Medieval Madness on FX3

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Okay, the ball speed seems faster on FX3 compared to TPA. also, FX3 doesn't have the ability to play 4 players and have it count on the leaderboards like TPA and Stern TPA. The cool adjustability of the lighting that TPA and Stern TPA has is not there on FX3.

Have not been able to transfer the tables I own on FX2 on the 360 over to the XB1, but I don't sweat it. I have both decks sitting there and just swap the HDMI cable between them.

I am glad that someone got the Williams contract, I just hate that all those cool tables are gone for good. The Iron Maiden table based on the Somewhere In Time album cover art has not appeared as of yet.

Edit: and I've always thought TPA's Instructions were much better laid out, just more thought and care put into them over FX2/FX3.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Were you expecting the Iron Maiden table to be available? I mean c’mon! And yes, MM plays at the speed it should in FX3, while no, FX3’s instructions aren’t close to how complete they are in TPA. That’s actually the one win I give to FarSight. An argument could be made for lighting since TPA has it adjustable, except I’d argue it is always blown out and the light spreads in a flat plane rather than in a bubble like it does for Zen.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I had the same trouble importing my FX2 tables to the One. Zen knows of the problem and says to send an email to their support and they'll fix you up. Some of FX2 tables don't show up in FX3, though.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Now that you mention it, I'm still pissed that Ms. Splosion man was STOLEN from my FX2. There was another table too I think. Not cool!!!
My 360 games ported over the the XBone easy though.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
thanx 4 yr input. the Maiden table was just an idea i had, there is not actually one like that, tho the newest Maiden table is quite nice looking. i do wish the weekly and monthly leaderboards would return. spirit of seventysix was on a HOF disc now i can't find it anywhere online. old chicago was a cool em i'd like to see also. spirit does seems pretty close to bigshot, tho.

there are some HOF discs out there if anyone wants some of Farsight's Williams/Bally tables.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
everyone 5 tables didn`t make it to FX3 from FX2 , 2 South Park tables , Street Fighter 2 , Ninja Gaiden 2 and Plants and Zombies , I think because of licence .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the above was for XBOX , this was PS 6 tables didn`t come over to FX3 from FX2 , Football , 2 South Parks , Ninja Gaiden 2 , Plants and Zombies , Street Fighter 2 . on the PC 5 tables didn`t come to FX3 from FX2 , 2 South Park , Miss Splosion Man , Football and Plants and Zombies . :cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
strange about south park, bcuz i thought family guy, american dad and bobs burgers were from the same creators. also, why no king of the hill table?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
strange about south park, bcuz i thought family guy, american dad and bobs burgers were from the same creators.

Nope. South Park is Comedy Central (Viacom). Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, American Dad (formerly) and Archer were Fox properties, soon to be Disney. Although American Dad is now on TBS (Turner -> Warner -> AT&T).

also, why no king of the hill table?

It was already off the air, they probably felt it wasn't relevant anymore.

Last edited:

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
To clarify: I enjoyed & PAID FOR Ms Splosion Man, & the football (soccer) tables. They were removed from my Xbox FX2 with an update from Zen!!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Although American Dad is now on TBS

Anerican Dad still remains a Fox property. TV shows have owners, and broadcasters. Quite often they're the same company, as they develop the show and sell it to their network, but sometimes a show is developed by a studio and then picked up by another network. This is also true for many of the shows Netflix has; very few are actually owned by Netflix. Orange is the New Black is Lionsgate, House of Cards is Sony...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Anerican Dad still remains a Fox property. TV shows have owners, and broadcasters. Quite often they're the same company, as they develop the show and sell it to their network, but sometimes a show is developed by a studio and then picked up by another network. This is also true for many of the shows Netflix has; very few are actually owned by Netflix. Orange is the New Black is Lionsgate, House of Cards is Sony...

There was a time, prior to deregulation in the late 80's (I think?) when a network couldn't own the show it was airing, nor could it own the local affiliate it was broadcast on. I want to say the introduction of Fox as a network was when that change happened. And even though Fox had been producing television for many years (M*A*S*H comes to mind) I don't recall if their first shows for their own network were even Fox shows. That being said, who remembers The New Adventures of Beans Baxter? Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
The last few days im trying to shoot the catapult in MM (Tournament-mode) but i hit it really rarely from the right flipper. What are your best ways to do it in tournament mode?

[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]: im remembering parker lewis, great show :D

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If it's any consolation, hitting the catapult on a real MM is quite challenging too. I just tried it in FX3 though, and yeah it just likes to bounce of the post, doesn't it? I hit it from a runner, not once from a trapped ball. Like I said though, that's about the same result as when I've played it in the wild.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Anerican Dad still remains a Fox property.

Yeah, I goofed on AD's ownership. Not even sure why I thought Fox had sold it, when shipping the broadcasting rights around is the same thing they did with Futurama.

TV shows have owners, and broadcasters. Quite often they're the same company, as they develop the show and sell it to their network, but sometimes a show is developed by a studio and then picked up by another network.

I know.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
If it's any consolation, hitting the catapult on a real MM is quite challenging too. I just tried it in FX3 though, and yeah it just likes to bounce of the post, doesn't it? I hit it from a runner, not once from a trapped ball. Like I said though, that's about the same result as when I've played it in the wild.

I've played on a real MM for the first time ever (think before today I'd played on 2 pinball machines, now increased to about 25 - didn't have enough time to try all 50). After a few practice games I was trying to get as many bits done before Multiball Madness, and on that game think I hit the catapult once so think I only did joust and peasant. Saw much more clearly where the entrance for the catapult was, and after just having a better look in FX3 its clear enough there as well when zoomed in.

The machine I was playing on had a colour DMD - is that common or unusual for MM?

3 of the 4 FX3 Williams tables were there so I tried all of those as at least I knew the rules so didn't have to just "try and hit the flashy thing" that I did on some others.

Interestingly on Junk Yard I'm just as useless at running away from the dog on the real table as with using my steam controller - bonus point to Zen for accurate simulation there!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
ColorDMD on MM, MB, TAF, any of the top tables that sell for a lot, is quite common now. If you were playing the MM remake, it’s standard.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I goofed on AD's ownership. Not even sure why I thought Fox had sold it, when shipping the broadcasting rights around is the same thing they did with Futurama.

I know.

Sorry, it's 17 years of running TVShowsOnDVD.com that kicked in there. So many people don't separate the owners of the show, and the broadcaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.