Fish tales flippersetting?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Ok, so I know FT has shorter flippers However has anyone ever heard of a flippersetting where you cant keep your flippers up for a cradle or catch?

Was at my local pinball arcade today and figured Id try FT out but then this weird thing, where I could only flip, happened. If I kept the button pressed it lowered again.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Oh, tad guilty I didnt let them know now.

I sort of assumed it was some sort of effed up tournament setting. They also had their Twilight zone ****ed up with a really annoying decal on the glass over the playfield. IT was the swirly Twilight zone logo stuck on the glass. So you have to peek through the swrls to follow and aim the ball. I figured it was for some sort of tournament or challenge, but it was really dumb. Talk about ruining a great playing game.

So I figured the FT was on purpose as well. Oh well. Thankfully everything else played great (and normal).

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have played on a real table (not FT and can't remember which) where it was set up like that, but it was done on purpose. It truly messes with your head. I've played on tables that were set up for foot peddles too, but the worst is when they set it up for 'drunk flippers' where left is right and right is left. In Cactus Canyon Continued that's actually a mode.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Not gonna lie, I usually just mash the flippers like a little kid when a game mode inverts them, unless I'm playing for score.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.