Stern The Beatles Pinball

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It’s real and confirmed. A reskin of Seawitch which has had Pinside in a huff. Personally, I’m a fan of the band and am disappointed. I’m sure many of you could care less about the license but, nonetheless, The Beatles are still kinda a big deal.

I don’t mind that they focused on “Beatlemania” but Stern f’d this up with their song choices. So far, it looks like five songs and only three of them sort of fit. I still wished they did a full on Yellow Submarine pin with a fresh design and soundtrack.

The pricing hasn’t been announced yet but it’s supposed to be HIGH.

On the plus side, we should have hoped Stern has partnered with FarSight to make a digital version of this to make...more money? Right? I mean, it’s just a single layer playfield with probably limited rules.

I hope so because I’m not buying this 10k plus pinball machine and am glad I got my IMDN. But, I would buy a digital version.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-pinball/

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Seriously? After all these decades, we're getting a reskin? Seriously? The license is so expensive that there's no money left for original table design?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Batman 66, Supreme, Beatles.

Why make original machines when selling branding to rich collectors is so much easier?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I love Seawitch and the Beatles, but don’t want the two mashed together.
The Beatles are so big they deserve a fresh modern design all their own.
A Seawitch reissue would be great. That’s if they could do it for $4,500.

A guy on pinside said he was quoted $8,000, $12,000, and $20,000 prices on the three models.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I'll be Contrary Larry here for a minute and say I approve of Stern's design choice. They are specifically going for a 1960's vibe and considering the majority of their success was prior to modern pins, this layout seems to work, especially with the one observable mod: the spinning record disc. I do hope they add more songs (and they do after the fact, see GOTG), but until we see the ruleset which could really bring life to this pin, we just won't know.

A lot of people have had initial negative comments on TNA and IMHO, using an old early 80's style layout really worked with that pin. We will see.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I love Seawitch and the Beatles, but don’t want the two mashed together.
The Beatles are so big they deserve a fresh modern design all their own.
A Seawitch reissue would be great. That’s if they could do it for $4,500.

A guy on pinside said he was quoted $8,000, $12,000, and $20,000 prices on the three models.

Agree 100%. I´m a bit disappointed too. "The" Beatles-table deserves most possible effort. And it deserves a larger and better range of Songs. Only "ticket to ride" and "Drive my car" of the five included are real classics imho. A Beatles-table without Songs like Walrus, Strawberry fields, Day in the life, Helter Skelter......? Helter-Skelter-Ramp is a must to let get the player get "Blister on their fingers"!:eek:; "Come-together-Multiball" etc.
Another pont of view: this is the first of a range of Beatles-Tables, next will be from the "psychodelic-period" of the Beatles (Lucy in the Sky...). If so, there´ll be no reason to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'll be Contrary Larry here for a minute and say I approve of Stern's design choice. They are specifically going for a 1960's vibe and considering the majority of their success was prior to modern pins, this layout seems to work, especially with the one observable mod: the spinning record disc. I do hope they add more songs (and they do after the fact, see GOTG), but until we see the ruleset which could really bring life to this pin, we just won't know.

A lot of people have had initial negative comments on TNA and IMHO, using an old early 80's style layout really worked with that pin. We will see.

I’d be happier with a simple design if it wasn’t a reskin. It just feels so lazy. If they had come up with a cool design like TNA for this pin, I’d be much more positive about it. This just reminds me of the amateur reskins people bring to pin shows, not something the biggest pin manufacturer in the world put out for a huge licensed theme like Beatles.
I’m sure this will be fun to play. Seawitch is a lot of fun. One of my favorite classic Stern pins. But I expected something original and mind blowing for such a mega theme.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
that's a good point Kolchak. I think in this case, it's a "work for hire" project maybe and the assumptions on the ridiculous pricing may prove that and also as silverball suggests, may lead to other "Beatles era" pins

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
My personal hope is this is testing the waters for something bigger and better. Full-on Peter Max Yellow Submarine table, anyone? :)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I read a rumour that the licence that Stern got isn't actually straight the beatles but from an old BBC tvshow "ready, steady GO!". The Beatles were guests and recorded a couple songs and these are the songs and images the licence that Stern bought the licence for. Obviously extremely limited licence but the pin looks just like the show, the same songs are there and actually seems Stern milked the licence as much they could, so no, I don't think there's a yellow submarine edition around the corner. But I wouldnt be surprised if "she loves you" is the wizard mode or something.

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/RHukjCBwIII[/VIDEO

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The Beatles appeared three times on RSG but this was before Ticket To Ride and Drive My Car came out so I don’t know how they fit that assumption. Not to mention the fact that they were miming their songs. Not actually singing them live. Maybe they purchased the rights one of their medleys so it won’t feature the full songs?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
The Beatles appeared three times on RSG but this was before Ticket To Ride and Drive My Car came out so I don’t know how they fit that assumption. Not to mention the fact that they were miming their songs. Not actually singing them live. Maybe they purchased the rights one of their medleys so it won’t feature the full songs?

Oh ok interesting. I also just saw these 8 songs to be included they're not the same as the show:

A Hard Day's Night
Can't Buy Me Love
Ticket to Ride
All My Loving
Help
Drive My Car
It Won't Be Long
I Should Have Known Better

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...tles-pinball-machine-ever-made-300739419.html

Last edited:

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
i must say the table looks really well, but the song selection could be a lot better. Nevertheless i would love to play it in tpa.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I was hoping there'd be a ramp to shoot the ball up to the Apple rooftop.

I'd prefer either a pin that has elements from their entire career or a full on Yellow Submarine theme. We'll see how this works out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.