Pinball FX3 & other Pinball sales

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Can't see a dedicated thread for pinball sales, just a general one from the last Steam summer sale so makes sense to have a new one.

FX3 Aliens vs Pinball, and The Walking Dead are both 50% off on Steam until 1st November.

I also note that Zaccaria has a sale, and no sales at all on The Pinball Arcade.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
There's some dlc for Pinball FX3 on sale for Switch, not all of them though. Also some Zen Pinball 2 sales for Vita and PS3.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Steam sale started, most FX3 tables are 50% or 60% off (2 are 70% off, 2 are 30% off); extra 20% off the season bundles which is there all the time (the Han Solo tables have completed Star Wars season 2). I've just bought everything I didn't already have for £34.64 (think its about £75 for someone new to the game to buy everything so a smidge less than £1 per table).

Pinball Arcade has one of the Gottlieb packs for 50% off and that is it, so not exactly compelling.

Zaccaria between 40% and 70% off almost everything.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Pinball FX2 VR is likewise 60% for the base game, 50% off for DLC.

I'm tempted, I've been playing a lot more Stern Pinball VR and Zaccaria VR than I thought I would, but most of their better tables aren't in it, and the tables I would want are only in packs with more mediocre tables. I'd feel better if I knew what their VR plans were, will they have an FX3 VR, will Marvel and Star Wars come to it, and will FX2 VR tables transfer over. I'd love them to do the Williams packs for their VR platform.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I agree, in Europe ZEN sales for the Playstation are very rare. :(

You can use a site like "psprices.com" to get notifications when the price drops.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I picked up all the tables from the past three or four years on steam for PFX3, and I have to say the physics are a ton better on the newer tables compared to the lead ball action you get in the early stuff. Totally worth it at like $1.5 a table or something like that.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Pinball FX2 VR is likewise 60% for the base game, 50% off for DLC.

I'm tempted, I've been playing a lot more Stern Pinball VR and Zaccaria VR than I thought I would, but most of their better tables aren't in it, and the tables I would want are only in packs with more mediocre tables. I'd feel better if I knew what their VR plans were, will they have an FX3 VR, will Marvel and Star Wars come to it, and will FX2 VR tables transfer over. I'd love them to do the Williams packs for their VR platform.

It's totally worth it for $6 for the base game. I'd suggest starting there and if you like it go for table packs. Even if you want to wait a bit on DLC, you won't have to wait long to get on sale. Odds are pretty good they'll be the same or lower in another 30 days for the Winter Sale too.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Yep, I've been waiting for this sale, and I bought the last three packs that I didn't have. At a ~$1.50 (or less) per table, it's hard to beat the price for all of the movie and comic tables.
As for the Williams tables, who cares about a sale? I just want 'em. I NEED 'em.....

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
It's totally worth it for $6 for the base game. I'd suggest starting there and if you like it go for table packs. Even if you want to wait a bit on DLC, you won't have to wait long to get on sale. Odds are pretty good they'll be the same or lower in another 30 days for the Winter Sale too.

I ended up getting the base game and season 1 pack. I really wish they would have picked different tables, but it's quite good for the most part. I think Zen's more fantasy tables benefit a lot from VR. Castlestorm isn't one of my faves, but it was a blast to play with the vikings marching across the table. Biggest problems were setting the view distance was harder than Stern VR, and it's a pain that you have to place the table you want to play in the room before you can play it (can you not just make different rooms?). The backglass design is really lackluster as well, which is a shame. I like that they have the puppet theater scenes in Epic Quest play on the backglass, and of course Paranormal has the only vertical play in the Zen stable, but otherwise the art was pretty meh, like they grabbed the table icon and called it a day.

I'm glad the focus is on the Williams tables for now, but I think their VR platform is good enough to spend more resources on in the future.

And I would *LOVE* it if they could get Starfighter Assault in VR. Seeing the X-wings fly around the table while a Star Destroyer pulls up and starts firing Broadsides? That would be awesome!

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Steam winter sale started.

FX3 most tables with large reduction, many 60% off. Williams pack 1 is 30% off so if anyone was wavering on getting it, then now is the time.

Zaccaria big discounts on most things.

Pinball Arcade, Stern pack 1 50% off, everything else full price. Is it worth buying that pack for someone that has virtually none of the other tables?

Pinball Wicked 20% off - not sure if I should buy this one as well?

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
A few FX2 tables on sale for Xbox 360 if you have Xbox Gold. I assume these would carry over to the Xbox One version of FX3 also.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I assume these would carry over to the Xbox One version of FX3 also.

I thought so, too (bought three packs out of five that I was still missing)... no luck so far unfortunately. The tables don't even show up in FX2 on XBOX ONE for me let alone FX3.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
There is an import tables button but it's broken. Same on my end. Best shot is to just e-mail Zen support. They'll most likely just give you codes for the FX3 packs to download instead.

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
I thought so, too (bought three packs out of five that I was still missing)... no luck so far unfortunately. The tables don't even show up in FX2 on XBOX ONE for me let alone FX3.

This may be a different scenario since it is delisted, but I had to jump through some hoops to get the Street Fighter II table to import into FX2 for Xbox One. I had to turn my console on standby, login to the MS store on my phone, and set it to download from there.

TimeWalker

Apr 27, 2018
Just as an update for the FX2 -> FX3 situation from the last Deals for Gold. Probably interesting for [MENTION=3222]lio[/MENTION] too

I've contacted Zen Support and after sending them my transaction info details over mail, I got the codes for the FX3 packs to redeem on my account.
They now appear in FX3 on both my Xbox One and Windows 10 and I can play all the tables. Their support is a bit slower so it'll take you approx. a week but at least they're very helpful!

Members online

Members online