where kinect is plugged into usb 3.0 and it says it's not connected to usb 3.0? I'll get it to power on for a few seconds but then shuts off.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I had trouble at first getting it to connect. I had everything plugged in by the Kinect SDK wouldn't see it. I stopped/restarted the service and it it has been fine since. I did read a blurb somewhere that if your USB controller
isn't Intel (and there was one other brand) then you may see those kind of issues. Not 100% but I can confirm my Dell has an Intel USB Controller.

Last edited:

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
I had trouble at first getting it to connect. I had everything plugged in by the Kinect SDK wouldn't see it. I stopped/restarted the service and it it has been fine since. I did read a blurb somewhere that if your USB controller
isn't Intel (and there was one other brand) then you may see those kind of issues. Not 100% but I can confirm my Dell has an Intel USB Controller.

Intel and Renesas chips are the ones supported, other might work but most likely with problems

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
Anybody else having an issue where kinect is plugged into usb 3.0 and it says it's not connected to usb 3.0? I'll get it to power on for a few seconds but then shuts off.

In the configuration verifier do you get image/depth data for a moment? Also did you check the privacy settings (W10)? I think the verifier is included in the sdk if not you can download here:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=513889

LucidLight

Jun 1, 2015
What is the minimum system requirements for you guys running Kinect. I get lag tracking my head. I am using AMD Phenom II X6 1090t, 4Gb ram, Geforce GTX 660, windows 10, and 1080p 47 inch.lg tv.

Members online

Members online