Pinball FX3 & other Pinball sales

lio

Jul 24, 2013
[MENTION=7198]TimeWalker[/MENTION]: Zen sent me FX3 keys as well.
It took a few days for them to reply but I am really happy with their support.

Apr 8, 2012
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forums yet, but Pinball FX2 VR and it's DLC is on sale for 50% off on the Playstation store right now for PS+ members until 2/5. If you have a PSVR and don't have this game yet, you need it. It's amazing. And that's coming from someone who has always hated Zen's original stuff because of the crummy physics. The VR makes up for it IMO.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Second week in a row that a single FX3 table pack is on sale on Steam, and this week its called a weekly sale so looks like its an ongoing thing, one table pack per week at something like 40-50% off. Happens that the 2 tables in this weeks pack I got back in November and still haven't tried yet.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
Marvel Pinball Avenger's Chronicles is 50% off on Steam.

Worth $4.99 for the Infinity Gauntlet and Fear Itself tables alone.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
SW tables are all discounted for SW day. Finally picked up the Solo pack. I'm still too bitter over TLJ movie to buy that one even though it's the only pack out of all the FX2/3 tables that I don't own now.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
SW tables are all discounted for SW day. Finally picked up the Solo pack. I'm still too bitter over TLJ movie to buy that one even though it's the only pack out of all the FX2/3 tables that I don't own now.

The Solo pack is the only one missing from my collection but even with the discount I'm on the fence. The main Solo table looks average and the other two look downright dull. I still regret purchasing the Jurassic Park pack, I don't find any of them appealing and they pale in comparison to the Data East version.

In other news, I went to the Play Expo in Manchester this weekend and ticked a few more machines off the list: Munsters / Deadpool / Iron Maiden / Metallica. They were okay but the true highlight was Twilight Zone. I've never understood why people rate that machine so highly, but the example on location completely changed my opinion, it was bloody amazing!

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
MB, I had a go on most of them as well - Munsters would need to play more to form a proper opinion. Iron Maiden & Metallica didn't do it for me, and Deadpool I didn't get to play. Twilight Zone had 2 games on, but don't know what most things do on it yet, just hitting the ball around mostly - activated magna flippers once, and by the time I realised that the ball was already on the way out. Addams Family is one that resonated with me; NBA Fastbreak was better than I thought it would be - I don't like basketball, but I do like that table. Had a go on Whirlwind, and I wouldn't have thought it possible, but the pinball got stuck on the pin at the bottom, looked like it was defying the laws of gravity to get there - pinball missing message came up on the back, but it did move with a nudge (haven't attempted nudging in play as I don't know how to do it properly on a real table).

Had a look at websites for other events, the one in Glasgow run by the same people is about half the size and trickier for me to get to so that's a non-starter. There is another one in Newcastle, but I don't know what that is like.

I've got the Solo pack, but haven't played it much yet, so can't give much guidance there.

Iga_Biva

Oct 10, 2018
Hallo,
There is a sale of some FX3 packs on Playstation EU Store:

Williams Volume 3 from 9.99 to 6.99€
SW Solo Pack - from 9.99 to 4.99€
Jurassic World - from 9.99 to 2.99€

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Flash Steam sale. 28th May (today) only, good discounts on everything. 60% off unlicensed Zen tables, 50% off licensed Zen tables, 40% off Williams packs 1 & 2, 30% off Williams pack 3.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Sale time again on Steam. Large discounts on most FX3 packs, Zaccaria also with large discounts. Black Flaggers 30% off. Pro Pinball Ultra (Timeshock) 50% off.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Pinball Arcade Stern Pack 2 seems to have just gone on sale for 50% off - it wasn't on sale at start of Steam sale.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Just bought Portal Pinball on Pinball FX3, only £0.99 in the steam sale, first non Williams table I've bought and very impressed, bargain! - Here's hoping the new classic physics will be added someday

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just bought Portal Pinball on Pinball FX3, only £0.99 in the steam sale, first non Williams table I've bought and very impressed, bargain! - Here's hoping the new classic physics will be added someday

The first? See, you are exactly the customer Zen doesn't quite realize they have just sitting in waiting. If they added the new WMS physics to their originals, I imagine there'd be a huge spike in table sales, all 70+ of them.

If you are feeling like testing out some others, the Aliens and Jurassic Park packs are great, as is the pack containing Son of Zeuss and Adventureland. If you dip into Star Wars, the Solo movie pack plays great, while on the Marvel side of things so does Ant-Man. All these tables mentioned are newer, made either near the end of the FX2 lifecycle or in FX3. What that means is their design and the physics feel like what Williams does in Single Player rather than Classic, as opposed to something older like Rome or Earth Defense which might be a bit more jarring. Portal having also been a late cycle design, you'll like these listed.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
That's great Shutyertrap, definitely some to try out.

I mainly play FX3 on Xbox One (Got it just to play the Williams tables) however recently bought a new low end laptop and thought I'd give FX3 a try on there - ended up buying the first 3 Williams table packs, the portal table & the walking dead game table in the steam sale as well, so they haven't done too bad out of me!

I like on the Steam version how you can test all the tables prior to buying - that functionality doesn't exist on the console versions which is s shame.

Just love the theme of the portal table, perfect fit for a table - when/if it goes on sale on Xbox one, will definitely cross buy!

Wonder how many people out there have every table across more than one platform - this hobby/obsession could become very expensive very quickly :)

Will have to stick to sales I think....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.